Imbalance?

L

Legolias

BG1 zerged by albs
BG3 zerged by albs
Emain zerged by albs
Odin's zerged by albs

All at the same time? This is getting way out of hand.

H

harebear

in swg when you start they dont allow you to go to the really populated planets/citys (think thats how it works) some way that stopped people from starting in alb/excal would be cool ;p
kinda late into the game now for that thou :(

L

Legolias

Some kind of population balance would be nice yes, but as you pointed out it's probably too late now :(

L

Legolias

Originally posted by Hit ^_^
hibs mids zerg as much so stop whining.

?

I am very well aware of the fact that mids zerg, and that hibs zerg too but you, totally missed my point.

S

Sohan_THC

So youre point is ALbion got to manny ppl.

Yes we can simultain zerg bg1 to 3 emain and odin and close HW.

how come ? Simple when you start to play most ppl choose the human race. that is why albs always have more ppl that play.

Is alb so much fun that ppl stay. hhhmm yes guess so. there are very nice guilds around . ppl help with quest epics and leveling. so no real urgent reason to go away to other realm.

How come there is so much then in all bg and rlms

Well we got the /level command.
what happens a lot is ppl get steam rolled in emain.
get pissed and start a /level char. then that char does very nice in bg1 and ppl start to level it . *necro prefered* and that is why you see them back in bg2 3.

The solution is not so hard.

Just tell ppl what is so good about midard or hibbieland.

most of time we hear sad stories from ppl who jump over from realm to realm.

just my 2 copper.

K

kirennia

And last night a little later after this post was made, hibs were zerging odins emain and HW. Everyone zergs and the population imbalance doesn't seem to be as apparent as it used to be with more and more Albs seeming to retire from RvR for an easier PvE life.

L

Legolias

hibs zerging emain? no friggin way, I've been in a group to emain around this time and later in the night and we were the only group there.

When we got killed /who emain showed No Matches, that's why we were zerging Odin's. We were all there. We don't have the numbers to zerg three different places at once.

G

Glyph_mid

Usually the same on prydwen, the zerg isnt the biggest though, so can be killed with 1fg luckily or 2fgs teaming up...its not the 100+ albs zergs on excal :p

Thid is zerged by 3-4fgs each day though

M

Mundokar

Emain was completely overrun last night by albs. (same as last few weeks though). They even had the numbers to take MTK and hold it :p

My group went to Odin's to relax some but guess what. The exiled hibs had taken refuge there. About 4FG strong.

After that i logged into Hib/Pryd and levelled some there.

Must say Rvr is somewhat disappointing atm on excalibur. Mids try to zerg but the zergmachine isnt as oiled as the alb one so the endresult.....

F

Faeldawn

Check out the VN board posts about "Hibgard", on a few US servers the Alb population is almost the size of hib/mid combined :)

A

Aybabtu

Uhhh..... start telling people where they can play, good idea :great:

K

Kallio

Mids Zerg(atm)

Hibs Zerg

But albs sure are masters of it, since there aint a albzerg free day.

Point final.

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by Sohan_THC
how come ? Simple when you start to play most ppl choose the human race. that is why albs always have more ppl that play.
I think the single most reason is "knights in shiny armor" and "wizards in pointy hats".
There are humans in the other realms as well, and far more appealing such than saracens/britons. :D

Crowd control should've been in since day one, far too late now.

F

Fluffygirl

i think they should implent some kind of system like Planetside had......an active system which gives realms with underpopulated numbers online some kind of bonus.....may it be exp or rps......something at least to encourage people to play underpopulated realms......as obviously /level 30 didn't help one bit....not even on the US servers.....and exc didn't even get /level 30 in any realm

L

Legolias

Originally posted by Fluffygirl
i think they should implent some kind of system like Planetside had......an active system which gives realms with underpopulated numbers online some kind of bonus.....may it be exp or rps......something at least to encourage people to play underpopulated realms......as obviously /level 30 didn't help one bit....not even on the US servers.....and exc didn't even get /level 30 in any realm

Should is the right word... they are far too late for any solution atm.

O

old.Sepiritz

Who cares about the size of the zergs, all the powergamers reroll in Mid/Hib anyway to get those l33t sk1llz that suddenly sprout the second they move from Alb. One of the Zerg suddenly becomes The one great strategist and tactician that wins solely on his madzk1llz in a point and click game, oh my..

Oh and Nerf the possibility of using such pitiful rewrites of Tolkien character names.. Givz /badname command please. :p

*Troll oozes off somewhere else, kthxglhf*

L

Legolias

Why wasn't I surprised that the above comment was written by an alb ;)

O

old.Sepiritz

Because my writing told the truth and was not just baseless whinging? That, imo, is the major clue.

L

Legolias

Originally posted by old.Sepiritz
Because my writing told the truth and was not just baseless whinging? That, imo, is the major clue.

I didn't see anything in your post that even slightly interested me, and far far from the truth. You're just a simple mindless zerging alb who has no balls to play without easy mode.

O

old.Sepiritz

Ah yes, a legolas wannabe speaking of mindless.. And to top it all off, a hib talking about easy mode. Isnt this all very ironic?

A

Aybabtu

Originally posted by Kallio
Mids Zerg(atm)

Hibs Zerg

But albs sure are masters of it, since there aint a albzerg free day.

Point final.

And what are you gonna do about it?

L

Legolias

Originally posted by old.Sepiritz
Ah yes, a legolas wannabe speaking of mindless.. And to top it all off, a hib talking about easy mode. Isnt this all very ironic?

Oh yes sir, I'm a hib, and I'm talking about easy mode. Do you mean to say, that hib, is easy mode, and albion is not? Gosh I guess you even have some sense of humour...

O

old.Sepiritz

Indeed I am, alb is easily the most underpowered realm, except once every 30 minutes when we can compete. Well in everything except stealth wars, but who cares, kill off stealth and I wont be very sad..

L

Legolias

Aye kill of stealth and I won't be sad either.

But just considere these points:

Focus pulling is the most boring way of pve in the game, and sadly it's the only form of xping left in hibernia.

Hibernia doesn't have a dungeon called Avalon City, which is imho the best dungeon in the game besides Darkness Falls for lvling 40+.

Hibernia also don't have Necromancers, easily the #1 powerlvl class, and the best class to start with in Albion since it costs nothing to maintain a necro, and you can farm cash easy.

The absolute most godly pve tank there is, exists in albion -- the paladin. A paladin combined with platearmor and spec af buff can tank probably even better then most focus pull pets. A pally team + ice wiz group is the best group I've seen in the game.

Do I even have to start about.. Faith Heal? Bunker of Faith? Speed of Sound?

I'm not saying Hibernia is "hard" mode or anything, I'm just saying that albion is by far, very far, the easiest realm to pve in AND rvr in. This also due to the fact that Albion generally on every damn server there is has the biggest population. Therefore is considered the fotm realm.

I've played to 50 in all three realms btw. So I know what I'm talking about.

A

Aybabtu

Woo hoo ..... we can do PvE better than others....

Yes we have Necromancers and Paladin's ofc we must be the easiest realm to play :great: but try to look at the nesesary abilities in a good steady RvR group, albs can't have it all where it's easier for hibs'n'mids, so i guess in PvE we have it pretty sweet as the only way to lvl fast in Hibernia and Midgard is to join the nazi lists if your lucky enough to have a char that can be used in the groups, but in RvR Alb is far from easy mode. imho.

L

Legolias

Originally posted by Aybabtu
Woo hoo ..... we can do PvE better than others....

Yes we have Necromancers and Paladin's ofc we must be the easiest realm to play :great: but try to look at the nesesary abilities in a good steady RvR group, albs can't have it all where it's easier for hibs'n'mids, so i guess in PvE we have it pretty sweet as the only way to lvl fast in Hibernia and Midgard is to join the nazi lists if your lucky enough to have a char that can be used in the groups, but in RvR Alb is far from easy mode. imho.

Not really. Alright you don't have insta AE mezz. But you DO have bolt range AE mezz and I've seen plenty situations where the albs had the mezz in first then the hibs. I think that's a pretty even situation atm. A well balanced albion group can do just as well as a well balanced hib group. It's the fotm savage groups you gotta watch out for ;)

Come to think of it.. I can't remember ever winning against fotm savage groups :) (8v8)

O

old.Sepiritz

The core of an rvr group is by far easier to get in hib and particularly in mid, but this has been nagged about for ages and noone will ever agree on anything in this most like...

As far as PVE go I dont know what camps are avaliable in hib, but im sure the classes is no big issue in hib, a tank with protect and a manachanter should do as fine as a pally and an ice wiz, maybe even better. Theres no shortage of manabombs in hib, like theres with ice wizards in alb (because of poor rvr performance.. (I have a wizard..))

D

del_eneste

Ok Albs/Mids zerg emain most..altho Albs do it more I suppose...hw is never zerged..altho when ever i've been there i've got killed by a Hib zerg..which isnt fun and also Hibs zerg Odins also..yes I admit Albs do aswell. But there always seems to be a Hib stealth zerg camping amg/hmg or Hibs camping amg killing soloers/small groups.

Users who are viewing this thread