Im thinking of...

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
First off, no one was flaming as far as I am concerned. I guess if people disagree with you, then it's flaming in your head.

I don't think the thread went downhill. Why is it a shame it got so heated? What on earth is wrong with people having strong opinions about a class they played for 2 years or more? Ialkarn was pointing out the problems with the class which TRANSLATES to less groups in rvr and pve. If you can't make that jump, then I am sorry. You talk such bs. 90% of ppl don't care about being able to play in good rvr groups? That is complete and utter bollocks. You can tell yourself you don't care, but it's completely obvious that you do and you have a huge chip on your shoulder about it everytime you post. I've seen the "groups" you run in and I doubt 90% of the player base wants to have to play like that.

And yes, it is pathetic how you have to jump in whenever you think someone is being elitist. The truth is people with experience are posting their opinions. It's a discussion board, that is what it's for. The poster is perfectly capable of reading the opinions and deciding what he wants. But as usual, Bracken comes running to make sure no one gets a little advice from higher rr players, cause obviously that is just elitist!

zzzzzz

LoL and I mentioned elitist where? Oh and 90% of my groups are with LoD or BoB - and its always a laugh thanks (and dare I say we even kill the odd thing, even with an armsman?).

So anyways, you've turned on /bitchmode and you're still wrong (in my humblest of opinions of course). Now what?

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
*Ialkarn said:
Ok my point of view is narrow and limited,then show me the real reason someone should roll an armsman;
for fun? it's not fun at all.

a Friar is limited in RvR cause lacking of determination but atlast it's fun.
an armsman isn't fun,it's just a limited class,limited in every situations.
It's a broken warrior in a realm where a guardbot need end regen.

And it's not a problem related only whit the class
it's a problem linked whit the gimpness of 2h weapons:its the main reason all savages respecced from 2h to h2h,even frontload trolls,it's the reason why blademasters replaced celtic spear heroes.

That dosen't mean everyone whit an armsman have to reroll but I don't see anything of bad to warn someone is going to do one.

You don't find it fun. Plenty of people do - and if someone thinks they'll find it fun because they like the concept that's the best reason they need to roll it. Much of what you say is fair of course but to say armsmen suck just aint true. The narrow view I refer to is when it comes to the absolute perfect high level rvr group set up (EDIT: And for the record I mean high level as in taking on highlevel opponents evenly) - in those circumstances there are currently better options. But in general terms they still do fine.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Isn't this kinda like the flaming you were complaining this thread was degenerating into earlier? :touch:

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Isn't this kinda like the flaming you were complaining this thread was degenerating into earlier? :touch:

In for a penny in for a pound, as my old Grandad Reeves used to say...

Besides, it seems to be the order of the day.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Your sarcasm is wasted as I play with Ialkarn. You can call me a bitch all you want, but I still think it's better to tell ppl the truth. I also think it's true that you have a huge chip on your shoulder about proper rvr groups.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
Your sarcasm is wasted as I play with Ialkarn. You can call me a bitch all you want, but I still think it's better to tell ppl the truth. I also think it's true that you have a huge chip on your shoulder about proper rvr groups.

Didn't call you a bitch petal...just noted the mode you're operating in. As for a chip on my shoulder about proper rvr groups (or anything else for that matter)? You really don't know me at all ;)

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
While this converstaion is Constructive / Destructive to both asha and Bracken, which I do not mean to show dis-respect and have respect for both of you, but your taking away from the original posters concern's. Now I may have got side tracked my self on certain speccing issue's but It was still about spec's for Armsmen which at the end of the day is what he wanted :D.

So guys take your discussion's to pm / ingame, which ever you prefer.

Btw.

I think it's pretty clear from the posters attitude and perception of how he 'plays' daoc, I really dont think he was worrying about how much damage per second he can do on Mid Chain while being strenght debuffed by a shaman and using a 5.7 crafted spd pole arm at RR3 just about to hit RR4 and in his new SC which was uba tweaked while still retainting his frontloading possilbilities while still have complete utility for group and self .................. :eek:

I think he wanted to try an armsman because they looked cool to him , he heard they wer decent fighters < note not wtfpwn0rz!> and can get grps generally speaking in rvr < :fluffle: Det > while still having 'fun' with this friends.

<correct me if Im wrong dude, as im sure ur reading all this >

well thats nuff said I think :m00:

Armsmen Rock! \o/ < IMO ofc : D >

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Bitchmode is teh sexeh :sex:

But seriously, theres nothing wrong with 'proper' rvr groups, its just a shame half of albions 2 detirmination classes are being ignored for them and not being given a chance.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
You shouldn't call girls you don't know by familiar nicknames. They don't like it (probably the point).

Vindicator said:
While this converstaion is Constructive / Destructive to both asha and Bracken, which I do not mean to show dis-respect and have respect for both of you, but your taking away from the original posters concern's. Now I may have got side tracked my self on certain speccing issue's but It was still about spec's for Armsmen which at the end of the day is what he wanted :D.
True but I am sick of certain people telling others that their pov isn't valid because they like to rvr. It's just as valid as anyone elses, including a roleplayer.

:touch: Kagato

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
:wub:

<detirmened to keep this thread light-hearted no matter what>

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
You shouldn't call girls you don't know by familiar nicknames. They don't like it (probably the point).

True but I am sick of certain people telling others that their pov isn't valid because they like to rvr. It's just as valid as anyone elses, including a roleplayer.

Aaaand I said their pov wasn't valid where? I just said that I think that particular view is wrong. With your laissez-faire beliefs you'll accept that's my perogative, right? Of course I could say Im tired of certain people telling others that class/spec xxx sucks and they shouldnt roll them in order to be considered worthy. But I won't.

So are you trying to imply I'm a roleplayer, Lady Asha, and notverygood at rvr? And if so does that mean I'm not cool? Well bugger me, I will never be able to hold my head up in public again :(

Finally, I do apologise petal for my shameless sarcasm, not to mention my hypocrasy. It's just that if someone really wants to play silly buggers on a board then who am I to refuse?

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Finally, I do apologise petal for my shameless sarcasm, not to mention my hypocrasy. It's just that if someone really wants to play silly buggers on a board then who am I to refuse?
It's wasted on me, you can call me all the condisending names you like and I won't get upset, sorry. Try again (insulting and condisending... hmmm what is next..)

You said their pov was not valid by saying that they ruin the thread to discuss something they are passionate about - because they don't agree with you. I didn't call you a role player - but someone who does not play rvr to the max of the potential of their char is roleplaying to me. I have no idea if you roleplay and I have zero desire to find out.

Kagato I am always light hearted ! :)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
It's wasted on me, you can call me all the condisending names you like and I won't get upset, sorry. Try again (insulting and condisending... hmmm what is next..)

You said their pov was not valid by saying that they ruin the thread to discuss something they are passionate about - because they don't agree with you. I didn't call you a role player - but someone who does not play rvr to the max of the potential of their char is roleplaying to me. I have no idea if you roleplay and I have zero desire to find out.

Insulting and condescending are words more accurately used to describe your posts Asha. I was being sarcastic. Absolutely no intention of even trying to upset you - wouldn't give you the satisfaction...

So, let's get this thing straight. You jumped in after I had made a post about the thread going downhill (which, guess what, you didn't have to take quite so seriously). I responded then - and of course once you started saying how I talk such bullshit and making references to the types of group you believe I play in (too funny as I think we have grouped...oh...once), then it was open season. Someone wants to get silly and make references to my posts and how I play then great - I'll play along, and the banter is amusing ( and my posts are made with tongue firmly in cheek - but guess that's lost on you too). But the irony of it all is when you say I'm dissing someone's right to have a pov - or that I somehow care that it's different. I said the thread was going downhill, and made some sarcy comment about what might come next. That was it. You decided to take that oh so seriously enough to wade in, ended up going on about the kind of groups I run in and now we've come full circle with you claiming I am saying a pov is not valid. Absolutely beautiful. I have said I think certain views are wrong (I know Im bad for questioning someone of higher realm rank, which you so correctly pointed out). But absolutely nowhere here, or anywhere else have I ever said a pov aint valid, or said someone shouldn't post. I just put my opinion on what I read.

But anyways, you have kept me entertained all evening. For that I thank you. Your twisting of words, making of assumptions and general willingness to totally miss the point has been played out to perfection. I'll hand over to you for the final word.

Good night ;)

PS Oh just one little note before I go. Just for the record and all- seeing as you raised the issue earlier... I love rvr. Sure I suck donkey balls at it, but I love it. When I go rvring sometimes I'm just out to have a laugh and don't care what kind of group it is, sometimes I wanna be in a "proper" (and I use the term in the positive sense) rvr group. I am lucky enough to seem to be able to get both kinds of group - not all the time but enough to keep myself happy. But above all else I have the upmost respect for those who play this game out of a simple sense of fun - whether that be through "proper" rvr, roleplaying, mindless zerging or whatever. It's about fun and the great thing about this game is that there are infinite ways to play it. If you read my posts, I mean really read what they say, not what you want them to say to twist for an argument, you'll see it's all about encouraging people to play what and how they like - and not to be swayed by anyone from any end of the gaming spectrum espousing a particular way of playing ( yes people do get swayed by what others say).The example in this thread was "Don't roll an armsman, they sux". So you see it's really as simple as that. And no, I don't think for a second you give a toss...I'm just putting the record straight at the end of the night.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Petal wasn't used condisendingly? Please, pull the other one.

The truth is that you do tell people that their opinions (that arms suck or that they are having a hard time or that shield sucks or that xxx spec isn't good) aren't valid because it's not what you chose. You can try to back pedel and deny that all you want, I don't care. So funny how I take you too seriously but you have to keep attempting to back up your bs about how it's wrong to tell ppl the way things are. People play to have fun. It isn't fun to get to level 40 and you can't get a group very easily and you can't solo very quickly. It isn't fun to get to 50 and learn that the class you spend xxx hours of your life lvling is not really desired in RvR groups. It's not a nice thing, but it's the truth.

I still say people should tell the truth, especially to people new to the game.

You can keep talking in circles, but your posts on BW and here are always telling people they shouldn't call xxx class or spec wrong and that they are just being elitist. Well sorry but some people enjoy to debate these things and that is in part what these boards are for. I hope that when people ask questions like how should I spec xxx that they will get all of the info/opinions on that class and spec - good ones and bad ones. You can keep your head in the sand for all I care.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
you say you rvr with your armsman and etc fine, but when I see armsmen inviting me to groups and I don't know them i doubt their seriousness in rvr... and even so when i group with ialkarn I sometimes come to think what if he where and merc, would we have won that close fight, Im not saying that ialkarn is bad player or anything but you have to understand that today anything two hand is not so good anymore.

But then again we I know one fight where we actually won just due to ialkarn where the ma picked ialkarn as target and stayed on him enitre fight and a rr9lx somethign he was then with ap and sob with 2500 hp where easier to heal then the sorc near him. :)

Anyhow, RR10 arms is gonna be better then rr1 Ho merc...
I would suggest that if you level a Ho anything id say merc.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
Petal wasn't used condisendingly? Please, pull the other one.

The truth is that you do tell people that their opinions (that arms suck or that they are having a hard time or that shield sucks or that xxx spec isn't good) aren't valid because it's not what you chose. You can try to back pedel and deny that all you want, I don't care. So funny how I take you too seriously but you have to keep attempting to back up your bs about how it's wrong to tell ppl the way things are. People play to have fun. It isn't fun to get to level 40 and you can't get a group very easily and you can't solo very quickly. It isn't fun to get to 50 and learn that the class you spend xxx hours of your life lvling is not really desired in RvR groups. It's not a nice thing, but it's the truth.

I still say people should tell the truth, especially to people new to the game.

You can keep talking in circles, but your posts on BW and here are always telling people they shouldn't call xxx class or spec wrong and that they are just being elitist. Well sorry but some people enjoy to debate these things and that is in part what these boards are for. I hope that when people ask questions like how should I spec xxx that they will get all of the info/opinions on that class and spec - good ones and bad ones. You can keep your head in the sand for all I care.

Top o' the morning to you Asha.

Right so what we got here then? Ah yes...back on that one....

Opinions are fine. Telling the truth is good. Giving all the info is good. Show me 1 post ANYWHERE where I say that shouldn't happen. If I recall the only thing I've picked up on here is "Don't roll an armsman they sux" - which I (and others) just don't think is "the truth" (the thing you claim to be so fond of), and also to say the thread had gone downhill. The irony of course is that I've helped take it even further downhill now :(

But when I am disagreeing I am burying my head in the sand, being anti-elitist (funny how I hadn't mentioned it...), talking bullshit, telling someone they shouldn't post or telling someone their pov aint valid? Just because I disagree? What's really hilarious is that you come out with all this crap about me telling people their opinions arent valid without actually showing where I do this. Saying I think someone is wrong is very different to saying a view aint valid. And then you play the victim when I throw some sarcasm back? You really do have that down to a fine art.

As for me backpedalling? Um...no. I put a few things straight, seeing as you like throwing out assumptions about how I play or my motives for posting, but no backpedalling at all. But hey don't let what I actually write get in the way of you just trying to score a cheap point. Maybe one day you'll actually be able to accept someone just thinks you're wrong without twisting it upside down and arse over tit.

If you ever actually read what I put you'll see I agree with alot of what is written about armsmen, just as I agreed with alot on 2H pallies or hybrid armsmen spec (all of which I assume are the posts your referring to when you talk about my BW posts). I also disagree with alot of it. You'll not see me anywhere saying a pov isn't valid - you will see me saying I think a pov is wrong though. You really aren't telling me that you can't understand the difference, right?

So you keep backing those who tell people what spec/class they should or shouldn't roll. I'll keep disagreeing where I think they're wrong. I'll agree where I think they are right. You know it actually might just be easier if you just made a post listing exactly what classes and specs are acceptable so that anyone who wants to roll a non-fotm class can be saved all that heartache?

You keep referring to my past posts. You keep saying what my posts are "always" like. You keep bringing up elitism. Sounds like you've been harbouring this for a while Asha...

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Z^^ said:
you say you rvr with your armsman and etc fine, but when I see armsmen inviting me to groups and I don't know them i doubt their seriousness in rvr... and even so when i group with ialkarn I sometimes come to think what if he where and merc, would we have won that close fight, Im not saying that ialkarn is bad player or anything but you have to understand that today anything two hand is not so good anymore.

But then again we I know one fight where we actually won just due to ialkarn where the ma picked ialkarn as target and stayed on him enitre fight and a rr9lx somethign he was then with ap and sob with 2500 hp where easier to heal then the sorc near him. :)

Anyhow, RR10 arms is gonna be better then rr1 Ho merc...
I would suggest that if you level a Ho anything id say merc.

Funnily enough, despite what some people might have you believe, in "proper" rvr terms I largely agree with you. I just happen to also think that a) armsmen can still do a job if well played and b) that if someone WANTS to roll a HO armsman because they like the concept then go ahead and do it - they will still be able to have plenty of fun with it, even if currently mercs are better in pure rvr terms.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Oh dear, are you two still at it ? :rolleyes:

Do sort this out soon, im running out of witty remarks to butt in with.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Bracken said:
PS Oh just one little note before I go. Just for the record and all- seeing as you raised the issue earlier... I love rvr. Sure I suck donkey balls at it, but I love it. When I go rvring sometimes I'm just out to have a laugh and don't care what kind of group it is, sometimes I wanna be in a "proper" (and I use the term in the positive sense) rvr group. I am lucky enough to seem to be able to get both kinds of group - not all the time but enough to keep myself happy.

tears in my eyes now :(

:mad:

*Ialkarn

Fledgling Freddie
Ok Braken you saying it's not right to write armsmen sux,but I don't see any argument to defend your tesis;you say ppl still like armsmen for the concept,fair enought,but I guess we could say the same for thanes or for someone full crossbow specced,but that dosen't have much to do whit them being gimped or not.
You just state they don't sux and they can still be good if played well,I state they sux and I explaned why (in my opinion ofc),I would be glad to know why they don't sux under your point of view.
This is a PvP/PvE game,the fact someone like an armsman cause he can wear plate and hold 2h weapons or poles is a minor thing inside the game,what it count is how this class is balanced in front of the others and what is his impact in pvp/pve contests:I judge armsmen under those parameters I still don't have a clue under what parameters you state they are ok.

it seem like since you are an armsman you feel in danger cause ppl dosen't consider them good animore;well I 'm sorry but deny the truth dosen't help the category at all.
If a day the armsman's class gonna get love it's cause someone pointed the finger on their weakness.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
*Ialkarn said:
Ok Braken you saying it's not right to write armsmen sux,but I don't see any argument to defend your tesis;you say ppl still like armsmen for the concept,fair enought,but I guess we could say the same for thanes or for someone full crossbow specced,but that dosen't have much to do whit them being gimped or not.
You just state they don't sux and they can still be good if played well,I state they sux and I explaned why (in my opinion ofc),I would be glad to know why they don't sux under your point of view.
This is a PvP/PvE game,the fact someone like an armsman cause he can wear plate and hold 2h weapons or poles is a minor thing inside the game,what it count is how this class is balanced in front of the others and what is his impact in pvp/pve contests:I judge armsmen under those parameters I still don't have a clue under what parameters you state they are ok..

Fair point - I didn't go into detail why I happen to believe armsman don't "sux". Before the posts got wiped in the FH rollback I said I was gonna zip it in this thread now - so Im gonna stick to that. If you want to, drop me a pm and we'll discuss it there :)

Parnelion

Fledgling Freddie
my arsman was 50/50 before.. but respecced 50 2h, 39 slash, 42 shield and rest parry.. no loss in dmg what i noticed... only made it way more easy for me to actually keel ;) slam+onslaught is evul :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom