Im new to this ADSL

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
Hello i have just ordered this package http://www.getadsl.co.uk/dsl1000.htm

Its the dsl100 package for 40 quid a month.

My question is how the hell do i connct when i get it. I have been given a user name and a pass. Plus some 0845 numbers but i dont need to dial up do i ?

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
You don't "dial" you log on, using your username and password.
It's more like a network than the dial up you are used to.
Don't forget to make sure your firewall is up to date :)

The-Don

Loyal Freddie
Are you using a modem or a router? there are some pretty decent guides around that will help you set it up :)

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
The-Don said:
Are you using a modem or a router? there are some pretty decent guides around that will help you set it up :)

A modem.

Thanks so far fellas :)

The-Don

Loyal Freddie
ah, a modem is pretty straightforward to setup. It's just a case of plugging it in and installing the software which should revert to default settings. (The settings you need to use will be provided by Nildram anyway). If all this goes to plan and the modem works, putting in your username and password will enable you to connect.

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
The-Don said:
ah, a modem is pretty straightforward to setup. It's just a case of plugging it in and installing the software which should revert to default settings. (The settings you need to use will be provided by Nildram anyway). If all this goes to plan and the modem works, putting in your username and password will enable you to connect.

Sweet thanks matey :)

The-Don

Loyal Freddie
Xavier said:
:(

Zen >>> GetADSL

Oh well, too late now!

i beg to differ, after using both, i have concluded that nildram poops on zen. Good choice L-Plates :p

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
The-Don said:
i beg to differ, after using both, i have concluded that nildram poops on zen. Good choice L-Plates :p

:)

Thankyou hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom