im new to the game,and would like to know...

G

Galiryn

the one you think is best..

dont listen to other people :)

C

ChillyDawg

go to hibernia, they have like 3 ppl, need reinforcements!

K

Keogh

Originally posted by ChillyDawg
go to hibernia, they have like 3 ppl, need reinforcements!

And they need a 4th to make their Emain zerg bigger :D

C

Coim-

Originally posted by Galiryn
the one you think is best..

dont listen to other people :)
Indeed. Whichever you think looks the coolest. :)

D

duact

álbion imo , albs need new players to fill up the fgs

S

Sortbane

yeah, go albion on excalibur, they really need to get the FG's filled.. [/sarcasm]

But this is my real opinion:

Indeed. Whichever you think looks the coolest.

Go with you want the most, you bought the game, you play it the way you want it to be played.. no one can force you to stop having fun when playing :)

On the other hand, just to be sensible, Hibernia got the least people playing at the moment (but not by overly too far) , and Midgard and Albion somewhat even in numbers when playing (alb more players, mid with more active 50's for RvR)

As they said, go with what you like.. if you get a nice first impression with a realm go for it :)

E

--Eraser--

if i would start the game now i would pick hib i think.

they re a bit underpopulated, yes.
they re cute (hello you tree-huggers :wub: )

mids: all ugly and nasty (nerf savages) :flame:

albs: a bit soul-less, if you know what i mean.
at least mids are the "bad guys", alb is just boring a bit.

anyway if you have a look just for the landscape, the old lands (not SI expension) are most beautiful and different in alb. camelot is also the best looking capital imo, but im a bit envious aboout hibs n mids SI epic dungeon. caer sidi is boring.

H

hiban

Do N_O_T go to albion. They come in 1000s and smell of thinner! (same on all servers, no matter what they say) like 95% of all newcomers chose to play on albion for some reason.
I started in hibernia. Like that realm v much. ppl there are generally nicer for some reason.. Think its the fresh air and the luwis that do it.

Anyways... ppl are telling u to do whatever u want. However, this is bs... Go Hibernia or exp-kill u! :)

S

Sohan_THC

Originally posted by hiban
I started in hibernia. Like that realm v much. ppl there are generally nicer for some reason..

Rofl how you know ??? youre started there as hib :)
you also could say you don't know better :cool:

Well it is simple , you wanna have blond or red head sweet GF come albion :clap:

hippies are hmmm well you know "hip" hugging tree's smoking leafs etc , altho elfs do look pretty in a way.

norse , yeah hmmm wel cold as ice , they smell and they come in all kinds of sizes except the right one.

To be honest , all 3 realms has is con and pro's

H

Hrogar

I hear Hibernia is rather nice this time of year... still a wee bit to green and fluffy for my taste, but it suits some people (obviously) :p
What do you wanna be in game? Do you wanna blast things up with a cool spell? Pick Hibernia. Do you wanna crush things and toss people around with your bare hands? Pick Midgard. Do you wanna be a good-guy-brave-sir-knight? Pick Albion.

Good luck picking mate!

C

Cheesehound

DO NOT GO ALBION! PLEASE GOD SAVE YOURSELF THE HORROR OF GETITNG UTTER OWNED BY EVERY MID/HIB CLASS OUT THERE, OH GOD THE HORROR....THE HO...*breaks down*

A

Asq

Originally posted by Sohan_THC
hippies are hmmm well you know "hip" hugging tree's smoking leafs etc , altho elfs do look pretty in a way.
I just knew you albies had a weakspot for us hibbies :p

S

Shrye

Oh, please... Hib isn't the goodie-goodie realm anymore, it's become just as arrogant as the other two realms, filled with rp whores and what not. Picking Hibernia because the population is more polite would be stupid, it has some nice chaps, just like the two other realms does. And a bunchload of arrogant ones (those of you saying otherwise, when was last time you played an un-guilded char? k, thought so...)

Pick on the realm with the class/scenario you prefer to play (in), altho I've heard Albion has become rather hard to level in no matter what class you pick (due to everyone using a necro to pl their toons with).

C

censi

Easy mode go Midgard

Hard mode is Hibernia

Zerg mode is albion

(oh and Super Easy mode roll a savage to)

Seriously though.

Hibernia is a good realm in terms of the people.

Alb is full with the Bell possy. Mid is full of Fotms atm.

Roll a Blademaster, you wont be dissapointed there.

C

chosen

i would say that albion is the most funny place to exp, first time i saw salisbury plains i was like "WoW!!" and first time i could solo a salisbury giant was even better :p
or when i went to the north hills killing those spiders at lvl 6 and went to far up and got killed by a purp goblin patroll :p
not sure if albion is stil exping around here or if it is turned to a PL realm like midgard.

R

Rubric

Originally posted by Cheesehound
DO NOT GO ALBION! PLEASE GOD SAVE YOURSELF THE HORROR OF GETITNG UTTER OWNED BY EVERY MID/HIB CLASS OUT THERE, OH GOD THE HORROR....THE HO...*breaks down*

Bet you wish you had kept that Druid on Hib Excal now Cheese.

B

Begach

Imo.

Roll Mid to WTFPWN wether you blow ass or are teh gamesmaster. Vastly better group configs (to the point where they can play badly and still win most fights). Roll whatever you want, you'll pretty much always win if it's a tank or seer and not thane. Mythic'll love your ass and always make sure you have a clear advantage at every patch. Savage, warrior, healer, shammie are your favourites. Alot of ill feeling in hib/alb about mid classes. Don't expect to get gratz of other realms unless your a serious charamatic dude. You play well/honourably people will see a stronger class, nothing more and will rather tell you so than grat you.

Roll alb to seriously struggle at lower RR and suffer from the oooooooooooooodles of smiters who'd rather smite for 200 dmg than spread heal for 2000+, the wierd skill distro and the fact most of the realm are rp hoe stealthers with a hard on. BUT decent RR you'll have a better chance v's the mids FoTM groups. Harder to set up that perfect group config. Listen early, roll whats needed and spec perfectly or you'll simply sook or be left back at teleport keep. If zerging aint your bag, alb aint your realm. Reaver/merc/inf imo are your current/future RvR favourites imo. Generally peoples opinion will be based completely on you. For instance some albs are twats. I also consider some of em strong and honourable players. You play well/honourably people will see it.

Roll hib to do ok v's albs (pretty much equal in strength), have little to no chance v's mid savage groups at any RR but generally imo easier putting together a serviceble RvR group. On the upside you have a little flexability with your classes without gimping them to shit. Chanter (hib caster class) is considered by many to be overpowered (alot less so in this patch.....tank groups are the current optimum RvR group config). Blademaster, any tank with slam, dual druid pairs are the current favourites (don't make a warden......mythic have been fuckin them for 16 months and have yet to kiss them on the lips so it's looking bleak). Again peoples opinion of your and your game will depend on you. Hib has it's good guys and it's twats. You play well/honourably people will see it.

Summary RvR strength atm

RvR fg strength RR2 - Mid>>>>>>>Hib>alb

RvR fg strength RR7 - Mid>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Alb>>>>>>Hib

Assasin Stealther solo - Alb>>>>>>Hib>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mid

Ranged Stealther solo - Hib>Mid>Alb

Populations

Hib - Active chars 3,591 - lvl 50's 1,782 (26%)
Mid - Active chars 5,037 - lvl 50's 2,340 (34%)
Alb - Active chars 6,720 - lvl 50's 2,720 (40%)

You got the facts, you choose :)

B.

S

Silenzio

chose the char/race u like more =) n u will have the realm,
if u have some old friend playing in any realm join em :)

more friend more fun... :)

id say chose a cheap easy class at start... but is ur first char so
go to... choose what u rlly like :)

W

Whoodoo_RD

Go Hib if you sympathise
Go Alb if you are lazy
Go Mid for a middle ground.

Hib lack players simple, Albs are all kids who throw paddys when they loose and Mids are generally somewhere in between.

My tip, Mid on Excal or Hib on Prydwen. Youll get a half sensible game then.

S

sheepseyes

try all 3
make a char see what you think delete try another realm and so on
you have a months free sub to play around with

i felt cold in mid all that snow brrrr
to many trees in hib for my likeing
so i went alb with open spaces

N

-Nuked-

Originally posted by -Nuked-
everyone whines about savages (even some in midgard who arnt 1.) over powered and they are unbalancing it so they will get nerfed so dont roll as 1. (which ofc is clearly shown by how many savages there are in comparison too warriors or thanes etc - even zerkers)

hibernia im told by anyone who has played alb or mid has the best atmosphere, and we are clearly most skilled in RvR :eek: (lowest population but count the RR10s)

albion dont zerg as much as they once did, many RR1 guys to farm as they run in packs of 4fgs. also a little unbalanced with a few 2 many wizards!

(yes im a hib) i would say hibernia is the best realm to join if u want a challenge (out numbered) but at the same time you have more chance of a good solid balanced group of ppl who follow orders.

if your part of midgard your gana need 2 roll a healr shammy or savage or your not gana get a group

albion, you will get a group easy, that doesnt mean it will be balanced :p

I

ilaya

If u wanna start up in Hib /send me a message in game.. will be happy to take u into Hearts of Fire.. play as the chars in my signature below and as Umheapbig/Gemyni/Goldenstar too.. :D

we are very good guild for peeps to learn their stuff.. very friendly too :) gl matey with game, hope u enjoy.. we have :)

K

kirennia

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD
Go Hib if you sympathise
Go Alb if you are lazy
Go Mid for a middle ground.

:ROFLMAO: yeah right

F

firebirth

Depends on what kind of gaming experience your after. imo

Hibernia is more laid back realm with people happy to help and with a general slow pace to life (like spain)

Midgard, mosty of their races are dogs, real ugly runts, but they do have some very interesting classes, generally very nice and well organised, so usually own RvR.

Albion is as friendly as any of the realms and just as whiney. usually a bit slow to react in RvR and generally a little disorganised and get owned.

Its upto u ive visited all the realms in my time. Midgard is a little dark and bland for my liking, Albion is varied and interesting and hibernia.....just damn weird.

anyway ur probably already playing as one of the realms by now so good luck m8y im an Albion player so if u need help Firebirth is my main. if u joined hibernia or midgard il be gladely kicking your ass in emain very soon.

L

Lumikki

From excal, pick Hib, midgard sucks, albion is overpopulated and hibs are underpopulated! Go hib!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom