I'm getting really bored

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
So I need a new game to play.. Daoc can get boring when there is nothing to do. I can play one game of PES before getting really bored. That's all I got atm. Daoc, PES and FH.. Not much entertainment :D

So I need a new game and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a nice game for me?

Another mmorpg is out of the question! Cba to grind anymore =D I've tried NFL, but got boring aswell, so no sports either. Car games don't really apeal to me either.

Something I can play alone without playing against others on the internet, use loads of time on and have fun with :)

So anything ppl played recently they wanna recommend?

Thx alot

Helme

Resident Freddy
Bioshock, Vampire's The Masquerade: Bloodlines, Company of Heroes, Tiberium Wars, Oblivion.

Just a few games that pops up in my head.

CorNokZ

Bioshock, Vampire's The Masquerade: Bloodlines, Company of Heroes, Tiberium Wars, Oblivion.

Just a few games that pops up in my head.

Got Tiberium wars, but I'm totally stuck in both GDI and Nod, so I cba with that anymore :D

What are the others about?

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Playing Oblivion on xbox atm, really pulls you in. Single player role playing game is easiest way to describe it I suppose.

Its visually stunning, masses to do and the storyline is excellent.

I've just been in a massive battle to save a demon infested town. Charged in with the guards and won the main courtyard back, then ran back to the church to fetch the key, bumped into a passing guard patrol who offered to assist and then charged back in with them following me.....AI ingame is great, you really feel like part of the world

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
play pes 08 against me when it's out.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Medieval series is great!

Tollercoaster tycoon too. Just go to hmv and check out thier 3 for 10 quid range, usually some really cool games there

CorNokZ

play pes 08 against me when it's out.

'08? They ever made a PES7?! :D

Oblivion sounds nice tbh..

ps: any nice new Shoot em ups around? I feel like a bit of action :D

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
FEAR comabt (its free) is the fear game, online fps best of all its a free download and free to play

bf2142 has a good online player base

americas army an other free fps lots of updates

supreme commander RTS its not free costs about £14:99 though so not to much theres some good online play to be had after you get used to playing.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Got Tiberium wars, but I'm totally stuck in both GDI and Nod, so I cba with that anymore :D

What are the others about?

Bioshock is sort of Deus Ex in a new wrapping, which isn't a bad thing at all. Im currently playing it and wow is all I have to say, certainly lives up to the extremly high average rating it has gotten in reviews(think the lowest I seen so far, was 9.2/10).

link to review: BioShock for PC Review - PC BioShock Review
--------------------------------------

Vampire is an shooter/rpg focusing on white wolfs roleplaying world Vampire the Masquerade, you're basically a vampire in todays Los Angeles and have to work with the 'Prince' to do quests etc to protect the "Masquerade"(Vampires way of hiding their existance from mortals).

link to review: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines for PC Review - PC Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Review

Company of Heroes is one of the best RTS games ever made, focusing on the American invasion of Europe during World War 2, well worth a try if you haven't played it yet - also really cool in multiplayer.

link to review: Company of Heroes for PC Review - PC Company of Heroes Review

Oblivion is an very open ended singleplayer RPG with a huge world and a very free skill system, think of it like Morrowind(if you played that) but better. It is highly recommended you get it on PC however, there's hundreds of thousands of mods out there with new content to get.

link to review: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for PC Review - PC The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Review

you had played Tiberium Wars so no need to say more about that I guess.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Stalker, bioshock, the end......for a couple of weeks

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Play oblivion on the PC if at all, that way you can mod it so the mobs are set levels and dont level with you (aka most-pointless-feature-in-an-rpg-ever)

gohan

FH is my second home
oldie but good game

fable

its like an acction adventure roleplay game, u chose what you do and it affects how people persive you, can be goodie goodie, or like me get bored an murder a gaurd for looking at you funny

+ loads of paths to choose like caster archer melee can do AOE's slow down time fireball the shit out of things

can steal aswell and smash windows, get married buy houses and rent them out, and in your information page it hold your record for the furthest uv'e kicked a chicken ^^

bit short, if u concentrated on missions you can complete it in about 16 hours but cant have it all

Helme

Resident Freddy
bit short, if u concentrated on missions you can complete it in about 16 hours but cant have it all

I finished it in 7 hours on the PC(so had Lost Chapters) was the first time I ever played it :(

Apart from that it's a great game, im having high hopes on the 2nd one.

CorNokZ

So Bioshock and Oblivion will keep me entertaint for quite a while?

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
If you have a Radeon GCard, you can get Half Life 2 : Death Match free with the latest drivers! =) Tis all in good fun, especially killing people with flying radiators !

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I vote for Magnus and Myggen. Pixeline is ace too.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
If you like turn based strategy games mixed with real time battle mode, try the Rome Total War and/or Medeival II Total War series - it will keep you hooked for years and there's a bazzillion mods out there which keep these games alive forever and ever. :)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
company of heroes is total ownage. i played it all day yesterday and i only managed 2 levels in that time. theres so much shit to think about you cant just zerg with 30 galactic motherships like in CnC

GRN

Fledgling Freddie
Hitman: Blood Money. It's as close to a movie a shoot-em-up-game can get (atleast compared to the games I've played); the graphics and music are excellent and the story has been properly written.

And, of course, it's fun for hours!

Yours,
GRN

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Playing Bluedragon atm on the 360, tis ok. Made by the same peope that do FF

CorNokZ

I vote for Magnus and Myggen. Pixeline is ace too.

Already finished Pixeline, but I don't know how to get past the wolf in the forest in Magnus and Myggen? :(

I've tried looking for cheats, but nothing! I'm done with M&M tbh!

And I think I'll go out and buy Oblivion and Bioshock today.. Was thinking of S.T.A.L.K.E.R., but a friend of mine says it's S.C.A.R.Y as hell :D

CorNokZ

Bought Oblivion, but the damn plastic wrapper won't come off! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom