I'm bored, i'm waiting, i'm moving!

Poox

Loyal Freddie
I have played on Albion Prydwen and Hibernia Excalibur from January 2003, now it's time for change.. bye bye stupid noob Albion's who smell of cheese and want a slap.

Hello advanced Midgardians who pwn.. basically.

I'm leaving behind a 50 Cleric, Armsman and Minstrel all ToA'ed up.

And.. im wondering what class I should make?

; as i am bored waiting for Prydwen to come back up.. will you please suggest classes based on these guidelines.

_________

I am hoping to join an active RvR guild. I do not care how long it takes to level. End game is all that matter's for me.

I am hoping to have an active role in RvR groups, gank groups or keep defenses/takes.

Firstly I will walk you through which type of classes I prefer and which i will definatly not play.

Berserker - Thinking mainish damager in gank groups.. and doesn't play large role in either keep attacks/defenses

Skald - Not sure on this one.. i was thinking solo running about ganking but i'm not sure.. enlighten me =)

Thane - Interupter? I don't really know about this one =)

Warrior - BG, blocker, interupter damager

Savage - Alikened to Merc/BM, main damager

Healer - CC and a bit of healing?

Shaman - Healing and maybe some damage

Hunter - Don't want to play - SOLO
Shadowblade - Don't want to play - SOLO

Runemaster - Damager
Spiritmaster - Damager, like cabby, interupter?
Bonedancer - ?
Warlock - ?
Valkyrie - ?

I know this is all a bit messed up and doesnt match what i said but u see what im getting at.

I don't know which class to create basically.. maybe you could do a questionnaire for me while were all bored? lol i'll be on here all night so i'll answer quickly etc..

Poox

Loyal Freddie
P.S i'm listening to star wars music over and over and i don't know why.. i just clicked it and it's repeating and i cba turning it off lol

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Always need for good healers. If you got patience roll thane, though you better get to rr5+ asap. With 1.76 there will be a need for savage I asume.

Dunno if that helped you anything.. hope it did.

blejs

Loyal Freddie
Go healer or shammy.

They lack mostly in groups, if u want to lead groups and be able to build stuff easy go pac healer.

You can always do healer,rm/skald + dmg and go out and run as trio.

And if u are good pacci u will also become wanted in many groups.

Lacks good paccis in game, Bad Omen that i am GM for lacking a pacci to build a setgroup. And cant find a good one atm thats avalible :/

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
may i suggest you do NOT delete your chars

buy a new account if you can

I deleted my rr6 healer here to try out hib/pryd before i quit, I came back a year later and i cant get him restored ;(

Poox

Loyal Freddie
So do pac healer's do anything else other than Mezz?

heal & buff... but mainly is it mezz?

also, what spec would you look for?

Once i've learnt, i'll be good... =)

whee match of the day is on :p

Moberg

Loyal Freddie
Berserker - damage dealer/interupur(BL)

Skald - speed/dmg/hazzle healers, casters...not part of many opted gankgroups noedays

Thane - craftbot

Warrior - BG, blocker, slammer, damager

Savage - dmg and maybe bg/grapple in lack of warrior
Healer - Healing/cc/interupt...pac=main cc/healing and interupt, mend/pac= backup cc/heal/interupt, aug=heal/heal/buff/celerity/interupt

Shaman - interupt/buff/the odd heal(2shotting ppl if named Profion)

Hunter - Don't want to play - SOLO
Shadowblade - Don't want to play - SOLO

Runemaster - Damager
Spiritmaster - Damager/interupt or intercept pet
Bonedancer - interupt/interupt/interupt/some dmg
Warlock - ?
Valkyrie - ?

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Healers are far better than peeps realize for sure. I would hate to level one though as it must be like watching paint dry. But if you hate soloing then I reckon a Healer is the way to go. Might not be able to buff up that well but the rest of your skills will make up for that and also you can play solo too in BGs. Healers if specced right in Thid are quite something.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
As others say, there's always a need for good healers and shamans.

Savage - dmg and maybe bg/grapple in lack of warrior

Could be just me, but I wouldn't go BM as a savage.. leave it to the thanes and warriors... instead go WL for 25ABS pbaoe and many other goodies. :)

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
There's plenty healers.. It's shammies that are missing. Also - unless you get yourself into a guild that runs regular RvR groups, forget about RvR altogether, or you'll have to put up with random groups. (Great if it's your thing, but this doesn't always work out.)

Skald, Warrior, Thane, Savage, Berserker are all viable classes. Keep in mind that next patch tanks will be a lot harder to CC - tankgroups will be viable again.

Runemaster, Spiritmaster, Bonedancer: All are wanted - especially in groups where one debuffs the others damagetype. But this won't happen in random groups.

Hunters, Shadowblades. You already stated that you don't want to solo, so don't bother with these.

Valkyrie, Warlock. Valkyrie might make a decent tank, but don't expect to get anything other than a random group, or a group that feels sorry for you. Warlocks are fun solo, less usefull in groups. (They die first. :)

Levelling won't be easy in Midgard as it is right now. Better make sure you have Catacombs installed and solo your way to 40, then start on your MLs. Unfortunatly, healers and shamies solo rather badly, so you're in a bit of a tizz there. :/

Lilinallte

Fledgling Freddie
I'm just hoping my house is still there, when Prydwen finally goes up again... Meanwhile playing PvP:) As do alot of others, I have noticed....

Brite

Banned
without cluster atm mid pryd can make some pretty good random groups, can be 2 or 3 running a night if lucky

but to get invite to a decent random group you have to really have ventrilo to be able to communicate easily, have a fairly decent template aswell because i personally put a lot of effort into any charecters im going to play to get it the best i can and i expect other people to put in some effort too else its a bit insulting to people who do in the group and last but not least you have to be a fairly decent player, listen to the group, if you play decent can expect more groups in the future and some good rvr, but obviously if you play shit dont expect groups

still dont know why saaug keeps getting invites tho really :eek7: :worthy: :p

whats wanted in groups is well:

shaman: shearing, ae root/dis for interupts, almost instant rebuff for people sheared/died in fight, is a lack of good shams in mid/pry atm

pac healer: cc, interupting and uhm healing? always wanted but is a few good ones around atm

aug healer: celerity healing rebuffing, same as pac healer, is a few good ones around atm

savage, zerk: damage keke, a few good but always seems to be whats missing

rm, sm: damage aswell ;p

warrior: bodyguard, looking after casters and seers blahblah

bd ofc for interupts! but ofc only meeeee

theres obviously other stuff classes offer ect but thats bassically it and whats wanted in group, if you play support and play it badly expect to be told about it, putting it nicely :p so the safe bet is to roll a sava/zerk

basic setup atm: (varys a lot due to whats avalible)

shaman
aug healer
pac healer
pac healer / bg warrior
sava/zerk
sava/zerk
sava/zerk/rm/sm
bd

it can be very different but you get the picture and ofc im bias but every group needs a brite !

ive probabaly missed out somthing major cos ive got a mad hangover but yeye feel free to throw stones at me

brad

Fledgling Freddie
I suggest you either make a healer or shammy.

Shammy rly has to be aug speced to get grps due to purple end buff.

Savages tbh imo are the least played chars in mid so if you want to be unique pick one of those.

Thanes i wouldn' go there, abit frustrating in rvr i heard.

Warriors well unless your ml10 all TOA'ed up and decent RR you wont getinto decent groups, just random ones or you can solo.

Bezerkers well there is alrdy to many out there.

skalds ermmmmmmmmm eh i don't know what to say, the grass always looks grenner on the other side.

If your gonna play a caster i would go for either a dark sm or dark rm, FORGET warlock and valks well ive never played one so i dunno.

bonedancer well only brite around now that i seee so you could make one of them.

Hunter/SB well i dunno never played one.

goodluck in what u try anyway :cheers:

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Such harsh comments about thanes, you hurt my feelings.

Jorof

Loyal Freddie
brad said:
Warriors well unless your ml10 all TOA'ed up and decent RR you wont getinto decent groups, just random ones or you can solo.

I am that and i still dont get a group :twak:

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
About savages being a safe bet for rvr groups, I have been trying to rvr a lot this summer on my savage, and it's very rarely I get a group. Now, I'm ml10 warlord, I have a seriously high end template (doing 4th atm, which should become pretty much as good as it gets), and I'm rr5+, but still it's only in extremely rare occasions I find myself getting a random group, let alone a spot in a guildgroup.

It's most likely getting better with det-change, but until then, either savages just don't get groups, or I'm a very unpopular savage.. dunno which it is rly..

It's the same with warrior.. I'm only missing mlxp for ml8 and template is almost as good as on savage, yet still I never get groups. I have vent/TS too, but it doesn't help me.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Nausilus^^ said:
About savages being a safe bet for rvr groups, I have been trying to rvr a lot this summer on my savage, and it's very rarely I get a group. Now, I'm ml10 warlord, I have a seriously high end template (doing 4th atm, which should become pretty much as good as it gets), and I'm rr5+, but still it's only in extremely rare occasions I find myself getting a random group, let alone a spot in a guildgroup.

It's most likely getting better with det-change, but until then, either savages just don't get groups, or I'm a very unpopular savage.. dunno which it is rly..

It's the same with warrior.. I'm only missing mlxp for ml8 and template is almost as good as on savage, yet still I never get groups. I have vent/TS too, but it doesn't help me.

I doubt its due Naus that u don't get groups. Your a fine lad :) I am in a same situation with my chars, have tried to get a group by using alliance channel, but pretty hard to get a spot in random/set groups.. and I have tried with thane/sm/shamy/zerker.

Luckily we do at times rvr as a gg.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Brite said:
get bg

nub

hi btw

Hey im no nub take it back!

fine i didn't want it to come to this but,...... u smell!

And one day i will get BG just missing ml7, then im finished!!!!

But until then more soloing for me, i kinda given up now on random groups just gets me annoyed and fed up being walked over or zerged to death so im gonna take my chances soloing.

/ feeds the monkey of doom.

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Ixoth said:
I doubt its due Naus that u don't get groups. Your a fine lad :) I am in a same situation with my chars, have tried to get a group by using alliance channel, but pretty hard to get a spot in random/set groups.. and I have tried with thane/sm/shamy/zerker.

Luckily we do at times rvr as a gg.

We don't RVR as a GG it's just you and me lol.

When clustre comes i will have to rally the troops and force them to rvr with us.

/ Gets out his whip.

VampiiricMist

Fledgling Freddie
brad said:
Hey im no nub take it back!

fine i didn't want it to come to this but,...... u smell!

And one day i will get BG just missing ml7, then im finished!!!!

But until then more soloing for me, i kinda given up now on random groups just gets me annoyed and fed up being walked over or zerged to death so im gonna take my chances soloing.

/ feeds the monkey of doom.
youre aware that you spelled evita in yer sig wrong right?

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Noooooooooooooo ok let me change it.

Thank you kind person.

Gizor

Fledgling Freddie
blejs said:
Go healer or shammy.

They lack mostly in groups, if u want to lead groups and be able to build stuff easy go pac healer.

You can always do healer,rm/skald + dmg and go out and run as trio.

And if u are good pacci u will also become wanted in many groups.

Lacks good paccis in game, Bad Omen that i am GM for lacking a pacci to build a setgroup. And cant find a good one atm thats avalible :/

That is because none wants to play with n0000bieBlejsiibambambam :D

<3 Blejsi, min elskede svensk jävel xD

Reebs

Loyal Freddie
Gizor said:
That is because none wants to play with n0000bieBlejsiibambambam :D

<3 Blejsi, min elskede svensk jävel xD

Gizor is norway internet pimp. Fashionable tho..

Roll model character, GO WITH STYLE AND GO WITH GLAMOUR!

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Poox said:
Once i've learnt, i'll be good... =)

whee match of the day is on :p
Yep, you definitely seem to have the unbreakable attention span required to be main CC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom