Ideas to Fix pure tank/hybrid problem

X

Xaldrick

Actually, the nerf you're looking for here is a CC nerf, as hybrids *ability to interrupt from distance* was the whole reason they didnt get determination in the first place.

However

When dealing with qc boltrange mezz, insta mezz, insta root, insta disease, qc disease, insta stun - how will you ever be able to interrupt with a silly 1500 range dd ?

IF they nerfed cc (which will of course never happen) by removing insta/bolt range aoe ccs and made them un-quickcastable, the hybrids would be able to do the stuff they pay so many penalties for.

Of course this would be a nerf to casters as they more or less require cc to be effective compared to tanks. This could be sorted by giving them a passive concentration RA (IE gives a small chance to complete cast when something is melee'ing them)

This is dreaming tho with no link to reality o_O

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by Aybabtu
High dmg, i know thats why i did

Pity my arms has never been able to do that.

Unless your refering to a pure Polearmer

Q

quinthar

Originally posted by katzzzz
I have L50 friar (RR6+) and L50 armsman
Both r cool characters, but now i want to play much more with my armsman cos my armsman has much more HP, he could take much more dmg (34% dmg rezists vs 25%) he has more WS, so as pure tank he is doing much more dmg with pole than my friar with staff.
My friar could heal (cought, cought :) ), do little rezz, he has base buffs (thats cool, if u dont have 2 buffbots), own buffs, end regen (thats realy uber), and rezzist, wich roxx against hib caster group and r useless againts mid tank group.

And now whats much more important and made many hibrids useless in RvR, its RAs.
My armsman could get IP+Purge at 3L1 (thats 71750 rps), my friar could get IP+Purge at 4L3 (thats 286k rps), thats difference 214'250 !!!!!! When friar get IP+Purge, my armsman has same RAs+deter 4. Other RAs r almost same.

erm your going to be very very dissappointed in your armsman!

Pole is fine till you find hibs with stacked pbt, then you'll never hit them, then you being a dmg do'er doesnt actually do much

the to round it off you get stunned, nuke nuke (maybe one one if yer lucky) then dead, if you have purge up you can purge then go smack some pbt shield about a bit, then after a chanter has debuffed you & nuked you, you then pop IP and the pattern repeats.

Imho stick with yer friar, you take with you some nice resists a bit of healing (if you specd that way, not that you can do it much) youre a second resser and you hit like a freight train.

If you go with your arms you'll just be dissappointed when the caster groups have got det nerfed.

P

Pin

Originally posted by quinthar
erm your going to be very very dissappointed in your armsman!

Pole is fine till you find hibs with stacked pbt, then you'll never hit them, then you being a dmg do'er doesnt actually do much

never heard of /assist ? You never need to hit BT, and you'll never meet a stacked BT anyway.

the to round it off you get stunned, nuke nuke (maybe one one if yer lucky) then dead,

never heard of Determination? the stun will last less than 2seconds on any Armsman over RR2L2.

if you have purge up you can purge then go smack some pbt shield about a bit, then after a chanter has debuffed you & nuked you, you then pop IP and the pattern repeats.

Tried having a Cleric in your group? or again try assisting.

Imho stick with yer friar, you take with you some nice resists a bit of healing (if you specd that way, not that you can do it much) youre a second resser and you hit like a freight train.

Friar resists are generally useless. Friar healing is a joke. a Friar would be _at best_ the 3rd rezzer in a group. And a Friar doesn't hit anything like a Merc/Arms, especially as he's CCd for half the fight due to lacking Determination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom