Ideas to Fix pure tank/hybrid problem

K

Kallio

Idea to Fix pure tank/hybrid problem

Determination:

Pure tanks will have det, costing, 1/2/3 and reducing like before, the change is that IV and V have been removed.

Hybrids get Det, but it has only 10% effect to mezz/stun and root.

it woudl cost the normal, 1/3/6

Purge timer would be dropped to 15minutes on tanks.

Well, i got a thought of something like this

just that it wont happen

O

old.anubis

no det for hybrids
was clearly stated by mythic like 1 zillion times

P

Pin

Det should be nerfed.

Det shouldn't be given to hybrids.

And if Det were to be given to hybrids it certainly should NOT be at increased cost. It's stupid for hybrids to pay more for RAs in the first place. We have more things to buy anyway with needing both tank and caster RAs to improve the char to the same degree as non-hybrids.

C

Carlos Bananos

no det for anyone imo

remove immunity timers aswell like teh old days ;D

P

Pin

Originally posted by Carlos Bananos
no det for anyone imo

and then for balance, make Sorc's 1875 range AE mezz an insta :D

Z

zoia

Hybrid should be the ones getting cheap IP imo. :p
We have less hit points to heal, so not worth as much to us as tanks anyway.

Would be nice if hybrids were given something unique as well.
Or perhaps we could have something like aug str/con and dex/quick.
Pay what we pay now for any aug stat, but gain like 2 points each level in both strength and con or both dex and quick. :)
That way aug str/con 3 would give us 6 in both stats but also give us access to RAs requiring aug str 3 or con 3.

Or just let all RAs cost the same for everyone. :p

E

etcetra

Pin for president! Atleast some kinda mythic-employee..
Lets make a petition? Yus please! ;x

K

knoll

DET on a Thane well i dont think many grp's would take a thane over a warrior even if thane had DET.

why Thane got lower HP then rouges less Dex less shield skill less WS then warrior so the benefit would be hmm ok let me get back to u after i figured it out.

S

schinkaar

nerfing DET whould implicitly be nerfing savages, thats totally uncalled for and very unfair.

K

knoll

yes thats a very intelligent answer nerfing DET would hurt all DET classes.

but hey nerf savages.

oh forgott nerf allready inc and yes i think the nerf is needed end of story.

S

saltymcpepper

remove det and put purge on a 15 min timer imo.
this also helps nerf df for me :>

T

tildson

Make Determination have a max level of 3

Change it's cost to 1, 3, 6 for Tanks and 3, 6, 10 for hybrids or similiar.

I have Det5, i remember back in retail when my Pally stood mezzed for 1:1min >< now its just silly.

E

etcetra

Originally posted by tildson
Make Determination have a max level of 3

Change it's cost to 1, 3, 6 for Tanks and 3, 6, 10 for hybrids or similiar.

I have Det5, i remember back in retail when my Pally stood mezzed for 1:1min >< now its just silly.

Aye, the hybrids that needs more RA's and allready have expensive RA's, GIVE THEM EXPENSIVE RA'S YEAH!
The Thane need to be like rr9 to get det3, IP and Purge.. and that is just silly.

S

Stormm

no aoe anything should be insta .. if u want aoe then you should have to work for it and cast the bastid

B

behatch

Originally posted by Stormm
no aoe anything should be insta .. if u want aoe then you should have to work for it and cast the bastid

stfu overpowered mincer

S

Stormm

Originally posted by behatch
stfu overpowered mincer

aye i must be overpowered .. as u need 4 to take me out even in HW. so sad gimp :D

'ev-ad' ... the 'ad' about sums up meeting u anywhere :D

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by Carlos Bananos
no det for anyone imo

remove mid and alb end regen!! ;)

Z

Zoldot

Originally posted by knoll
DET on a Thane well i dont think many grp's would take a thane over a warrior even if thane had DET.

why Thane got lower HP then rouges less Dex less shield skill less WS then warrior so the benefit would be hmm ok let me get back to u after i figured it out.

Ur probably right they wouldnt take a thane over a warrior but I dont think they take a warrior over a thane either then.
Thane really has lower hp then SB's? I thought it was pretty equal :p I got 2k+ hp on my thane (buffed dwarf) and then I got aug con 1 and toughness 1.
Yes they get less WS then a warrior etc, But they get stronger instas and stronger dd's then rouge and warrior :D

A

Aybabtu

Originally posted by etcetra
Aye, the hybrids that needs more RA's and allready have expensive RA's, GIVE THEM EXPENSIVE RA'S YEAH!
The Thane need to be like rr9 to get det3, IP and Purge.. and that is just silly.

Im sorry but why would someone roll a pure tank if he can get same cheap RA's on a Hybrid which already has more unique abilities than him.....

Damage isn't everything in this game so if you can get a char jut as effective as a pure melee tank + some fancy class ability then why chose pure tank?

P

Pin

Originally posted by Aybabtu
Im sorry but why would someone roll a pure tank if he can get same cheap RA's on a Hybrid which already has more unique abilities than him.....

Damage isn't everything in this game so if you can get a char jut as effective as a pure melee tank + some fancy class ability then why chose pure tank?

higher weaponskill, higher hp, more spec points in melee skills, etc, etc.

Z

Zoldot

Why did ppl choose pure tank when there wasn't any RA's you think?

L

LordjOX

Re: Idea to Fix pure tank/hybrid problem

Originally posted by Kallio
Determination:

Pure tanks will have det, costing, 1/2/3 and reducing like before, the change is that IV and V have been removed.

Hybrids get Det, but it has only 10% effect to mezz/stun and root.

it woudl cost the normal, 1/3/6

Purge timer would be dropped to 15minutes on tanks.

Well, i got a thought of something like this

just that it wont happen

nope, won't happen
but is on my wish-list for my VW xD

A

Aybabtu

Originally posted by Zoldot

High dmg, i know thats why i did

A

Aybabtu

Originally posted by Pin
higher weaponskill, higher hp, more spec points in melee skills, etc, etc.

Yes ofc, but that is more or less bonuses for the tank rather than the group, don't get me wrong here.

Z

Zoldot

Originally posted by Zoldot

High dmg, i know thats why i did

Kind of answered your'e own question didn't you?

K

katzzzz

I have L50 friar (RR6+) and L50 armsman
Both r cool characters, but now i want to play much more with my armsman cos my armsman has much more HP, he could take much more dmg (34% dmg rezists vs 25%) he has more WS, so as pure tank he is doing much more dmg with pole than my friar with staff.
My friar could heal (cought, cought :) ), do little rezz, he has base buffs (thats cool, if u dont have 2 buffbots), own buffs, end regen (thats realy uber), and rezzist, wich roxx against hib caster group and r useless againts mid tank group.

And now whats much more important and made many hibrids useless in RvR, its RAs.
My armsman could get IP+Purge at 3L1 (thats 71750 rps), my friar could get IP+Purge at 4L3 (thats 286k rps), thats difference 214'250 !!!!!! When friar get IP+Purge, my armsman has same RAs+deter 4. Other RAs r almost same.

S

Silenzio

any sort ov mez should not last for over than 9 sec...
then an immunity timer for 1 min...

remove all ra...

id say... remove SC TOO

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom