Idea to lower effect of Pets in RvR

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
It mostly hinders newbies who want to spec like you and still have respectable parry. While I do see your point the spec is inferiour for almost all aspects of the game and how it is played on Ywain.

For a 'newbie' a RR3-spec of 50 2H/Pole, 42 Shield, 37 1H-Weapon and 13 Parry will do fine, because Slam is worth having, especially if you are going to be grouping, zerg-surfing etc etc.

I understand that for your way of speccing it cuts out on Parry-points by a considerable margin, but that's not the norm for most players. Even so, you hit the parry-cap (50%) with your RR while having Snapshot, so for your case it don't matter much either.

In the end I do think it should be removed simply for the sake of Paladins and Arms in no way being overpowered in the game currently.

And if you think about it, it's just one of those things which shows how imbalanced Midgard is. Adding all distinct advantages Midgard has in aspects all over the game makes you wonder sometimes ;)

Going purely from memory I'm currently 50 pole, 29 thrust, 44 parry, 25 crossbow and about 8 in shield which still gives me engage and numb for what its worth.
Of cause I have maximum item and rr bonuses to +all melee and parry. I simply choose to keep maximum dps and high protection from parry rather then choose to switch defensive for shield.
I fully accept this is much much more difficult to get away with at low RR, I managed it at a much more different era of the game when alot of players still learning and Polearm was a much stronger spec line (pre damage and style nerfs).

Theres always going to be times or siturations, even at my RR where the spec is not ideal but it suits me fine and and plenty of siturations where it really comes into it's own.

My only bugbear is the strange situration of parry only being 50% cap when shield is 60%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom