Idea for Grapple

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
Gapple would probable work better if it:

Range twice that of melee range

Once used both user and target are force to a range of 1 and rooted on the spot.

The target is rooted for as long as the user +1 sec

The User is rooted for as long as the targe.

The user can disengage the grapple at any time (repressing the grapple button).

Both User and Target can only target eachother or themselfs.

Target may make attacks on the User but at with non styled, 50% reduced damage with 100% fumble change.

While grappled all attacks make against either User or Target will effect both at 50% effect.

Vanilla

Fledgling Freddie
Balbor said:
Gapple would probable work better if it:

The target is rooted for as long as the user +1 sec

The User is rooted for as long as the targe..

Dont these statements conflict?

Balbor said:
Target may make attacks on the User but at with non styled, 50% reduced damage with 100% fumble change.

Sorry, thats doesnt make any sence to me :eek7:

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Balbor said:
While grappled all attacks make against either User or Target will effect both at 50% effect.
For some reason I like the idea of some grapple-spamming monkey warden getting pwned by the PBAE of the chanter he's bodyguarding...

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
Alithiel said:
For some reason I like the idea of some grapple-spamming monkey warden getting pwned by the PBAE of the chanter he's bodyguarding...
got another suggestion. remove it from game.

Chilly

Balls of steel
grapple wouldnt be so bad if it was an unpurgable negative effect which gave immunity to the target but not the grappler and grapple itself was on a 5min timer or so. Basicly, 1 grapple per fight, this way the grappler has to actually think instead of mindlessly grapping anything that moves.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Surely a recast timer, would be a good stgart - youll have to forgive my knowledge on grapple, I just havent been out in the frontier for a while.

Forcful Zepher cant be purged, but has a recast timer.

Anyone want to sum up the grapple issues in one or two sentances ? From what ive heard its just that people keep spamming it which is the problem ?

remi

Fledgling Freddie
30min recast, problem solved.

or even better, remove the spell.

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
cougar said:
got another suggestion. remove it from game.
That would work, too...

But so would putting it on a long recast timer, somewhere in the region of 15-30 minutes... and then at least we'd still be able to whine about it every now and then! ;)

Garnet

Fledgling Freddie
Remove from game or increase its reuse timer to 1 minute.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Lumikki said:
What does Grapple exactly do?

I asked this also - seams no one knows, they just want a good whine.

According to VoS its a battlemaster ML4 ability that gives approx 10 second snare (root) to the caster and the target during this time you can not attack and your target cannot attack

Grapple has a 100 range (so really short)
Grapple costs 50% end to use

No recast timer and cant be purged.

So whats the problem, if the person grappling you is also stunned, and it cant be spammed if it costs 50% endurance

raid

Can't get enough of FH
Tears said:
So whats the problem, if the person grappling you is also stunned, and it cant be spammed if it costs 50% endurance

Thats correct since patch 1.69. Earlier it was bugged, determination affected the stun duration - det5 tanks could grapple and move on right away while the target always got full duration effect. If the grappler has stun immunity, he wont get stunned at all (seems to still work like that). With endregen spamming it seems to be possible too (every 10ish seconds).

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
NeonBlue said:
person isnt stunned...just cant attack
yes it can be spammed....hence the whines

Ok so the person grappling you cant attack.... and you cant move, not much of a problem there is there ?

And how can it be spammed at a cost of 50% endurance, I would hardly call clicking a button twice as spamming. no end regen will recover that fast.

Sorry, All i see is people moaning ab out "ohh grapple is crap" and "remove grapple" but no one seams to say why ? just confused here.

But such an ability with no recast timer is silly regardless of what it can do.

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
Ok so the person grappling you cant attack.... and you cant move, not much of a problem there is there ?

not really...if ur a tank u can still do things like block & parry etc

Tears said:
And how can it be spammed at a cost of 50% endurance, I would hardly call clicking a button twice as spamming. no end regen will recover that fast.

if ur in a FG with endregen...its quite easy to spam it.

Tears said:
Sorry, All i see is people moaning ab out "ohh grapple is crap" and "remove grapple" but no one seams to say why ? just confused here.

Plus add the 28buff bug...where ppl are buffing themselves to the hilt so they have 28 buffs (inc artis procs) then u become grapple immune basically
so u have ppl like Mael giving their tanks/savages silly buffs like acuity power regen etc so they cant be grappled, in other words bug exploiting but thats nothing new for them :D

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
So.................... what is the problem ?

From what I can make out, there is an ability that can be used only within melee range (100u) that causes the caster and victim to effectivly not attack - this aiblity can be used twice with no end regen, and with end regen once every 10 seconds on average

This really doesnt seem overpowered at all, either with a group or solo encounters.

what am i missing !! ??

P.S. : I agree even with the above it should be subject to a recast timer, Phase shift on the Sojo line is 50% end and has a recast timer... so does FZ

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
what am i missing !! ??

that will be answered once uve been out and been grappled "X" amount of times within a fight...and u cant do jack or when u find enemies that cant be grappled coz they are immune (which shouldnt happen!)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
NeonBlue said:
that will be answered once uve been out and been grappled "X" amount of times within a fight...and u cant do jack or when u find enemies that cant be grappled coz they are immune (which shouldnt happen!)

Just think its pretty funny that everyone moans - but cant describe to others why, guess ill find out when i get more active in RvR.

NeonBlue

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
Just think its pretty funny that everyone moans - but cant describe to others why, guess ill find out when i get more active in RvR.

tried explaining...but u wont fully understand...until u experience it

raid

Can't get enough of FH
Tears said:
This really doesnt seem overpowered at all, either with a group or solo encounters.

what am i missing !! ??

I can guarantee you wouldnt post anything like that if you had played a tank class actively in rvr post-toa ;)

faldarric

Fledgling Freddie
Last time i was grappled the person who grappled me did it and then ran on and grappled someone else. the whole group i was with ended up being grappled and a chanter came in and pbaoe us all. and there was jack we could do about it. kind of takes the fun out of rvr when the whole group has the grapple spam and okay we died which happens anyway but to die because we were grappled seems overpowered.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
faldarric said:
Last time i was grappled the person who grappled me did it and then ran on and grappled someone else. the whole group i was with ended up being grappled and a chanter came in and pbaoe us all. and there was jack we could do about it. kind of takes the fun out of rvr when the whole group has the grapple spam and okay we died which happens anyway but to die because we were grappled seems overpowered.

At last an example :) Thanks Faldarric, can see from this how it would be a pain in the back side, but doesnt the grapple effect only last about 10 seconds, still a recast timer would definetly sort this out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom