Iain/Magnus/GOA You have not fixed the email problem

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Reading the latest news article on the site GOA seem to think they have fixed all the present issues, yet still hardly any of us have recieved any emails after entering our codes yesterday.

Why is this not being addressed at all? how long is an acceptable wait? 24hrs almost here!!!

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
Reading the latest news article on the site GOA seem to think they have fixed all the present issues, yet still hardly any of us have recieved any emails after entering our codes yesterday.

Why is this not being addressed at all? how long is an acceptable wait? 24hrs almost here!!!

you say hardly any, they say 80.000 people with 10.000 remaining.

pinkey

Fledgling Freddie
The way i read it they think its solved

The last remaining 10,000 players who were waiting for access can now join the action on the servers.

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Nope.................... there's no way the many people are in. I've been in on a mates account and all the server populations are low... even at peak times and you only encounter a few people when wandering around.

They seem to think it's all ok and have not at all mentioned on people who have yet to recieve emails and still cant login to the patcher.

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved

The last remaining 10,000 players who were waiting for access can now join the action on the servers.

if thats the case then its more like 9.999 who can join and 1 waiting for his validation email

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
Nope.................... there's no way the many people are in. I've been in on a mates account and all the server populations are low... even at peak times and you only encounter a few people when wandering around.

They seem to think it's all ok and have not at all mentioned on people who have yet to recieve emails and still cant login to the patcher.

they might have validated people who are still at work or not able to play right now

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

That's bullshit from someone who can't even put a date and time in the news he is writing. The account creation is down and I have to assume it is a prerequisite for entering beta keys.

"Naturally, we will give you an update about the situation tomorrow morning." - the morning is over by now, still no news on when it will be opened again.

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
80k players?

rofl thats the biggest crap ever.

anyway the mail isn't fixed as u say, and also the delay betweeen getting ur cofirm-email and being able to log on has very much not been deleted.

Ive been "delayed", as u call it, for 4 hours.

Sorry people but once u get your damn confirmation email u have to wait again :< before auth servers recognizes you.
At least thats whats happening to me :twak:

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
No way there are 80k playing, hardly anyone on the servers atm =[

Marrok

Loyal Freddie
Might be because people are _at work_ ?

Still, i have not yet received my confirmation email about key being ok.

:(

Beefeater1980

Fledgling Freddie
No sign of a confirmation email here. About 20 hours have elapsed, or about 5 minutes once deductions are made for work, meeting friends, quality time with my family, sleeping, Spore and Dominions 3.

Bleh. It'll work out eventually.

MrNadger

Fledgling Freddie
I've asked the two dozen or so people I know IRL who got their validations through yesterday and not one of them have received an email to say their key's been processed.

If 80,000 people are playing, have all the pop caps been removed?

DrClink

Fledgling Freddie
Disgusted

This is just the poorest show I have ever seen regards customer service.

Firstly they communicate bad info that people need to make new accounts, then they dont send emails and on and on it goes one error after another....

I have been trying to get onto a beta server since 3:30 pm english time sunday.As it is at the moment until now...and i dont mean occasionaly popping along to check it, yes ive been doing other things but pretty much since release ive spent a good 16 hours per day at my pc.

yesterday i like so many others now started the process of joining the US open beta , and that is now in place for me to try when the servers there open again in approx 15 more minutes after maintenance.

My primary concern now is with the disasterous sign up process and the fact I have one email address and never had a reply to it yet , that come the 15th when my early access is due to start, I wont be able to make an account let alone start playing.

I wish that someone from mythic was able to read these forums and see how disgusting the lack of communication has been, and again today GOA's representatives are showing an extreme lack of compassion or understanding by leaving its customers in the dark and posting crap upon there official portal.

Yes they have worked and solved the problems for some people, this is good but dont forget the remaining people who through no fault of there own can not try what should be a momumental mmorpg.

I for one would like to know what plans are in place for us to make accounts for the early access, and will there databases be wiped prior to this to allow us to use our regular login names and emails ? will there be a solution to us customers who as yet have never received an email be it from accoutn set up right through to key validation ? and how long in real time not GOA time will this take ?

one pretty pissed of punta....

:flame:drclink:twak:GOA

lets have some communication please !

Joxer

Fledgling Freddie
Well, I do have the preorder box so there'll at least be another "trial" so to speak. If the servers or the client or the patching or whatever doesn't work as smooth as it should come releaseday then the actual game stays in its packaging and goes straight back to the store in exchange for the US Version.

Ahlgard

Loyal Freddie
This is getting pretty funny. After this total failure GOA have started living in a fantasy world where they think everyone can play and their servers are populated. This is hillarous :p

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
DrClink said:
Firstly they communicate bad info that people need to make new accounts, then they dont send emails and on and on it goes one error after another....

they apologized for the misguidance on making new emails, be a man and accept that apology :p

DrClink said:
I have been trying to get onto a beta server since 3:30 pm english time sunday.As it is at the moment until now...and i dont mean occasionaly popping along to check it, yes ive been doing other things but pretty much since release ive spent a good 16 hours per day at my pc.
what you should do is, stress out abit and exclude everything that has to do with WAR for breaks upto 30 mins at a time, hear some music, go shop, make some tea, etc =)

yesterday i like so many others now started the process of joining the US open beta , and that is now in place for me to try when the servers there open again in approx 15 more minutes after maintenance.

DrClink said:
My primary concern now is with the disasterous sign up process and the fact I have one email address and never had a reply to it yet , that come the 15th when my early access is due to start, I wont be able to make an account let alone start playing.
dont worry about that now, seems like your worrying about too much already, just wait and see, hopefully, they will learn from there mistakes, afterall, they are only human.

DrClink said:
I wish that someone from mythic was able to read these forums and see how disgusting the lack of communication has been, and again today GOA's representatives are showing an extreme lack of compassion or understanding by leaving its customers in the dark and posting crap upon there official portal.
i honestly dont think they need to look at these boards to know whats the status is at GOA, im pretty sure they know that already.

DrClink said:
Yes they have worked and solved the problems for some people, this is good but dont forget the remaining people who through no fault of there own can not try what should be a momumental mmorpg.
they havent forgotten anyone (hopefully not anyone hehe), they are probably working overshifts to slove the problems they might have.

DrClink said:
I for one would like to know what plans are in place for us to make accounts for the early access
you shouldnt make more accounts, you have one account where you enter your keys :p

DrClink said:
and will there databases be wiped prior to this to allow us to use our regular login names and emails ?
huh ? if it wasnt your main account you activated your Open Beta key on they you will probably be able to either move your Open Beta key (which wouldnt really make sense since by the time you can edit in it we are past Open Beta) through Support or just activate your Collectors key / Pre Order Head Start key on your other account.

DrClink said:
will there be a solution to us customers who as yet have never received an email be it from accoutn set up right through to key validation ?
if you havent recieved your Open Beta Key Validation email then welcome to the club, we can only play the waiting game =]

phew that was some post...

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
80k + 10k = 90k

i'd imagine theres alot more better keys than that....

55k CE , probably more than that of SE and how many free keys 50k?

Vermilliononi

Fledgling Freddie
oK im not waiting for emails, i dint get the CE, it was close but glad i didnt now... im an EX DAOC player but i was willing to give GOA a second chance. Even up to a day before OB, 'maybe when the day comes they will be organised, ppl will enter the codesand pop they are in teh game'.. but no..

Dont know population sizes but the only issue i can see for europe is languages and that should have been solved a few years ago. so with a short beta time, short HS time, will the release be delayed? will the beta get cut short(if so what was the point?) will there still be a HS?, and will you blame mythic for employing GOA a second time?

for those that got in and it all working grats

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
I got my emial overnight, after a 16 hour wait. My brother registered his key this morning and still hasn't receieved an e-mail.

I really don't understand them releasing a press statement that everything is sorted, it clearly isn't.

It's not that big of a deal (for me anyways), because it's beta, but if this happens in release i won't be happy. If they then went on to provide poor patches and unstable servers i'll prolly move over to the US version of the game, if theres an unoffical EU server over there or something.

Urrunoa

Fledgling Freddie
We registered the beta keys yesterday at 16:00 hours and neither my partner nor myself received a confirmation email yet. So to state that all is alright is misleading, as are others still waiting on warhammeralliance there is a post with 1000s in still waiting, or at least earlier.

When will those customers who are still left behind be paid attention to, please at least let us know what is going on!?

I find it very frustrating to have this lack of communications.

Cordain

Fledgling Freddie
Normal GOA behavior. When things go bad blame the players and try to spin some fantasy crap about how things are going smoothly.

Several guilds that i know, who made it in already, are relocating in the game since some of the servers are empty. Considering how low the player cap is per server that means that most are still waiting their goddam email.

Screw this anyway, downloading US beta atm.

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
two irl friends still waiting for their key confirmation email since yesterday evening

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
While it's clear there are still many many people who have not been able to get their acounts validated the servers are definitely getting busier. Started a new character today and the DE area is pretty busy, all the PQs being done successfully etc (although pathing and ghosts of dead mobs is also getting worse as a result....)

koobi

Fledgling Freddie
Same here validate my key yesterday @ 19 and still havent got any mail.
my friend got one but when he was following the link in the email to once again valdiate the email bla bla he got this message

"Please check your internet connection and try again in a few minutes. (code 303)"

have been so since yesterday .

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
registration/brand new account validation is down still.

It's just key validation you can do at the moment (which requires an existing war-europe account)

Marrok

Loyal Freddie
I have been patient but frankly, this is not right. Been waiting 25h for a confirmation but im not getting anything. Not even a mail saying if i entered something wrong.

Downloading the US beta now but the torrent is very slow ;|
Might still get in before i recieve anything the mail from GOA though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom