I will never again complain about a GOA patch day

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin said:
They had an open test server once...

People logged on, ported to emain and dueled.
And have you seen the number of blatantly obvious bugs that would be found from that sort of testing that have made it to the live servers? Plenty. The novelty of cross-realm duels wouldnt last long if that sort of test server was available on a regular basis. But its was there for what: 2 days or so for each of 2 (ancient) patch versions?

Oh, and if I remember rightly (it was 18months or so ago) wasnt that the AF bug that GOA denied the existance of for a few weeks? Im sure the reports of it would have had no effect at all :p

Not everyone went Emain on that test server: I remember it well. Plenty of folks running around Tepoks (which finally had drops), Lyonesse (Pygmy Bombadiers :p), and various other places where 'new' stuff was to be found in Alb. Actually testing it. Nowdays even the most obvious bugs slip through GOAs testing everytime.

God knows how well the translations are tested, but from what we see on the English servers I can only assume there will be countless bugs in those too.

What harm does a open test server with /charcopy available do? Clearly none at all - else Mythic wouldnt be doing it. Mythic's testing has problems due to lack of willing testers: GOAs testing has problems due to what looks like having NO testers.

Afuldan

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm...While being american and all, I think it's kinda rude of them to drop it during euro primetime all the time... at the same time it's pretty funny, because you know they're only doing it to protect their email from mass flame-spamming :p.

That and america is still their largest investment, so if you want them to drop the bomb on us more often, go tell your friends to buy DAoC :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom