I will never again complain about a GOA patch day

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
So far the US schedule since patch day (last monday) has been:

Monday:
Servers down 10 am EDT (2 pm uk time) and up at 6 pm EDT (11pm uk time)

- so far so good , long downtime on patch day ofc to be expected

Tuesday:
Servers down at 10 am (2pm) - back up at 2pm (7pm) to fix 'major bugs' such as skald speed not dropping in combat...(again)

Wednesday:
Servers down at 10 am (2pm) - back up at 1pm (6pm) to fix more 'major bugs' that somehow got in to the live release...

Thursday:
Servers down at 10 am (2pm) back up at 2pm (7pm) to fix more bugs and optimize lag that some are experiancing on high pop servers

Friday (today):
Servers down again at 9:45 am (1:45pm) and ETA back up at 1pm (6pm) to further optimize code and fix another load of bugs

Now correct me if im wrong but as much as we complain about goa patch days i dont think they've ever gone past the 2 day mark for downtimes (sure a few crashes in the week, but thats like 10-15 mins downtime max.

Wheras mythic have just had a total of approx 23 hours downtime in the last week, servers have gone down EVERY day in the 'euro primetime' to fix bugs that should have been found in testing...

So yeah until goa start taking the servers down every day after patch day to fix stuff for 5 days - i dont think we can complain :)

+ if they did do it we'd probably get a free day, wheras theres no chance of that @ mythic.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Mythic/GoA Patch notes suck compared to EverQuest ones :p They had some good ones such as ''Fixed a bug that stopped people from entering combat mode'' ''Fixed a bug that moved people back to bind point when zoning'' Bearing in mind that everquest zones were a heck of a lot smaller than daoc zones. This wasnt beta or anything either this was like 3-3.5years after release :eek:

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
yeah im not complaining about the fixes as such

but more the fact that the servers have been down in my primetime every day this week...

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
the reason we don't get that is because we get the initial patch and all the hotfixes as one, spares us some trouble

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
yankees beta test NF for us again just as they did for TOA :clap:

Draylor

Part of the furniture
So far the NF launch is the US looks every bit as bad as their TOA launch was.

Seems Mythic learned nothing from TOA ...

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
well to be fair they did actually try and test this unlike tozzzz

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
lol
american servers go down again for another 2 hours on friday

thats 24 hours of downtime in 1 week kiddies !

Corell

Fledgling Freddie
Moo said:
lol
american servers go down again for another 2 hours on friday

thats 24 hours of downtime in 1 week kiddies !

omfg how willl you live!!!! please keep us posted

Cyfr

Banned
It's not THAT bad, ok it's very annoying, but not everything can be seen using pend. The majority of things work well.
The only reason goa's downtime is so good is because they are a few patchs behind and get to wait for all the fixes then bang them all on together :p
Hell, goa even managed to bugger things up in the code even when it was hand fed to them, like /level :D

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Cyfr said:
... but not everything can be seen using pend...

not everything can be seen on Gorre....

Cyfr said:
... Hell, goa even managed to bugger things up in the code even when it was hand fed to them, like /level :D

nope it's bugs that arise because the US and EU versions of daoc are different. Feel free to think I'm wrong, I know I'm right :) We don't touch the code - we wouldn't know what to do with it anyway, we're not developers ;).

P.S. Yes I'm feeling aggressive tonight and yes it's because france lost :rolleyes:

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:
nope it's bugs that arise because the US and EU versions of daoc are different. Feel free to think I'm wrong, I know I'm right :) We don't touch the code - we wouldn't know what to do with it anyway, we're not developers ;).

Just curious how the versions can be different if you dont touch the code ;) Sounds like a contradiction in my mind.

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
Just curious how the versions can be different if you dont touch the code ;) Sounds like a contradiction in my mind.

Mythic handles an "american version" and an "international" version (Japan, Korean, French, Euro English, German, Italian) . I read that a long time ago on the hearld.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I'm going to bump this post when everyone starts whining on GOA patch days :D

Cyfr

Banned
Erivoss I don't play euro daoc now, but how long is it since you had a test server up? (Public one)

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Cyfr said:
Erivoss I don't play euro daoc now, but how long is it since you had a test server up? (Public one)

3-4 months ago when the regular servers were down, it was fun tho cause there was /level 30 and everyone went massive to the battlegrounds..it was like 80 albs against 80 mids versus 80 hibs :p

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
Plenty more than the code can cause bugs. You'd be surprised just how weird some bugs in games can be. :p

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Well you can tell NF is a bit of a disaster when Mythic seem to be considering patching at the weekend: even with TOA they didnt have to do that ;)

[GOA]Erivoss said:
not everything can be seen on Gorre....
More like nothing can be seen on Gorre: since you continue using a set of 10 or so testers who have proven themselves pretty much useless at finding the obvious bugs with each and every patch.

Mythic's testing might be bad: but GOAs is far worse ;)

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
goa may not have a test server for public, and yes it is anoying - hope they do public tests for NF when it comes

however - goa has never had the servers crashing 3-4 times a night, and going down for patching once or twice a day at 3-4 hours a pop EVERY DAY since monday (even today, on saturday).

poisono

Fledgling Freddie
"Tuesday:
Servers down at 10 am (2pm) - back up at 2pm (7pm) to fix 'major bugs' such as skald speed not dropping in combat...(again)"

That bug I would love to have constantly ;)

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
Moo said:
goa may not have a test server for public, and yes it is anoying - hope they do public tests for NF when it comes

however - goa has never had the servers crashing 3-4 times a night, and going down for patching once or twice a day at 3-4 hours a pop EVERY DAY since monday (even today, on saturday).

Didnt excal crash over a weekend and remain down till start of business monday morning :)

IMO the USA do most of the testing, its the same game... and sme/similar hardware i guess - so not much to test here apart from the translation ?

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
You got to love GoA though:

The launch of Dark Age of Camelot : New Frontiers
As you may already have seen, we timed the release of our official New Frontiers site with the release of New Frontiers on the US servers. The launch in the US has been a great success, so much that some players were unable to play on the same evening. We have been carefully watching the progress of the release in order to try and make the European release as trouble-free as possible. Between now and then we will also be releasing a new trailer to show you a bit more about the different aspects of New Frontiers.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Daedalus said:
You got to love GoA though:

The launch of Dark Age of Camelot : New Frontiers
As you may already have seen, we timed the release of our official New Frontiers site with the release of New Frontiers on the US servers. The launch in the US has been a great success, so much that some players were unable to play on the same evening. We have been carefully watching the progress of the release in order to try and make the European release as trouble-free as possible. Between now and then we will also be releasing a new trailer to show you a bit more about the different aspects of New Frontiers.

think they're pointing out the number of people wanting to play it ;) and the amount of resubscribers etc....

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Draylor said:
More like nothing can be seen on Gorre: since you continue using a set of 10 or so testers who have proven themselves pretty much useless at finding the obvious bugs with each and every patch.

They had an open test server once...

People logged on, ported to emain and dueled.

Guess how many bugs got logged?

Even despite all the dueling noone noticed the AF bug in that patch...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom