I miss...

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
I miss the "Lurikeen Invasion" event on some German server where we took DC with 180 instant level 20

ah the memories

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I miss the "Lurikeen Invasion" event on some German server where we took DC with 180 instant level 20

ah the memories

I miss the deep sensation in the back of my throat every time we saw one another.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
check my server selection thread on your forum mr n00b

Ribbit

Fledgling Freddie
Was on Excal before I upped sticks to Mythics servers (Nerys WychHazel the Druid I was on Excal). I was a bit ill at the time and GOA was making me a lot sicker.

Origins CAN be made to work, IF Mythic get it right (big ruddy IF isn't it?).

There was something that really shocked me about the launch of the Classic servers. For the first few months, it was even BETTER than the original release of the game!

Heck a group of low 30's 'old hands' in rubbish gear were able to hand well kitted out '1337 dewd' GG 50's their arse time and time again (were some really good players in ICE and other Guilds like Athenaswrath at the time).

People were flooding in, the server pops were steadily expanding, then BAM! Goodnight Irene. :(

RA's and timer dumping kicked in.

I played Alb on Gareth (very much the underdog), and Alb had been on the receiving end of relic raid after relic raid, and the defence was outstanding, with even level 5's running supplies out and everyone mucking in. It was getting better and better, people were being killed, and getting rezzed asap, or /releasing and getting back to the fight asap. Fighting well above our weight, in other words (just like early Hib on Excal), and the best blast I ever had playing DAoC (and that's saying a lot).

Then we had a RR against Hib, things going pretty well, and the raid crossed onto nGed East Bridge, and the whole lot got timer dumped. About 200 players died in less than 10 seconds. Most /released, the bg was completely silent, then almost 200 people scrolled up as they logged from the bg, and logged from the game, never to return.

That recipe was repeated all too often over the next months.

For Origins, something has to be done about DAoC's fatal flaws, which are all too obvious to the vast majority of the paying punters. Getting rid of Theurgists (a class I personally always loved killing) and including Valks, 'ain't it'.

So IF Mythic can bite the bullet, and seriously redesign what even MJ admitted needed sorting over 5 years ago now, yes, the game can be better than ever.

If they aren't going to do that, I'd rather say 'Thanks for the Memories', and not waste my time bothering with the game ever again.

And no it's nothing to do with 'dying in an RvR zone' or equivalent newb presumptions or denials of reality. If you can stand by and watch 100's and 100's of people log out never to return day in and day out, without admitting there is a pretty damned massive problem, then sorry, there's something seriously wrong with you.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
I miss the fealing of being "home" in my frontier.
I miss the fealing of fighting for something greater then your realm rank.
I miss watching the paladins duel it out in the SI alb main city - forgot the name :D

Man i really just miss DAoC so much :(

I tryed WoW - never became anything near as good.
I tryed WAR - I liked it at first, but then it stroke me, that it isnt and wont be what DAoC was.

Now im back at square one, playing random games, mixed with CS source.. Its sad really :m00:

Why did we all leave DAoC?

Can anyone really claim they found something better on the other side?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Everything is better than daoc now

Nothing will ever be better than what daoc was

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Why did we all leave DAoC?

Can anyone really claim they found something better on the other side?

I left becuase of NF and no i never found anything better.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Its funny, looking back, i was playing and paying and for a long time and not actully having any fun at all.....seems so stupid now.

But still, good memories off the pre TOA days will stick with me :p

Zrawkor

One of Freddy's beloved
I miss the time when classic zone and SI actually mattered.
I miss.. Mythic spending time on DAoC.

dante_must_die

Loyal Freddie
i miss the dragon senate
i miss the good old fashion duels
i miss the jumping stealthers
i miss the rush of a good 1v1 and the rps :)
and most of all the body pulls with my paladin in AC :p farming exping pling every pull had so much fun... :p

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
I miss sitting on the pad for 5 minutes waiting for the teleporters to come down.

I miss the respect people had for eachother in regards to mob camps, e.g. if I was at the Tanglers with my Cabalist and someone else wanted the spot they'd wait til I'd finished, no matter how long I took.

I miss the community feel, you saw the same few people around all the time and even though you didn't know them personally, you got used to seeing their names.

I miss the large-scale open RvR.

I miss levelling with complete strangers.

I miss going to Emain at level 30 and seeing Teza (fat twoll skald from Nolby Pride) come running over the hill at the level 20-30 alb zerg :) *run awayyyyyyyyyyyy*!!

I miss everything about the game :(

Riquel

Banned
I miss all the friends I made.

I miss Unity of Albion and the togetherness feel of the alliance.

I miss our old guild meetings.

I miss leveling with other players.

I miss DAoC....

BaTDiE

One of Freddy's beloved
I miss the feeling of being part of a comunity.

I miss the feeling of getting insulted for no reason.

I miss running away from full groups of albs trying to kill my troll.

I miss waste hours and hours arming, upgrading and watch my realm's keeps and NPC guards.

We all miss something, I prefer in my case "it" to be just a PC game and consider myself very afortunate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom