I miss...

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
I miss playing the same character for years and years and still having fun with it. compared to todays games where you can grow tired after few days/weeks

I miss the atmosphere DaoC had. both good/bad. Daoc community over Uk servers was small enough for most to know one and other.

:wub:

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I miss....sooo much that this god forsaken game brought to my life, meeting new people from jesus knows where, grouping with random people and becoming freinds, leveling with others who didnt give a shit what level/race/colour/spec was in RL or in game. I miss one person shouting "RR!!!11!!" and 400 people would drop everything like third period french and come running, riding, flying in from wherever they were to kill the enemy.

I miss too much to say about this game, but Daedelus kinda sums up most of it. Sadly there isnt another game that could come close to producing the social skills we had back in the day, and these days everyone seems to be turning into a knowitall about every game, and producing spoilers galore to spoil the other half of what made MMOs special - you never knew what was coming next!

I miss old.freddyshouse and old.barrysworld who gave us our verbal battleground where we crossed keyboards in mortal combat, slapping each other with T'ab Nerf on a daily basis. Each morn brought a new n00b to our grounds who would suffer the sarcasm and general immature whit we all developed.

DAoC took in essence 1/6 of my life, which is a fair chunk, and to be completely honest, I dont regret one minute of it.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
I miss the friends I made.
I miss old Hadrians Wall and the enemies there
I miss killing goblins
I miss relic raids both attacking and defending
I miss Portal keeps and mile gates
I miss my gimped melee scout
I miss my pimped cabalist
I miss the call DING 50!
I miss the friends I made
I miss DAoC

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
I miss the feeling that there were less assholes and idiots on our server than, say, my old WoW server Aszune.

Aszune wasn't that bad... was it? If I can't tell, maybe I was the asshole, then! :kissit:

Oh, I should contribute positively, okay, erm...

I miss when the game had no expansions to complicate things.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I miss one person shouting "RR!!!11!!" and 400 people would drop everything like third period french and come running, riding, flying in from wherever they were to kill the enemy.

Ooooh, I miss those days. Those were great. Espeically when in OF... BANG, ports *10 minute wait* wh00t, in OF! *BANG, link dead* :D

CedrikWayfarer

Fledgling Freddie
I miss a lot about DAoC, no MMO has been the same since. I'm waiting with excitement for Origins.

Dorac

Fledgling Freddie
Too true. No mmo has had the same "magic" since. Will see what Origins brings!

Tartan

Fledgling Freddie
I miss the fantastic DaoC community.

I miss being on the end of a sever thumping from albs in old emain, only for Nolby Pride to come running in to save the day :)

I miss running about endlessly without the help of maps discovering new areas and generally getting lost.

And i miss helping noobs i came across on such adventures, such as saving people from certain death or just giving them old equipment i had no more use for.

And i miss when 2 bolts could kill a red and sometimes a purple con Alb.

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
I miss the fantastic DaoC community.

I miss being on the end of a sever thumping from albs in old emain, only for Nolby Pride to come running in to save the day :)

I miss running about endlessly without the help of maps discovering new areas and generally getting lost.

And i miss helping noobs i came across on such adventures, such as saving people from certain death or just giving them old equipment i had no more use for.

And i miss when 2 bolts could kill a red and sometimes a purple con Alb.

Tartan! YOU i remember. =)

Y

Your Mama

I miss the likes of Thugs keeping this forum alive!

This daoc forum absolutely sux now. Why? Well they keep banning the likes of Thugs that more or less kept the Prydwen bg forum alive for godknows how long. The person that runs this shithouse should step aside and let the fecking thing breath again. When Freddyshouse was created it was novel and new with a reckless abandon shown to all and sundry. Then they started banning every sod under the sun that showed any spirit. The result - a fooking dead as a doornail forum.

Whoever runs Freddys should bugger off or have a rethink cos as far as Freddyshouse DAoC is concerned it is dead in the water. Either show some love with regard to DAoC - different forums such as US ones etc - or shut any reference to DAoC down.

I think the trouble is with this forum is no bugger has told whoever runs this show the truth. FREDDYSHOUSE IS AN EMBARASSMENT AS FAR AS DAOC IS CONCERNED! Christ - whoever heard of Freddys before DAoc? And now they do sod all for the game - shame in bucketloads!

Ballocks to you!

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
i miss sleeping in school cos i was out defending relics til the early mornings !

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I miss Saturnine and (most of!) my former guildmates, particularly in Guardians of Power and Disciples of Aldur. If I'd known that DAoC would have been so head and shoulders better than all the games to come after it I might not have ever hung up my epic armour and retired the elderly Paladin...

spirery IA

Fledgling Freddie
yeah me 2 played lord of the rings online and playing conan atm but not the same as daoc miss it

B

Benedictine

Apathy? The Apathy? Sorceror Scot Apathy? :clap: PM me and I'll give you my email - we have some years of catching up to do :drink:

Bene

Moberg

Loyal Freddie
I miss stop exping my first char at 49,7 of fear of not having anything to do at 50 :)

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
I miss getting pm's on my shade if i was a chanter :flame:
I miss getting zerged @ amg by 20 infils
I miss getting killed by a fg @ bolg, and had to run back again to emain.
I miss getting TS'd infornt of an alb zerg by a scout.
I miss talking crap to sneakers :sex:
I miss asking mastade for a group hahaha :lol: :lol:

Got i miss this game and all the fun i had in all those years :(:(:(

Cirandi

One of Freddy's beloved
Wee!! Aeatan!

Tbh, DAoC is still the best MMO out there, for all its flaws. It's a damn shame it never reached to the full potential of it, it deserves a gazillion subscribers a lot more then that other MMO whose name shall not be mentioned.

I recently resubbed on the us classic servers and i'm (a bit to my own surprise) having a blast.

Slitzzz

Fledgling Freddie
I miss....

Sitting on a horse from Vasudheim to Galpen/Gna faste for 10min.
Running in Nisses`lair and saving the prisoners.
Beeing called paper tank(SB) in malmo and never getting on the List for group.
Logging in DF with my mate Pilskaft then log on when Albs/hibs had it
and kill you all :clap: .
Getting killed by Portalkeepwizzards when Rphorny came before common sence.
1 shotting ppl with my 2h spec , especially Luris :(

Oh there is a ton more things i miss in DAOC but i guess its all over...

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Ah, the epic DF rvr. Remember people would rush to move their toons there whenever one realm got control over it. Good times :D

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Ah, the epic DF rvr. Remember people would rush to move their toons there whenever one realm got control over it. Good times :D

I spent there 1 time 18 hours non stop killing everyone on my shade, making 130k that day :flame::flame::flame:

had a few rez bots logged on alb/mid side tho xD

I miss talking crap to sneakers :sex:
I miss asking mastade for a group hahaha :lol: :lol:

Got i miss this game and all the fun i had in all those years :(:(:(

Aww :wub: :sex:

I miss camping Svasud with Palan and Merbos xD.. you remb those guys :)?

I lost touch with both :/ Heard Palan got married aswell :lol:

Glema

Fledgling Freddie
I miss playing with the great group of people I played with in Ferus Legionis.

I miss falling asleep at the keyboard running around Emain at 4am with First Cohort trying to find something kill and getting shouted at by Konah.

I miss setting my alarm to wake up on Sunday morning at 8am to join a Relic Raid or go get camp bonus in Lyonesse.

I miss being able to play 'til 4am and still go to work!

I don't miss trees.

Ultimately the community was amazing and that is why I spent so many years obsessed with DAOC, nothing else has come close.

Toel

Loyal Freddie
Wee!! Aeatan!

Tbh, DAoC is still the best MMO out there, for all its flaws. It's a damn shame it never reached to the full potential of it, it deserves a gazillion subscribers a lot more then that other MMO whose name shall not be mentioned.

I recently resubbed on the us classic servers and i'm (a bit to my own surprise) having a blast.

You're right, but thank god it never got that many subbers. Close knit community beats all. :)

S

Soggy Bottom Boy

Missing stuff?

I miss rapid fire edge of the seat adrenalin flowing posts. If you want the same then post away on this poll:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/battleground-discussions39/230910-rival-forum-freddyhouse.html

Thugs and Dorimor are just as bonkers as they ever were. We know you want to do battle - can taste it in fact. They won't ban you by taking part in the poll - at least I don't think so. Ok, it is sad I am posting this (Thugs) but hell how does the world go around? If you didn't post stuff cos you felt worthless or 'sad' then you wouldn't post at all. Underneath this request for you to post is an intelligent and driven uuuuman being - bit drunk maybe - but driven none the less, and Dorimor is even more driven without the drink. Great combination - what are you waiting for - poll away! A rabid frothing at the mouth daoc forum is waiting in the wings.

groom

Fledgling Freddie
I miss "our" english server crashes, and 30 or more of us people went to the french servers and created lvl 1 characters in Hibernia.
We all went for RvR, but due to playing late (03:00 in the morning) we found very few enemy encounter from the other realms. But I never laughed so much, we always went back to the battle, trying to kill the lvl 50 dude. Took several screenshots of that event, too bad we can't find them anymore :(

I MISS HIBERNIA!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom