News 'I lied about WMD to topple Saddam#

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I really don't understand why they didn't clarify 'WMD' at the time, obviously they weren'tt talking atomic weapons, just nerve gasses and the like for use on troops or possibly smuggle into UK, he did have them because we sold him the kit to make them.
Everyone was shouting nuclear holocaust and nobody seemed to have the nounce to say 'Well actually no, just boring old biological warfare'.
He had the real ability to sell some serious shit to some very nasty people
and was playing very hard to get, just wasn't worth the chance to do nothing apart from the humiliation of backing down.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Really Job. Those chemical and biological weapons that they have still found no proof of? Yep, he definitely had them!!

He had what we sold him years ago. Not when we and the yanks decided to invade.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Anyone that was involved with the whole issue of WMD's and Iraq knew perfectly well that it was a lie. UNSCOM found and disassembled pretty much every piece of equipment or raw material that existed in Iraq. Anything they missed was bombed into oblivion in Operation Desert Fox.

The whole Iraq operations over the last twenty years have been a complete disgrace and anyone who is actually familiar with or is capable of doing a little of research on the subject will see it exactly for it is a massive crime against humanity.

500,000 children died as a direct result of the sanctions regime imposed on Iraq (UNICEF Figures). Massive spikes in cancer rates because of munitions used during the many bombing campaigns of the country. Destruction of civilian infrastructure, leading to huge issues with health,due to a lack of basic things like running water, adequate sewage systems.

The list is just ridiculously long.

The bullshit manufacturing WMD's "evidence" to justify the final removal of Saddam was the final act of morally bankrupt people /governments and has destroyed what once was one of the leading countries in the ME.

Any talk of they are better off today then under Saddam is completely and utterly ridiculous, the conditions on the ground in Iraq from 1990 onwards have been completely created by direct policy decisions taken by successive governments in the West.

GWB, his cronies along with Blair and co should all be put on trial for not just misleading the public but for crimes against humanity as is clearly the case here.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
There were have been far easier ways to topple Saddam rather than invading the country wholesale. However that wouldn't have resulted in all the construction contracts to rebuild the country...not to mention the oil.

While I don't agree with the type of leadership in these countries I don't think there is all that much we can or should do.

Blair and Bush should be up on charges against humanity. Will it happen? I very much doubt it!

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Haliburton certainly did pretty well out of the invasion :)

they should go on trial, but i doubt they will, they will just blame bad intelligence and then go write a book about it to make some more $$$

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom