News 'I lied about WMD to topple Saddam#

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
halabja.jpg

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Your picture proves he had them at one point but it has since been proven that they were destroyed en masse in the 1990's, our governments just chose not to believe it or allow the weapons inspectors time to verify it.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Well there's another mistake he made. Pissing about with inspectors while the world is eye balling(sp?) you. Proud man as he may have bin, he should have just allowed them and played open card.

Nevertheless, it whas a farce. But one he made himself.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
That picture made me cry. I'm not ashamed to admit it. My daughter is almost 2 and it wasn't so long ago she was that small. Whether he had WMD's this time or not, the wanker deserved to be skinned alive. 1" strips at a time. Just for doing that one thing. There has never been a punishment hideous enough for people like him.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
That picture made me cry. I'm not ashamed to admit it. My daughter is almost 2 and it wasn't so long ago she was that small. Whether he had WMD's this time or not, the wanker deserved to be skinned alive. 1" strips at a time. Just for doing that one thing. There has never been a punishment hideous enough for people like him.

shame they hung him tbh, much more horrific ways they could have killed him than that.. hanging was too good for him.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Well there's another mistake he made. Pissing about with inspectors while the world is eye balling(sp?) you. Proud man as he may have bin, he should have just allowed them and played open card.

Nevertheless, it whas a farce. But one he made himself.

Yes because megolomaniac dictators are often the first people to hold their hands up and admit they don't have any WMDs.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Jobs not done though is it? It's not saddam that's suffering, it's he Iraqi people and our troops and allies.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I've always stood by the reasoning of going to war with Iraq was to get rid of Saddam, I always knew the WMD stuff was fake, but they HAD to lie in order to get the masses to go with it, because alot of people's attitudes would have been 'Oh, why do we have to go to war with a Country if it doesn't really effect us?'

America's excuse was oil, end of.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Don't get me wrong, I know the whole WMD thing was nonsense, but I struggle to accept that this one guy was the sole source of that intelligence. There had to have been several other sources too.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Let's face it, the war with Iraq was shit, badly planned and cost the life of thousands of innocents. Now even if one might reason that "freeing the country" was a good motivation, it is clear that the invading forces have failed post-war. There are still different groups fighting, the country is not safe at all and those who helped the US are now being dropped like a sack of shit instead of getting help.

The are interesting reports about Iraqi interpreters who risked their life and helped US soldiers and now that the war is over, they're being sent home with a "thanks, we don't need you anymore", but it is clear that the pro-Saddam guys are waiting with sharpened knifes in the dark ……

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

Horrible isn't it, crying at that is never anything to be ashamed off. I am glad Saddam has gone, just sorry so many lives have been lost in the process.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Well yeah, you could argue that there was thousands of deaths, but do the deaths make up for a much better future for Iraq? If Saddam and co were still in power for the next, what, 10-20 years.. how many deaths would of been caused that could have been prevented if there was another Government in power?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Pure speculation Gwadien, there are worst dictators in power who commit worse crimes. A lot of blind eyes are turned. The 2nd Iraqi war was a joke, end of. The world is better off without Saddam, but at what cost?

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Well yeah, you could argue that there was thousands of deaths, but do the deaths make up for a much better future for Iraq? If Saddam and co were still in power for the next, what, 10-20 years.. how many deaths would of been caused that could have been prevented if there was another Government in power?

Let's ask the question in a different way. If somebody offers you to shoot everyone who is dear to you, but as reward the political situation in your country gets better, would you agree?

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
Some of the comments in this thread are outrageous. A government lying to its people, no matter how noble the ends, should not be tolerated. It opens the door to all sorts of abuses.

We put our trust in our leaders, they have the power over the life and death of our soldiers. Surely we can be trusted to make our own decisions in this regard.

This of course pre-supposes that the overarching aim of the Iraq war was to 'free' the Iraqi people, but that is a discussion for another thread.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No use crying over spilt MWDs really, if you want to complain, complain about what they're(if any) are doing to help the country after ;)

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
No use crying over spilt MWDs really, if you want to complain, complain about what they're(if any) are doing to help the country after ;)

You don't have a problem with an elected govt blatantly lying to its electors to start an unjust war????? Like Azurus said there is no justification for that, ever. Sickens me that they won't ever get the sentence/punishment they deserve for what they did

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You don't have a problem with an elected govt blatantly lying to its electors to start an unjust war????? Like Azurus said there is no justification for that, ever. Sickens me that they won't ever get the sentence/punishment they deserve for what they did

I don't have a problem with a lot of things, but the fact remains that it's done. Now what you can do, if you are so inclined, is to demand changes in things that can be changed.

Also, is there really a lot of just wars out there? Can a war be just to begin with?

To be honest, the WMDs being there or not wuoldn't have changed a lot. All they needed for a "just" war is to say "look there's this evil bloke there, we'll get rid of him, alright?"

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Yeah so what if some guy raped someone, it's in the past - we can't change it, why prosecute them.

Bitches just gonna have to deal with it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yep, that's what i said, sure.

Do you really think they'd throw Bush in jail, or do anything of the sort?

The war would've happened anyway, so just focus your qqraging at something that's worth while.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
maybe it's a case of 'the right outcome for the wrong reasons' or something similar, I find it horribly sad that so many people have died and been hurt and things still need sorting out.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
not like Labour didnt regularly lie to UK citizens, anyone remember the "We WILL definitely have a referendum on the EU constitution" followed by a victory and a "actually, we know you will say no, so we wont bother with a referendum we will simply use our majority to force it through parliament..."

so... they lied to us once, then again... so a new government is elected, with the lib dems saying "We WILL oppose tuition fee increases", followed by "actually, we dont want to oppose it anymore, we kinda like power"

Trust me, Im a Politician!

edit: and on topic, the british intelligence agencies knew Saddam had some WMD's (at one point) because they were made by British companies (as was the mustard gas he used to kill kurds back in the day)

Thats also how they know the exact specs of the Iranian warships that were supposed to go through Suez canal (but in the end didnt), as they were also made in Britain (and sold to our good friends the Iranians back before we realised they were the bad guys)

Helme

Resident Freddy
That's kinda what most people have a trouble with, these assholes can literary make something up to kill 100,000+ innocent people without any repercussions. In fact, they retire millionaires with publishers lining up for exclusive biographies.

I dunno about you but I think thats all kinds of fucked up and shouldn't happen in a "democratic" society.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I dunno about you but I think thats all kinds of fucked up and shouldn't happen in a "democratic" society.

Demoicracy is the biggest pile of horse manure since marty went back in time anyway.

Like i said, the war would've happened anyway, and people would've been a-ok shouting "USA! USA!"(if they were now), no matter what they said. People jsut need something to whine about and this, well, this is a rather nice little whine to hop on.

How many of the people here demanding "justice" now, were pro-war?

Are you saying that if there were WMDs there, that the 100k dead would be just fine?

Because that's an interesting stance to take.

Helme

Resident Freddy
I have no illusions about democracy, I know its a sham.

And as for the war, I've personally been against it since the moment it was announced there would be one. As has the majority of the European population, unfortunately France were the only country who had the balls to say no. I'm actually ashamed that Sweden broke it's 200 year neutrality, especially when over 70% of the population were directly against joining the war.

And no, even if there were 100,000 dead and we'd found hundreds of nukes it would still not be ok. We'd be killing innocent people to remove something that will never be used so that we can be the only kids in the sandbox with the big toys.

Personally I'm hoping Iran manages to get some nukes made, it would make it harder to push them around and it would be a good deterrent for something like Iraq happening again, and if we're lucky it might make Israel stop push it's neighbours around as much too.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Yep, that's what i said, sure.

The war would've happened anyway, so just focus your qqraging at something that's worth while.
well he has actually cancelled a tour to europe in the fear of being procecuted or the likes (correct me if im wrong, ive been out of the medias spin and information drill for almost 3 months now so i only know basics)

and i sincerely hope he gets sent to Haag for crimes against humanity

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom