I know this is in the wrong place, BUT........

G

I am interested in creating a WAP site so i can post little files so me and other people can download them (midi) files, the thing is, i don't have the fisrt idea how to go about it.

Has anyone ever done this before and if so how hard is it to achieve (i dont really do web sites), i could google but you guys know your stuff.

answers on a postcard please

Richard

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi brooky

Just a flying visit. I remember developing a WAP site a few years back and it prooved relatively easy. WAP pages are basically an XML-based variation on HTML, so the markup shouldn't be too foriegn if you're familiar with normal webpages. One thing I do remember is that you'll need a WAP host, as standard web hosting doesn't usually serve WAP pages (well, they didn't used too). There used to be plenty of free WAP hosts, though. You'll also be able to find free online viewers which replicate what your pages will look like when viewed on a mobile.

Sorry for the lack of links and such, but I'm sure Google will be more than willing :)

Kind Regards

Jonty

P.S. WAP pages may not have long for this world, if they ever did. Smartphones now come with simple browsers which are capable of displaying 'proper' webpages, and Opera/Mozilla etc. are producing mobile variants too which can be installed on newer phones.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Seconded :) W3Schools is particularly apt in this instance as most WAP pages are hand coded, so learning about how they are constructed is of great importance.

Good luck with it all

Kind Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom