mank!

Part of the furniture
I'd just like to say I thought this thread said "I have enemas"

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Yeah, they're the ones giving me jip on there :D

xane

Fledgling Freddie
I bet when Tom goes to the zoo he teases the lions and the big apes.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
xane said:
I bet when Tom goes to the zoo he teases the lions and the big apes.

But I bet the monkeys still flick shit at him....... :p

Adari

Part of the furniture
Tom said:
heh Adari gets upset because I 'invade' his post about GM, and argue my case; that he is ignorant, and naive. I point out what I think hes saying wrong, he can't respond intelligently (mainly because I'm correct), so he tells me to feck off etc etc, and some of his immature mates do the same.
No, not at all, you were ranting on about greenpeace shit that was not supposed to be the topic, it was completely different and even though I asked or pointed out that I wanted to the discussion to be about GM and not about what I should base my opinion on all you could do was whine.

Then you suddenly start claiming you had valid points about GM in your reply. The reason no one saw this was because we were getting tired of reading the same retard pathetic whine after the first two lines about stuff not related to the topic of the thread no one but you and the other mong wanted to talk about.

If you want to have a discussion. Fine. Then do so and stay on the actual topic instead of lecturing me on where I should get information. Don't fucking blame me for not wanting to search through your bullshit to find your actual view on the things that DID matter.

It was a nice thread untill you interfered.

Tom

I am a FH squatter

Alkoran

One of Freddy's beloved
Jupitus said:
Fact is the regulars there have as much of an 'anti generalite' mindset as some generalites have 'anti daocer' in here, and that leads to Tom getting flamed in Excal OT just like some of them get flamed in here (though IMHO the DAOCers who get flamed in the general forum usually have it happen through silly posts rather than 'trying to intrude').

Why do you say "the regulars" of Excal/OT are anti-genralite, but "some genralites" are anti-DAoC. It's not a good idea to make this sot of cockup in a sentence you begin with the words "fact is".

As far as I can tell the reason some were peed off with Tom is that he has made it clear that he isn't all that fond of Excalot/DAoC posters.

Very few DAoCers are "anti-genralite" and the "go back to genral" posts only turn up (aside from jest) when people show that they just find our boards an amusing place to troll.
The bright and knowledgeble amongst you will have reallised that this applys also to the genral forums the "****ing DAoCers" tends to surface only in moments of tention. However, it does seem to be more acceptable to tell a DAoCer "where to go", but perhaps that's just my PoV because I don't visit genral often and people send me links to the more blatant stuff.

You do tend to give the appearance of beeing a tad anti-DAoC yourself Jup, a little more in the research and developement department wouldn't go a miss.

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
If you want to get points across, speak more maturely and use less expletives and insults. Why would we listen to an opinion of anyones when they start throwing words around like 'retard' and 'mong', that's more like playground arguments than valid discussion.

Adari

Part of the furniture
nas nas jeje

I cant be arsed to argue with you, I said what I wanted to say

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
I'll admit though that Tom does tend to talk down to people and be a bit patronising when arguing his side of a discussion :) Though that's just his style.

Saying "you're wrong, discuss" cannot be part of a valid discussion, as if Adari was wrong in that GM thread then clearly there is no more discussion. You put a view forward and listen to others. Not put a view forward, tell everyone else they're wrong and see what happens.

But anyway, I'm a neutral in this, and not particularly liked by either side of this argument :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Alkoran said:
You do tend to give the appearance of beeing a tad anti-DAoC yourself Jup, a little more in the research and developement department wouldn't go a miss.

I read the thread that Tom posted in as it developed.. it was about genetically modified food, and he argued his case, defended himself, just as anybody would on any forum, in my view.

As for research and development, I played DAOC from beta, and I know alot of the community there already. I was active on GOA's boards before they were closed. I was active in the DAOC area on BW while I still played. I know the game, the classes, the 'names'... I have drunk beer with Kemor and understood the issues the GOA staff have also. I would say that overall I have made a pretty decent effort in my 'research and development' regarding DAOC.

If someone started a 'Don't let Adari post in the FH general area' petition I'd hold a similar view against them. The boards are open and as long as people stick to the topic and stay within the code of conduct then they are free to do so.

I won't be around until tomorrow evening so I'll look forward to my flames on Thursday as I'll be playing when I get home.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Jonaldo said:
Saying "you're wrong, discuss" cannot be part of a valid discussion, as if Adari was wrong in that GM thread then clearly there is no more discussion. You put a view forward and listen to others. Not put a view forward, tell everyone else they're wrong and see what happens.

Well that was a bit abbreviated, but basically an argument usually consists of differing or opposing views. My gripe was that I stated my case, and he wouldn't respond with anything other than "ffs go away fuck off I don't want to argue with you" etc, which goes to prove my point really.

I hope people don't think I'm talking down to them, perhaps I just need to learn to use smilies more often. I say things as I see them, and part of the enjoyment of this place is that I can learn something just by reading what other people say, in response to my blathering on.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Adari said:
nas nas jeje

I cant be arsed to argue with you, I said what I wanted to say
Regardless of what you say, you still have the lamest custom title ever. It suggests a combination of insecure desire for responsibility, desperation for attention and an abnormally high concentration of an unrefined compound that I'm going to call 'Twatinium X'.

Your desperate attempts to expel the suffocating quantities of 'Twatinium X' from your system into your posts is both a blind attempt for a cure, and an underlying symptom of 'Twatinium X' overdose and dependence.

The only cure is a proctotomy from Dr Wij. Join the queue please.

Alkoran

One of Freddy's beloved
Jupitus said:
I read the thread that Tom posted in as it developed.. it was about genetically modified food, and he argued his case, defended himself, just as anybody would on any forum, in my view.

As for research and development, I played DAOC from beta, and I know alot of the community there already. I was active on GOA's boards before they were closed. I was active in the DAOC area on BW while I still played. I know the game, the classes, the 'names'... I have drunk beer with Kemor and understood the issues the GOA staff have also. I would say that overall I have made a pretty decent effort in my 'research and development' regarding DAOC.

If someone started a 'Don't let Adari post in the FH general area' petition I'd hold a similar view against them. The boards are open and as long as people stick to the topic and stay within the code of conduct then they are free to do so.

I won't be around until tomorrow evening so I'll look forward to my flames on Thursday as I'll be playing when I get home.

That was not the direction of research to which I was reffering and the important word in that which you quoted was "appearance" I wasn't asking you tell me you wern't Anti-DAoCer I wasn't actually asking you to do anything really, more sort of giving you the headsup on how you're seen by some.

(I really should put word's like "appearance" and suchlike in bold as I always end up having to make a clarifying post afterwards..... but that would mean remembering stuff...:( )

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Oh, come on... the Excalibur/OT forums have been filled with utter drivel and spam from the very first day they were created.

"+1" and "stlong spammage" amongst random anti-gay, anti-women and various racism shit is what made your beloved E/OT forums the outhouse of BW and now FH.

If someone somewhat sane tries to post there (I wouldn't know why you bother, Tom) and gets flamed by the brainless little brats who deem themselves regulars there............... fine.

But trying to come across as having some cool, entertaining, interesting (har har) forum... puhlease...

L_Plates

Fledgling Freddie
Alkoran said:
That was not the direction of research to which I was reffering and the important word in that which you quoted was "appearance" I wasn't asking you tell me you wern't Anti-DAoCer I wasn't actually asking you to do anything really, more sort of giving you the headsup on how you're seen by some.

(I really should put word's like "appearance" and suchlike in bold as I always end up having to make a clarifying post afterwards..... but that would mean remembering stuff...:( )

You use big words to hide your annoying habbit of being alive , now be gone !!

We wub Tom end of.

Alkoran

One of Freddy's beloved
Uncle Sick said:
Oh, come on... the Excalibur/OT forums have been filled with utter drivel and spam from the very first day they were created.

"+1" and "stlong spammage" amongst random anti-gay, anti-women and various racism shit is what made your beloved E/OT forums the outhouse of BW and now FH.

If someone somewhat sane tries to post there (I wouldn't know why you bother, Tom) and gets flamed by the brainless little brats who deem themselves regulars there............... fine.

But trying to come across as having some cool, entertaining, interesting (har har) forum... puhlease...

The homophobic racist and various other controversial subjects were far from one sided. Most of what now constitutes the Excal/OT community fought on the side of equality and judgement of the individual not the group (those advocating prejudice tend to go beyond what is permitted on the forum and get banned)
On this subject (your view appears a tad clouded) much prejudice stems from lack of knowledge/education thus racism is a terrible thing, but talking about it isn't. Often things get out of hand and threads are closed this is partially due to the wide range of people who can find themselves in the DAoC forums people comming from many different places with many different points of view and things can get rather heated.
Again on the subject of prejudice your statement on the regulars of Excal/OT is heavily influenced, but rather obviously not by a representative experiance. If you take the time to learn the hisory and the characters you would find that some of us are actually quite bright and even friendly. Some of us are still dense and malicious, but to judge the many on the actions of the few is to be no better than those who irritate you so much.

Alkoran

One of Freddy's beloved
L_Plates said:
You use big words to hide your annoying habbit of being alive , now be gone !!

We wub Tom end of.

If you'd seen more of Excal/OT you'd know that reference to my use of long words tends to turn up whenever I find my self explaining a situation to someone who, to put it more bluntly "doesn't give a shit" and would rather hold on to whichever popular injustice makes them most comfortable than try and understand anything more complex than who's the "tard".

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Alkoran said:

Well, whatever... really. You can say what you want to make your beloved forum look better.

Just like Jup I have been around since the DAoC Europe beta and ever since the more 'vocal' DAoC players could be found on Excalibur. And that was putting it nicely.

Heck, just have a look at the topics - and even if the topic is somewhat ok, the majority of responses are either emotes or brainless gibberish.

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
Can I be someones enemy?

Maybe you could vow to kill me or something.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Theres a few people i cannot stand on these forums. The secret is keeping it to yourself and then the world becomes a better place.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Shovel said:
It suggests a combination of insecure desire for responsibility, desperation for attention and an abnormally high concentration of an unrefined compound that I'm going to call 'Twatinium X'.

Marry me Shovel. :worthy:

Alkoran

One of Freddy's beloved
If we pick a couple of topics from the from page, ignoring the mainly Tom related (recently riding high) and the topics which require past knowledge of DAoC or the posters, let's see what we've got.

Free MMORPG : player posts link to see if they can grab some people to join them. A bit out of your interest I suspect but legit and interesting to the interested. No replys, none needed.

Ouch :/ : Rather shocking news link, short observation of the practice of publically condemning an action interesting for those of a lightly philsophical or polical (PR) bent or those who just wanna go "shit that's harsh!" (which is fine by me, but I expect you may disaprove of that bit).

Friendly Kitten Game : Flash game link probably, I haven't followed it on account of having real games to play :p

Valentines Day : I missed the start of this and couln't be bothered catching up, probably rather spammy though.

Now that's a fucking concert! : Something about a rather dramatic concert for which the performers may be charged with causing religious offence (a rather odd charge really a satanist can't make references to christianity, but prominent figures in the christian churchs may condemn satanists and the reading of Harry Potter) continues to a discussion on ratehr extreme forms of art.

Well this is reassuring : Starts out about Bush IIRC ends in a bit of k9 bashing, (made angry post @ k9 'cos it coulda been a more interesting thread with out the pretending not to understand and genrally being annoying).

Pheonix nights : disscussion of comedy series. Much quotage is featured, I haven't seen the program so I didn't get the quotes. Apparently they are funny though.

New MMORPG with leet pvp XD :link to comical flash film quite old, was pretty funny last time I watched it though. Worth a watch if you enjoy a bit of mindless idiocy with a bit of rhythm.

On a side note, you dislike my longwinded essay spawned typing and also dislike the more plainspoken manner of some of the other regulars... how would you like further posts to be phrased (ok, that was lame, but cut me some slack, I'm tired)

The-Don

Loyal Freddie
Doomy said:
Theres a few people i cannot stand on these forums. The secret is keeping it to yourself and then the world becomes a better place.

I find the ignore thingy works particularly well :p

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
The-Don said:
I find the ignore thingy works particularly well :p

Oh yeah, never tried it myself tho. I get some kind of warped satisfaction in the retarded people actually confirming to me that they are indeed retarded by what they say.

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Cdr said:
Can I be someones enemy?

Maybe you could vow to kill me or something.

Watch ur bak u.

Next time u fly pas I'll shot u!

U cant tuch dis!

avriltime.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom