I have a weird fucking problem with my internet...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
So i'm supposed to have 10 up and 10 down, and according to all speedtest sites i've tried i do. But when i try to download something from Steam or anywhere else my download caps out at 1.3Mbit/s. I've called my ISP and they can not see any issues what so ever.

I have tried both with and without my router, i've borrowed a friends PC home and tested that and it's just as slow on that as it is on my PC and i've taken my PC to my friend and checked there and there's no problem.

So i have no fucking clue what to do here. My ISP says that because speedtest.net and all other such sites say i have what i pay for they can't do anything but i fucking refuse to accept that it is what it is just because they can't see a problem because quite fucking obviously there IS a problem.

So does anyone have a suggestion as to what the issue can be that my ISP fail to detect?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
So i'm supposed to have 10 up and 10 down, and according to all speedtest sites i've tried i do. But when i try to download something from Steam or anywhere else my download caps out at 1.3Mbit/s. I've called my ISP and they can not see any issues what so ever.

I have tried both with and without my router, i've borrowed a friends PC home and tested that and it's just as slow on that as it is on my PC and i've taken my PC to my friend and checked there and there's no problem.

So i have no fucking clue what to do here. My ISP says that because speedtest.net and all other such sites say i have what i pay for they can't do anything but i fucking refuse to accept that it is what it is just because they can't see a problem because quite fucking obviously there IS a problem.

So does anyone have a suggestion as to what the issue can be that my ISP fail to detect?
When you say 10 up is that 10mbit or 10 Mbit. Cause if its 10mbit then 1.3 Mbit is about capping.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
10 Megabytes per sec up and down. Sorry.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Nope, attarently i'm a fucking idiot that got a higher speed then a paid for. I finally got in touch with a support why knew wtf she was doing. I have had 10mbit by mistake for years and years and they have now fixed that so i have 10mbit... :(

/edit: But for practically no extra (40 SEK which is i think 4 - 5 GBP) i now have 100Mb/sec (yes i tripple checked that it was Mb/sec and not mbit) :D

So i'm a happy camper now...

Last edited:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Sigh, i also can't seem to write properly. I have had 10Mb/sec by mistake.........

Tom

I am a FH squatter
So what have you paid for? If you've been paying for bytes and only got bits, perhaps you're due a refund.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I think he was paying for 3 apples a week and they accidentally gave him 30 instead. Then they realised and put him back down to 3 and he rang them up, confused. Now he's getting like 100 apples for not much more money so is happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom