Rant I feel I have lost something...

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
X Factor expected to get the Christmas no.1.

Nobody expected to hear from Rage Against The Machine again, let alone have them going rocketing against X Factor.

There are some ambiguous areas we could spend ages debating to no real purpose. The net result is that X Factor got one across the bows. Job done.

but how does it get one across the bows? The only winner is sony. They get more single sales than they would have otherwise. No one that would have bought x-factor is going to buy RATM instead, only people that don't like x-factor or love RATM will buy it, a few may buy both. The x-factor single will still be number 1, the high street cd sales will see to that.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
but how does it get one across the bows? The only winner is sony. They get more single sales than they would have otherwise. No one that would have bought x-factor is going to buy RATM instead, only people that don't like x-factor or love RATM will buy it, a few may buy both. The x-factor single will still be number 1, the high street cd sales will see to that.
I'm quoting this for posterity in case you're proven wrong on Sunday. :)
I understand the numbers you're talking about, but at the end of the day it *IS* a shot across the bows.

The message is simple. Don't get complacent because the public can change their mind very quickly.

I'm not participating because I don't endorse buying music any more. The Spotify "all you can eat" model is more my style.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
But again; it's not going anything to x-factor, seeing as this was Cowells idea and is making him money. I love the fact that people blindly ignore this point and defend the campaign.
thats even more bull. it wasn't his idea, he doesnt make money off it, he even said it was stupid.

why are you complaining if someones having a bit of fun and fighting the power of xfagtor? if someone wants to spend 40p to nob over some shit reality tv show then who cares? who cares if sony make more money?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I thought they only counted if they were over 60p?

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Muppets should be number no.1 watched the video last night, I may actually buy a single for the first time since 2000

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'm quoting this for posterity in case you're proven wrong on Sunday. :)
I understand the numbers you're talking about, but at the end of the day it *IS* a shot across the bows.

The message is simple. Don't get complacent because the public can change their mind very quickly.

I'm not participating because I don't endorse buying music any more. The Spotify "all you can eat" model is more my style.

Well I offered to put my money behind my mouth over on general Zenith.

Oh and megadave, the ratm campaign is the brainchild of cowell and his marketing company and sony. They know full well the power of the net and social websites. If you don't believe that, then that is your call. If you can't see that the only winners here are Sony and Cowell then you are very naive.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Nobody expected to hear from Rage Against The Machine again, let alone have them going rocketing against X Factor.

actually many people are expecting to hear from RATM, since only last year they got together for a few shows, with a high possibility of more gigs coming in the future.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
As already mentioned, the song has to be the 79p one, I bet more people than not have bought the cheap version.

Also I heard the song on the radio today and it's pure guff, I'd rather get Hanson and Mmbop to number one than that shit.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Has anyone looked at first week sales figures for x-factor singles? 576k units in the first week, 300k odd units in the second. that is from last years sales.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
As already mentioned, the song has to be the 79p one, I bet more people than not have bought the cheap version.
nah songs ahve to cost atleast 40p to count in the uk charts, although some sites like amazon bought it for 40p+ and sell it at a loss at 20p. a lot of websites are donating all proceeds to charity

duno why you think simon cowell thought the whole thing up, what a crock of shit

ST^

Can't get enough of FH

If I could be bothered to draw a venn diagram, you'd see one circle on the left titled "people who would buy an x-factor christmas single" and one on the right titled "people who are buying a Rage against the Machine single", and there wouldn't be any intersection between the two.

Nobody changed their mind.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I don't honestly get the problem with x-factor and idols hating.

They are good singers afterall, you can't deny that.

Sure they make one or two force produced CDs, ut a lot of them go on doing their own thing and a lot of the semi-finalists also get out there.

Is it the popularity? The fact it's on TV? What?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Why do you care if other people like RATM? if you like the song what difference does it make if they are 'mainstream' or not?

I honestly don't get it :s

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
I think it's funny that in this day and age people think they can stick it to the man by giving that self same man (Sony) their money.

They are the only winners here, an old and dead single gets sold in huge numbers to people who wouldn't usually spend their cash on it so net gain. And the publicity also increases the sales of the bland X factor single. It's blur V oasis all over again. If anyone genuinely doesn't think the record companies are behind this then then they are sadly mistaken. These feuds are always created by the record companies and artists to boost sales.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I think it's funny that in this day and age people think they can stick it to the man by giving that self same man (Sony) their money.

They are the only winners here, an old and dead single gets sold in huge numbers to people who wouldn't usually spend their cash on it so net gain. And the publicity also increases the sales of the bland X factor single. It's blur V oasis all over again. If anyone genuinely doesn't think the record companies are behind this then then they are sadly mistaken. These feuds are always created by the record companies and artists to boost sales.

It's also a bit of fun which is making a decent amount of money for charity.

soze

I am a FH squatter
One of the rage guys said they will be donating a lot of the money to charity now for Sony to do the same and this will just be a nice display of the public getting behind something.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
The band wagon is in full motion. We are going to have one of these campaigns every fucking year now.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
The band wagon is in full motion. We are going to have one of these campaigns every fucking year now.
If people were really into real music they would just buy singles by their favourite artists every week in order to chart them on a regular basis, just like it used to work.

Anyway i will be the first to propose Cannibal Corpse - Meathook Sodomy for next years christmas number one :clap:

mooSe_

FH is my second home
If people were really into real music they would just buy singles by their favourite artists every week in order to chart them on a regular basis, just like it used to work.

Anyway i will be the first to propose Cannibal Corpse - Meathook Sodomy for next years christmas number one :clap:

I think hammer smashed face would be more likely to get support, but either way I wouldn't bother to join the campaign because I don't care who number 1 is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom