Rant I feel I have lost something...

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Since the media has made a mass thing about RATm getting to Christmas number One, I have people coming to me and declaringthat RATm are a "brilliant band", eyt it was the same people who slagged me off something cruel when I admitted to liking RATM years ago(mid to late nineties).

I fucking hate it when I lose something I like to the mainstream. :(

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Band wagon jumpers bud, my club is supported by legions of them. :(

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I hate this whole vote ratm for christmas bullshit, It's all the same faggots who got excited about the xfactor every week anyway.

I don't really like musical elitism, but I do feel your annoyance. Especially those people telling me to buy killing in the name of on itunes or some shit; I've had that song for years why the fuck would I want to get it again, and unlike those people I have the rest of the album too.

I never really thought RATM were that 'underground' or whatever the opposite to mainstream is, but this is definitely a new level of poserfaggotry that they have become the subject of.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Hellotheregoodsir.png

'sup

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
RATM have never been underground.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Welcome to getting old

I've been through it all with shite rappers selling millions talking crap over tunes that changed my life 10 years ago and the kids don't even no or care about
the original.

'It's mine you f****ckers!'

The only one I liked was the remake of Boys of Summer by DJ Sammy.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Welcome to getting old

I've been through it all with shite rappers selling millions talking crap over tunes that changed my life 10 years ago and the kids don't even no or care about
the original.

Vanilla Ice? (or am I really showing my age now).

Ezteq

Queen of OT
alright stop...

and that's as far as I'm gonna go with ice ice baby because I do know all the words still lol.

Thad you're safe from me, I wouldn't know a RATm (it actually took me a few seconds to work out this wasn't a cybernetic rat) song if it came up to me waving a flag saying "Hi I'm a rage against the machine song!" I gave up being interested in xmas No. 1's many many years ago and am too lazy to jump on any band wagons unless they are providing donuts.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I still think they're shit and I'm not buying one shit song to spite another shit song.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Lol old people!

That said, im the only 25 year old at the uni partys :p

*at a party*

Me: Heh remeber early 90s?

Dude: No i was born in 1992....

*silence*

gohan

FH is my second home
Lol old people!

That said, im the only 25 year old at the uni partys :p

*at a party*

Me: Heh remeber early 90s?

Dude: No i was born in 1992....

*silence*

your at partys with 17 yr olds? i r calling the pleasemen

iknow what you mean tho my little sister was born in 1990 so like ill see a mates passport or somthing i already know thier 18 but i wanna take the pissout of thier photo, and its like dob may 1991, then im like wtf, 91??? your younger than my sister ffs and shes like 12

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Congratulations; those people have, in your x-factor anti frenzy, made RATM as mainstream, popular and "every persons music" AS x-factor music :p

Morons.

If you wanted to put a message through, how about jingle bells or silent night?

soze

I am a FH squatter
I was reading on Amazon there are two versions one 79p one 29p so loads are buying the 29p and that does not count towards the charts :)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I want a program on TV that exposes the lives of people who actually vote for X-Factor.

AND I would like a little clarification on the
'Mobiles will be considerably more' statment in the smallprint.

Exactly how much more?

Seems a bit vague to me, has anyone been foolish enough to try
then checked their bill?

Bit like British Gas saying 'Gas on Tuesdays will be quite a bit more expensive'

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
the song of choice should have been bitch niggaz

mooSe_

FH is my second home
the song should have been Pissing in the mainstream - Dying Fetus

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
What's X-Factor?
^^^ This.

I know exactly what it is but I can say that I have never seen one single episode of it.
Or Strictly Come Dancing.
Or Britain's Got (no) Talent.
Or Pop Idol.
Or Big Brother.
Or I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here.

I personally think that the current flavour of vote-based TV panders to the lowest common denominator in terms of content. I'll watch "reality TV" but the documentary stuff... not the type where you're asked to cast your vote.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Congratulations; those people have, in your x-factor anti frenzy, made RATM as mainstream, popular and "every persons music" AS x-factor music :p

Morons.

If you wanted to put a message through, how about jingle bells or silent night?

Not entirely. It sends a message to the makers of things like X Factor that their forumlaic crap is annoying more than its pleasing.

Its funny to see the smugness of X Factor effectively rickrolled by Rage Against The Machine.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Not entirely. It sends a message to the makers of things like X Factor that their forumlaic crap is annoying more than its pleasing.

Its funny to see the smugness of X Factor effectively rickrolled by Rage Against The Machine.

But again; it's not going anything to x-factor, seeing as this was Cowells idea and is making him money. I love the fact that people blindly ignore this point and defend the campaign.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
This kind of manufactured crap has been going on for ages, it's not just the xfactor. Even if the xfactor was never on tv again you would still be bombarded with soulless pop crap whenever you turn on the radio or tv.

edit: Also I hate how NME is championing itself as the xfactor killer and bringer of real music. NME is shit.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
bring back phil spector and the philly sound i say

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Yeah, because I'm going to buy a single.. When I've had the album for fucking years.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
X Factor expected to get the Christmas no.1.

Nobody expected to hear from Rage Against The Machine again, let alone have them going rocketing against X Factor.

There are some ambiguous areas we could spend ages debating to no real purpose. The net result is that X Factor got one across the bows. Job done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom