I feel for you Iain and Magnus

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Just been checking over on Warhammer Alliance to find this thread.

GOA site and flash security vunrabilities. - Warhammer Forums

Basically now someone has come up with the fact GOA are using a flash site that flash has some certain security vulnerabilities and we could be at risk because of it!!!!! :lol:

Seriously, I'm as anxious as the next person to get registered and start playing but this is turning into a witch hunt and people seem to be purposefully trying to drag GOA through the mud.

You pair are doing a sterling job facing these people but maintaining composure.... as I for one would of flipped out by this point and told all these kiddies to feck off and grow up!

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
TBH wouldnt want to be some sort of community liason or anyone who has to be around on a launch day of a major MMO.

There are going to be soooo many people with all sorts of different problems its going to be hectic.

I hope its going to be a smooth one for the GOA guys & girls.

Skaven

One of Freddy's beloved

Basically now someone has come up with the fact GOA are using a flash site that flash has some certain security vulnerabilities and we could be at risk because of it!!!!! :lol:

Seriously, I'm as anxious as the next person to get registered and start playing but this is turning into a witch hunt and people seem to be purposefully trying to drag GOA through the mud.

You pair are doing a sterling job facing these people but maintaining composure.... as I for one would of flipped out by this point and told all these kiddies to feck off and grow up!

I don't think they're doing it on purpose, and yeah it probably is a little OTT but because of GOA's past at handling daoc people have every right to be a little cautious as to how they're going to handle what will probably be a mmo more bigger than daoc ever was.

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
Basically now someone has come up with the fact GOA are using a flash site that flash has some certain security

*giggle*

I love the non-scientific, non-fact going around on those boards today. It's like someone opened the money farm and unleashed them on keyboards.

start playing but this is turning into a witch hunt and people seem to be purposefully trying to drag GOA through the mud.

Well people think that since they pre ordered the game, it not only means they are entitled to features that don't exist it also makes them a laywer, an accountant, an analyst and their chairman.

Same heh.

Credit to Iain and Magnus my dealings with them have been nothing but stellar, nice people to speak to and take more shit than a door to door salesman. :)

Wai

Fledgling Freddie
I'll be honest I have sometimes a little harsh towards GOA, mainly cos I played DAoC from almost the start in the EU and saw alot of mistakes and errors (including having all my chars stripped in the item data base corruption thingy) but to be fair they seem alot more willing to answer queries and post updates than they ever did in daoc.

Also I've had a few problems recently with beta invites and cdkeys and I have to say the response time from them and the answers were generally speaking perfect and helped me to no end.

I was one of those considering going to the US to avoid GOA but after the last 2 weeks after the help I've had from them I'm going to stay on the EU servers and see how it turns out :)

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Shrug, theyve done it all before.

They survived the abuse they took during some of GOAs less than perfect periods handling DAoC, this is nothing by comparison.

However if things werent to go well tomorrow Id agree, I wouldnt want to be them ;)

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Good evening!
Thanks for the kind words and support.

WAR will be using a similar billing system as the goa.com platform. That is, actual payment information will not be handled via our flash website, but on external and very reliable platforms. WAR subscriptions will be safe.

-Magnus

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Good evening!

WAR will be using a similar billing system as the goa.com platform. That is, actual payment information will not be handled via our flash website, but on external and very reliable platforms. WAR subscriptions will be safe.

-Magnus
I hope not the same, got billed 3 months after i cancelled my account. And if i remember correctly some others here in FH also got renewed after cancelling accounts.

Libh

Fledgling Freddie
I hope not the same, got billed 3 months after i cancelled my account. And if i remember correctly some others here in FH also got renewed after cancelling accounts.

yeah that was ugly that was. Real ugly.
Damn Im glad you reminded me of those incidents.
Il be shure not to let GOA screw me.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy

That was fines for all the hosses you stole.

Ashash Saleem

Fledgling Freddie
Good evening!

-Magnus

LOL! If you are using the same billing platform as you did with DAoC then i will certainly be getting a refund on my collectors edition, i was one of them that had to threaten legal action against GoA to get money back after they continued billing me after cancelation (4 months worth of resubs after i had hit cancel), the system is flawed and has major issues, don't use it or you will end up in a whole heap of trouble.

Lomme

Fledgling Freddie
He never said they will be using the same billing system.

Edit: And while I'm here I might aswell ask. Chances Magnus or Requiel actually spotting this is slim, but mjeh, I'm bored. So, any chance for an update? Would be nice knowing what the problem is, what you're doing to solve it, when and if you have an ETA, etc, osv. :)

Zaagazug

Fledgling Freddie
On a more serious note: All real keylogger attacks in WoW has been made throught vulnerabilities in flash. The problem is not that the GOA website would be hacked, the problem is that if Warhammer becomes large you really want to run your browser with flash disabled and no-script if you are to be 100% secure since wardb, the WA website etc might be hacked.

This is actually my only 'real' compalint about the website - I could not care less about other aspects such as functionality, looks and so on.

Fink

One of Freddy's beloved
LOL! If you are using the same billing platform as you did with DAoC then i will certainly be getting a refund on my collectors edition, i was one of them that had to threaten legal action against GoA to get money back after they continued billing me after cancelation (4 months worth of resubs after i had hit cancel), the system is flawed and has major issues, don't use it or you will end up in a whole heap of trouble.

Yeah I had the same problems.

Dredge

Fledgling Freddie

The problem is, neither of those two are likely to be in the decision making process for using the flash front end. Let alone running a sub-standard website instead of mirroring the US oone. Flash is designed for making websites flashier, as a tool. Not for having entire front ends in it. The second problem is, a flash-based website cant actually be rated as secure for financial based transactions according to net standards. (Yeah I looked up the current standards after my original post on war-alliance hoping the account pages were something more stable and hack-proof) The *third* issue is that flash is just slower and unreliable when dealing with large amounts of connections at once.

Any decent web developer or experienced programmer (with online transactions) would have pointed this out. So all I can assume is someone did and was ignored.

I could go on..but this was actually pointed out months and months ago. Over a year even. So some people (self not included, I dont really feel the need to point out other peoples obvious mistakes to their faces) feel they have a right to go 'I told you so'.

Helehuianu

Fledgling Freddie
Good evening!

-Magnus

Do not believe you. You have lost your credibility with me. I would not touch a GOA credit card system with yours.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Do not believe you. You have lost your credibility with me. I would not touch a GOA credit card system with yours.

may i remind you that all financial transaction are not done over the GOA website but handled by a third party ?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Yeh i do feel for both of em also, that said they are the front end of Goa, so it's only natural that they have to face the shit thrown at Goa even if not their fault -.-

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Nevermind GOA looking bad, all the flamers make us gamers look bad.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Nevermind GOA looking bad, all the flamers make us gamers look bad.

Absolutely. Looking at the shameful crap on here and on WHA I wonder how many prosecutions could be successfully brought against the idiots who are exercising their free speech.

Deadringer

Fledgling Freddie
hi guys,

Not been on this forum long but Iain and Magnus have done an excellent job keeping us up to date with War beta matters, thanks alot guys!

Dead

Scorba

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, bit sad that this is all the pro csr stuff that can be mustered. Nothing against you guys personally though my mothers dead cat could have give a better impression of contingency planning than GOA did yesterday.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, bit sad that this is all the pro csr stuff that can be mustered. Nothing against you guys personally though my mothers dead cat could have give a better impression of contingency planning than GOA did yesterday.

Nothing personal against you here Scorba but maybe rational adult people have pm'd or emailed their thanks to Magnus and Iain over the very difficult job they are doing at a very stressful time rather than doing what the typical irate child here is currently doing which is flooding the forum with useless crap at a time when a quality community resource is really needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom