I changed oppion about zerg's

D

Draylor

Ah Filip's just trying to justify the 4 minstrel group he had yesterday ;)

O

old.Filip

glad some ppl see the point..

and to the guy who talk about more fun in 1fg vs 1fg ... plz read the post again... i talk to groups who cant compete in 1fg vs 1fg .....

and about you getting steamrolled ... then move out of the zone or make a zerg..

V

vintervargen

filip,

large scale fights are great fun... if they are somewhat even

thing is there is veeeeeery seldom say 6fg vs 6fg at amg, there is always one bigger force who pretty much steamrolls the other :mad:

R

Robin the Brave

Nice post, i totally agree, this is war, we have the larger army, lets crush the ****ers

Originally posted by Kobold
Thats post is just stupid lol

and LandShark fo :rolleyes:

stupid because, if Albion decided we finally dont care about zerging and do it like the rest of you :p you would be crushed day and night by our elite warder army :p

sounds fun to me

N

-Nuked-

Originally posted by Robin the Brave

stupid because, if Albion decided we finally dont care about zerging and do it like the rest of you :p you would be crushed day and night by our elite warder army :p

sounds fun to me

you dont care about zerging :p you do it every evening anyway, and its not us who do the zerging so you cant rightly do it like 'the rest of us'. lastly you would crush us day and night by your elite zerg of no hopers and then everyone will join avoid the zerg coz no 1 can be arsed with it any more. think a little ahead

and to the guy who talk about more fun in 1fg vs 1fg ... plz read the post again... i talk to groups who cant compete in 1fg vs 1fg
and hibs cant compete in 7fgs vs 1fg. whats your point? if you cant handle 1fg vs 1fg bring 2fgs .. there is no need for a relic raid army to run up and down emain just coz you got your ass kicked by a guild group! 100 people with no skills killing 8 people with skill doesnt make it skillful.

T

Talifer

I agree with Rugged and Bracken here.

If you aren't in a RvR guild who are dedicated enough to reroll to the right classes in order to win then you WILL die to a guild who is. I get tired of hearing whines from such RvR guilds who say RvR is ruined because of the zergs, well RvR is ruined for most people by your guilds. Like Bracken says if you want good 1fg vs 1fg action then arrange a time and a place with another RvR guild and do it, don't camp an enemy portal keep and kill groups of 2-4 people who haven't even got to the milegate yet. You don't want fair action you want mucho rps. Random groups just want to meet other random groups because these are fun fights, at the moment this just isn't possible, because there will always be 1 or 2 RvR guilds with a fg in the zone you are in, at peak times this is more like 3-5 RvR guilds (of enemy realms) the chances of you getting a fair fight are slim.

I'm all for a zone which is not accessable to anyone who has made x that week (where x is say 40k rps), where random groups can fight random groups

The most amusing thing on these boards is whining from people in guilds who used to run around in 2fg complaining that people should run around as 1fg.

N

-Nuked-

but is zerging the answer? its not like you would get much of a fight!

D

dakeyras

Originally posted by -Nuked-
100 people with no skills killing 8 people with skill doesnt make it skillful.

And 8 RR7-10 killing 8 RR1-3 is skill?

And RR7-10 doesn't mean you are skillful...it means you play more

S

Silenzio

Originally posted by old.Filip

will never get a fair chance in 1fg vs 1fg becuase nower days daoc is ruled by the tanks..

mmm if so... wonder why in more than a year on albion
everytime my 50 pole goes out have to wait ages or go solo
stuffed ov not groupin ppl

maybe is true daoc is ruled by tank... but sems none want a tank in group ... only if he is a paladin...

mmm

N

-Nuked-

well if you play more your more likely to be skilled in your class, or atleast a little faster, no?

it will never be 100% balanced but killing 1fg of RR1-3 with 1FG of RR7-10 is better then 100 RR1-3 killing 1fg of RR7-10 its equally as unskilled

tbh im usually not bothered if albs out number us by just 1fg but often that isnt the case

RvR is gimped because of the lack of equal numbers/RR RvR but as i pointed out above out numbering a group 7:1 because they are a GG doesnt make it any more fun anyway. and if you gain enjoyment from touring emain with 100 people maybe getting the chance to hit someone once in an hour go for it. its your money :rolleyes:

edit: actually i just realised its my money also :( ah well keep doing it and ill shut up quit and you wont have to read my crap anymore :p that will get a zerg out for sure :)

T

Tyka

Hmm I see your point Filip but have you ever thought about the other realms? If you remember the start of daoc, hib was _NOTHING_ compared to mids/albs, albs were clearly the best realm and mids after, hibs always lost and ran back to crim behind their CC.

I agree with you that every guy should play the game the way they want, but not everyone can have these great big fights you are talking about, our way to deal with it would be to run as smaller groups and take out alb groups that been splitting from the zerg.

We got no choice, you do. And someday, you will get tired of zerging.

E

Edohadien

ok. thik this post has reached its end

No comment :p

D

dakeyras

it will never be 100% balanced but killing 1fg of RR1-3 with 1FG of RR7-10 is better then 100 RR1-3 killing 1fg of RR7-10 its equally as unskilled

Works both ways.

What fun is it for those RR1-3? Those who don't have a strong Guild to back them up and let them leech enough rps to get stronger themselves.

There is only 1 solution. Scrap RA's imo. Scrap RAs and get back to the Realm oriented wars we used to have.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by skile
I agree, the only thing we see out there are well balanced mid and hib grps, mostly guild-ones. And albs, we do random grps, lack clerics. Hell, lets zerg. We get the rps and the mids/Hibs the challenge.

Cause I won't put up to getting pawned fg vs fg just cause they like it like that. Na, zerg4tehwin.

If u wanna roam alone as an albgrp, well, just tell the other grps that.

Get zerging, have fun.

you dont get much rps zerging ppl, and you ruin rvr for everyone else, because when albs zerg, they sit on mmg or amg. (not like mids/hibs dont, but whatever)

Zerging CAN be fun, when there are about equal numbers, not when albs field 160 sheep in emain and swarm mids/hibs that run in 1fg/2fg :puke:

if you cant make balanced groups, go 2fg's, or 3 so the overpowered hibs/mids atleast have SOME chance, and you might get more then 13rps pr kill, dont fucking make an ass-ring of 160 albs and sit on mmg wanking eachother like you normally do.

N

-Nuked-

Originally posted by dakeyras
Works both ways.

What fun is it for those RR1-3? Those who don't have a strong Guild to back them up and let them leech enough rps to get stronger themselves.

There is only 1 solution. Scrap RA's imo. Scrap RAs and get back to the Realm oriented wars we used to have.

giv level up instead of RAs imo RR2-51 RR3-52 etc. worth a try. o and these lvl ups dont show VS mobs.

C

cleeve

This cracks me up tbh.

The problem here is the perception of fun. Some people enjoy zerging I think - and whether you think that's fair, fun, sad, lame is irrelevent. Tbh the only person whose opinion matters is the person who zergs as it is their opinion that drives the decision to zerg or not.

All thats left is to complain about how x y or z is ruining the game. At the end of the day there are a number of options open to you

counter zerg

go elsewhere

log out and play something else

You want fairness? Join the boy scouts. There is never an even playing ground - skill, dedication, equipment, connection, route to server all have an effect. Imo its a red herring to start throwing the fair word around. It's subjective with everyone having their own take on what a 'fair' fight is.

I neither support nor criticise zergers or zerging. I just accept that its part of the game, as are the RVR focused guilds and the occasional mupp player you run into.

I do think the point of this thread is bang on tho. Whatever it is that is fun in daoc - do it - its pointless to play a game and not have fun.

M

R

Rollie_David

zerging isnt really fun, but neither is running in a mixed guild group and getting beat easy by a pure rvr guild who then claim <insert guild name here> suck, albion also has it much much tougher than the other realms when it comes to getting a balanced group also i.e.

5 needed for balanced rvr group
4 needed for mid
3 for hib

Albion has a much tougher time aquiring the classes needed since they are more spread. This is why you will find albion more zergy than other realms, not because they are worse players (pressing the albion icon when u first load it up doesnt suddenly change your gaming skills), but because waiting at a TK for all 5 of those classes to appear and not already be grouped could take all night, and since alot of people are casual gamers they just dont want to be spending there only free gametime stood at a portal keep waiting for the perfect group.

If anyone has played alb/hib or alb/middy and are honest they can vouch for this.

Albion has the tools, its just getting all them tools together at once which is the problem.

N

-Nuked-

Originally posted by mongoose/revor
This cracks me up tbh.

The problem here is the perception of fun. Some people enjoy zerging I think - and whether you think that's fair, fun, sad, lame is irrelevent. Tbh the only person whose opinion matters is the person who zergs as it is their opinion that drives the decision to zerg or not.

All thats left is to complain about how x y or z is ruining the game. At the end of the day there are a number of options open to you

counter zerg

go elsewhere

log out and play something else

You want fairness? Join the boy scouts. There is never an even playing ground - skill, dedication, equipment, connection, route to server all have an effect. Imo its a red herring to start throwing the fair word around. It's subjective with everyone having their own take on what a 'fair' fight is.

I neither support nor criticise zergers or zerging. I just accept that its part of the game, as are the RVR focused guilds and the occasional mupp player you run into.

I do think the point of this thread is bang on tho. Whatever it is that is fun in daoc - do it - its pointless to play a game and not have fun.

M

for those of us here who are not from albion and wish to understand the mind of an alb, what is so fun about zerging? sorry im clueless as to what it can be. not skillful, its not like you get loads of ppl to kill, cant be for the rps, and you got the other 2 realms screaming "noob" at you every day!
1. no point in counter zerging when you cant get that many people or people cant be arsed to fight in that lag
2. why should everyone else move for your zerg? (when i saw your i dont litrally mean your)
3. it can go either way, if you guys dont wana go 1fg vs 1fg why dont you log out anbd play something else?

you have your own frontier zone how about zerg HW and anyone from hib or mid who loves to zerg also goes there. i know emain is the best frontier but whine would be 90%less if you took it to HW as hibs dont have to go there. sorta like immigration :p how would you react if someone from another country came to yours, caused chaos and when you complain about it, they tell you ..."if you dont like it go somewhere else" (i know its 1 of these gay RL examples but it seems a similar comparison)

G

Glottis_Xanadu

for those of us here who are not from albion and wish to understand the mind of an alb, what is so fun about zerging? sorry im clueless as to what it can be. not skillful, its not like you get loads of ppl to kill, cant be for the rps, and you got the other 2 realms screaming "noob" at you every day!

Zerging is the most fun Albions can have without having an overpowered class of their own.
Simply said, Alb fg's cannot compete 1 vs 1 against hibs or mids. So in order to have any fun, Albion has to zerg.

Hibs and Mids can't understand this, cause of their uber enchanter, bards healing for more than most clerics, or savage 2 hitting people, unbuffed zerkers hitting for 600hp, insane CC on a chain wearing kobbie. Stuff like that.
So this way, Albions don't have to farm cash to keep on buying neckies, and feed Mids and Hibs endless streams of rp's.
Regards, Glottis

N

-Nuked-

cant beat us 1fg vs 1fg? ... so you make 6fg's? isnt it logical to just try 2FG's next vs that 1fg?

R

Rollie_David

for those of us here who are not from albion and wish to understand the mind of an alb, what is so fun about zerging? sorry im clueless as to what it can be. not skillful,

this game doesnt require skill, it requires 8 or 16 people to play the classes needed to be as close to perfect as you can for this game.

If your a casual gamer you might not have time to wait about for the "perfect" balanced group so you join whatever is running to still play and enjoy the game.

N

-Nuked-

well every night there is a zerg, of 5fg's+ albs usually .. does that mean that if all these casual players became full timers you would have 15FGs zerging emain every day rather then the 5+?

surely you can still run with what ever is available but at the same time keep the numbers reasonable? i wont argue about the fact you can not beat a hib/mid group 1fg vs 1fg .. but i still dont see why you need to double our numbers to win, as its clear you do not.

T

Talifer

for those of us here who are not from albion and wish to understand the mind of an alb, what is so fun about zerging? sorry im clueless as to what it can be. not skillful, its not like you get loads of ppl to kill, cant be for the rps...

Running as 1fg of random albs and getting killed by a RvR guild fg before you even reach amg = zero rps = zero fun

Waiting for more groups before you set off and zerging the RvR guild fg with 5fg = More than zero rps = more than zero fun

Can I make it any easier to understand?

Talifer

N

-Nuked-

Originally posted by Talifer
Running as 1fg of random albs and getting killed by a RvR guild fg before you even reach amg = zero rps = zero fun

Waiting for more groups before you set off and zerging the RvR guild fg with 5fg = More than zero rps = more than zero fun

Can I make it any easier to understand?
Talifer

:rolleyes: and wating for more ppl and setting off and hitting the RvR guild with 2fg = more than zero rps and more rps then u would get with 5fgs = more fun then both getting owned with 1fg and owning with 5fgs .. is that easy enough to understand :rolleyes:
unless some of you missed the point. you dont need to out number a group 10:1 to win 2:1 keeps everyone happy and you gain more rps if thats what u want and 2:1 is also safe enough to be fun and give the enemy the chance to also win. but at the same time gives your chance of victory a higher %.

ok im not getting very far apart from in my post count so ill just leave u guys 2 it :rolleyes c u in emain

T

Talifer

surely you can still run with what ever is available but at the same time keep the numbers reasonable? i wont argue about the fact you can not beat a hib/mid group 1fg vs 1fg .. but i still dont see why you need to double our numbers to win, as its clear you do not.

Does a RvR guild need a fg of high RR players to win over a random group of RR3 albs? So why don't they split and attack as 4 people? Because they aren't interested in a fair fight, so why should the zerg offer them such curtesy? They attack inferior targets who have no hope of winning, then when their opponents band together and reverse the odds they complain ;)

Talifer

N

-Nuked-

LOL just gota say thats the stupidest responce i have heard yet. nvm :)

F

Fagane

I think for me the question is more, what do I consider zerging...

6FG ganking 1FG is clearly zerging and I have little joy in it (both sides).

Big epic battles of 6FG vs 6FG and continous combat, adds of more groups, other realm lurking around.... And the compleet battle takes 10+ minutes....

I could (and do) like that in a group that does _in_combat_res_

Fagane

B

Bellona

Brave Sir Filip :D

i like big fights... i remember some of the first keeptakes, and relic raids i attended.. i was amused about the large scale battles, zerg.. well.. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom