PS4 I caved...

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
SO i caved in and brought a ps4, i didn't have a ps3(had a 360) so i went with the last of us remastered bundle as i had heard quite good stuff about the game.

Having now finished it i must say it is quite possibly one of the best games i have played in along time.

thought i would share :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah its a phenomenal game, played it on PS3.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Yup TLOU is a great game, but I don't think the ps4 is good value right now :p

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
YOU FUCKING BOUGHT IT YOU DIDNT BROUGHT ITHATEHAYTHJAJQRYTJH5q3

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Friend and I are still waiting for each other to buy a console..

I imagine it's going to be the cheapest/best bundle console we both see when Fifa 15 is released :|

ECA

I am a FH squatter
When it drops to 250 or so I'll prob pick one up just for bloodborne. Although I will wait and see if its a good souls game first, if its dark/demon souls quality fine, if its dark souls 2 standard then I won't.

Starman

Part of the furniture
Ah welcome Jimmy :)

You'll have to post your PSN id so we can add you.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah I saw that but I have sort of gone off the idea, still a shocking lack of exclusive software.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
sigh. You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
Putting aside the lack of exclusive software, from what i've seen it's a superior platform to the xbox one at the moment, so...

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Putting aside the lack of exclusive software, from what i've seen it's a superior platform to the xbox one at the moment, so...

We knew that prelaunch just from hardware specs.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
We knew that prelaunch just from hardware specs.
Specs don't tell the whole story though do they they?
in the PS3/X360 generation the PS3 should have been vastly superior to the 360, but I have both and I far prefer the 360 for almost everything.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
They do tell the whole story, everyone knew PS3 was retarded - even prelaunch.
Cell Architecture to replicate ps1/ps2 where it took time for devs to learn so they could get better looking games as the console life went on, ie making it more difficult for some arbitrary reason - every single multiplatform game was developed w/ xbox360 as the lead platform then ported to ps3 because of that bullshit.

It was a good price for a bluray player on release though, and that helped it sell a lot more units than it would've done.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

Aye but I am a member of the PC master race so any console would just be a curiosity :)

I do agree that PS4 is far superior to the X-Bone 180 but I just don't think I would use it enough to justify buying one. Most games come out on all platforms and naturally look and play better on PC.

I also agree that PS3 made an excellent media player but disk media is dead now and I get a better media player with a £20 chromecast.

*The next drake may make me buy a PS4 though!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Disk media is only dead if you love being hostage to the console manufacturers prices. I wouldn't buy a game from the play store etc cause they usually more expensive then getting the disk and also takes less room up on the console if you use a disk.

Disk media is mostly obsolete on pc tho. But there's a lot of people still buy movies on disk.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
They do tell the whole story, everyone knew PS3 was retarded - even prelaunch.
Cell Architecture to replicate ps1/ps2 where it took time for devs to learn so they could get better looking games as the console life went on, ie making it more difficult for some arbitrary reason - every single multiplatform game was developed w/ xbox360 as the lead platform then ported to ps3 because of that bullshit.

It was a good price for a bluray player on release though, and that helped it sell a lot more units than it would've done.
ironically, this i why i actually bought it, and didn't buy a single ps3 game for more than 18 months.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
Aye but I am a member of the PC master race so any console would just be a curiosity :)

I do agree that PS4 is far superior to the X-Bone 180 but I just don't think I would use it enough to justify buying one. Most games come out on all platforms and naturally look and play better on PC.

I also agree that PS3 made an excellent media player but disk media is dead now and I get a better media player with a £20 chromecast.

*The next drake may make me buy a PS4 though!
well yeh, i've got a shithot gaming pc too, but that doesn't change the fact that i'm loving the ps4 and it has a place in my life.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
Disk media is only dead if you love being hostage to the console manufacturers prices. I wouldn't buy a game from the play store etc cause they usually more expensive then getting the disk and also takes less room up on the console if you use a disk.

Disk media is mostly obsolete on pc tho. But there's a lot of people still buy movies on disk.
indeed. one thing i noticed though having spent several months researching PS4 and XBone is that if you shop around, use deals sites and wait for sales you can get major name games at prices comparable to, or better than the PC equivalent. TBH now I have more of a choice on what platform I buy something... I'm not just stuck with the PC version, which may not necessarily be the best for ME.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

Its obsolete in everything, films, music games.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
poor them...

It was obsolete for me when I was on 1.5meg

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
man, 1.5 meg, I couldn't imagine that any more. i'm getting 125-150mbit/sec these days. for less than i used to pay for 0.5mbit/sec

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
man, 1.5 meg, I couldn't imagine that any more. i'm getting 125-150mbit/sec these days. for less than i used to pay for 0.5mbit/sec

On 75 myself. but the point is, disk media is a thing of the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom