i cant believe how dead this forum has got
i havnt loged on for a while but when i used to it was full
ha ha ha now im glad i cancelled my sub after the first mounth
how can you play a mmorpg if there is no one else to play with

i cant believe how badly this game floped
just hope that FFXI doesnt go the same way

O

Old Nicodemus

Well.. best tell that to the thousands who still play the game then ;)

F

Faeldawn

Really amazes me how some people will play any old rubbish and pay for it :)

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Old Nicodemus
Yes.. just look at Dark Age.. :p

Aye, only has the most active mmorpg community in the western world.....

O

Old Nicodemus

my point exactly.. one mans rubbish is another mans gold. Each to their own. ;)

O

old.Dillinja

Originally posted by dresscode
i cant believe how badly this game floped
just hope that FFXI doesnt go the same way

It won't. You can actually find other people.

F

Faeldawn

Re: Re: i cant believe how dead this forum has got

Originally posted by old.Dillinja
It won't. You can actually find other people.

In space, no one can hear you :sleeping: ;)

D

dresscode

to be fare it was a good game for the a while but after that it got real boring as there was nothing much to do. I think the problem was that it didnt deliver what it promised such as being able to have your corps own space station. In the end i realised i was paying real money just to play a game to make fake money. If you still like it then good for you but not for me.

F

Faeldawn

The concept of the game was superb, however the part-time dev team was a mistake imo.

During beta they put around great ideas about armada fights, players being able to own their own space stations and set-up commerce trade routes, being able to create their own warp gates and charge others to use them and a lot more that i forget now.

Sadly these never happened :(

G

Greef

I can't believe how dead all the barrysworld forums have got.

I can't beleve barrysworld is going to die.

B

baerf

Was this ever a central hub of activity for EVE? I remember looking at this forum a few months back (might of been 6 months ago) and saw very little activity here.

Eve-i is the place for forums or the official eve forums, but they are pretty bad (think barryswhine, but worse).

As for their promises. Well, you make what you want of it. I joined at release (as well as being a beta tester) and loved the 3 months i spent there, however it did get old fast, and left. Came back about a month ago, and seriously enjoying it again.

And stations will be in, they are supposed to be coming in the next "patch-expansion", like the castor patch which (i think) has an amazing impact on the game such as the introduction of Tech II and the ship changes (flying a frigate is fun and a blast and has a nice stratigic value now).

And i'm not sure what you meant by the "part-time dev crew" comment, personally, with all the MMORPG's i've played i've not seen a more active and hadworking devteam than CCP. They are small and working their buts off. And to that i salute them.

And lastly, i though EQ was the number one MMORPG in the western world (Europe and America)? EQ had 400k subs a month or so ago, and Dark age (including Europe) had 250k subs. And if ou take into account FF-Online (currently at 300k and rising) then that would put Dark Age in 3rd place.

I dunno part-time devs CCP are considered, and yet at the time of writing this, Excal for Daoc has been down since lastnight (not over 24 hours) and not one update from GOA(t) about when it might be back up...

Not a fan-boi in the slightest, i can (and have) leave any MMORPG in an instant, but CCP are doing everywell i think, and so far i'm quite excited about the future of EVE. If you look at the EVE-i charts you'll see its picked up again (in terms of people logging in) to be around 5.5k users online at around 7-8pm GMT. A few months ago it was around 4k.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread