I am sorry....

W

Will

Originally posted by Jonaldo
edit: I just took the time to read through all those articles, some dating back to over a year old.
None have any real substance and no quotes from Bush about actually making these 'mini-nukes' so all in all pretty tame reading. I don't think anyone would be worried about those.
:rolleyes: I can but provide sources.

Z

.z.

The biggest threat to world peace is the US.

As has been said, North Korea react rather than act.....and any nuclear capabilities they do have will be limited to their immediate region (they simply cannot afford to develop ICBMs).

They pose no threat to the US directly....but the US will still attempt to destroy North Korea.

The United States is just slow; we had our imperial age about 200 years ago, as did the rest of Europe.

The problem with the US being so imperialist now is the abundance of chemical/biological/nuclear weapons, and the downright jingoism present in the Bush administration.

D

Deadmanwalking

Thinking that the nuclear, chemical or biological weapons going off on the other side of the world will not affect us... you are gravely mistaken. So what if they don't directly hit London or Washington?

Besides the environmental effects which are likely to wipe us all out anyway. Think about where in the world the North Koreans are.

If it came to nuclear warfare with the Americans involved noone would be safe, it's a fact known the world over.

F

Flamin_Squirrel

I was 100% against it for your information and still to this day don't understand what we sent soldiers out there for and why we still have them there.

For the very good reason of supporting the USA.

Z

.z.

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking
Thinking that the nuclear, chemical or biological weapons going off on the other side of the world will not affect us... you are gravely mistaken. So what if they don't directly hit London or Washington?

Besides the environmental effects which are likely to wipe us all out anyway. Think about where in the world the North Koreans are.

If it came to nuclear warfare with the Americans involved noone would be safe, it's a fact known the world over.

I didn't mean it wouldn't have any effect; it would, if the DPRK launches nukes at anyone it is most likely to be Japan (nearly central to the world's economy).

My point is that North Korea is unlikely to anything like that unless provoked....they wanted to talk to the US through Britain not that long ago, if you remember - but the US declined.

M

~Mobius~

I guessed you was drunk but I never understand how people manage to make these supposedly drunk threads. You manage to turn your pc on, and get onto Barrysworld, and then suddenly turn into a slob. :)

M

mank

Is anyone else terrified of the US? It's only a matter of time before they put their nose where it's not wanted and someone reacts majorly and we've got a full scale nuclear war on our hands.

Going off topic slightly, sorry.

F

Flamin_Squirrel

Originally posted by mank
Is anyone else terrified of the US? It's only a matter of time before they put their nose where it's not wanted and someone reacts majorly and we've got a full scale nuclear war on our hands.

Going off topic slightly, sorry.

There wont be a full scale nuclear war. Terrorists detonating a small device would be more plausable, but that wouldnt trigger full scale war. Explosives or a biochemical attack is more likely. Still, while the US is agrivating even more people, it takes the heat off us.

M

mank

Originally posted by Flamin_Squirrel
Still, while the US is agrivating even more people, it takes the heat off us.

Until Tony decides to back up his bumchum come hell or highwater!

F

Flamin_Squirrel

Originally posted by mank
Until Tony decides to back up his bumchum come hell or highwater!

hehe, yeah you might be right, but i think America will receive a greater proportion of the hatred in the forseable future.

M

mank

hehe, yeah you might be right, but i think America will receive a greater proportion of the hatred in the forseable future.

Problem is, if we affiliate ourselves so closely with the US we're going to cop an equal amount of it eventually.

F

Flamin_Squirrel

Thankfully the presance of our troops probably pails into insignificance the thousands of stupid rednecks riding in on their humvees waving american flags, shooting anything that moves and yelling "yeehaw!" :D

K

kameleon

Thankfully the presance of our troops probably pails into insignificance the thousands of stupid rednecks riding in on their humvees waving american flags, shooting anything that moves and yelling "yeehaw!" :D
alabama on a saturday?

J

Jonaldo

hey it's not worth worrying about, really.
By the time the USA is finished researching any new weapons fully, Mr Bush will be voted out and if any new President considers even testing nuclear weapons let alone unleashing them then they will have a shorter career than a short range kamikaze tutor.

There is no impending nuclear disaster and really not many countries could afford to get into any large scale military action just right now.

S

Sir Frizz

There is no impending nuclear disaster and really not many countries could afford to get into any large scale military action just right now.

When it comes to nukes, no-one could, ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom