I am dumb

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, after reading a bit about overclocking my gfx card I decided to give it a try to see if I could get the farcry demo to run any faster...so I downloaded powerstrip and began to play! After overclocking it, quake3 actually ran 2fps slower and had artifacts, as did farcry..I gave up and put the values back down to what I think are the normal values... Problem is, the machine now runs ok, but seems to crash more than it used to, it just locks up and stops doing anything...

Now does anyone know if i can re-set the core memory and the engine back to its default values some how? or, does anyone know the default core clock speeds for the memory on a gf4 ti4200?

Thanks guys

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
The speeds for the GF4 4200 varies on the producer: Mine defaulted to 250/500 I think, though I've had it stable at 275/580 using RivaTuner. Mine is an Abit model.

RivaTuner actually has a "defaults" button, maybe you could install and use that if you can't find the information from anywhere else.

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
You dont mention the make of the graphics card, check the manufacturers website for utilities that change clock speeds and use there default values.

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Annoyingly I cant remember who made it, i think its xgamer or something like that, it had an x in it somewhere, ironically i threw the box away only a week ago :(

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the help guys, I think I was just being over anxious, found out its a xfx ti4200 with defaults of 250/500..and overclocking it should make a difference but it doesnt seem to improve mine much, i have however found it does exaclt the same fps in quake3 at maximum detail at 1280x1024 as it does with lowest detail at 640x480 which I thought was interesting

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom