i aint spent the last 7 years just to be treated like this....

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
why this tho?

TBH I'd rather not be able to type properly but be able to spell

His previous question wasnt exactly riddled, was quite clear

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
This thread gives me PAIN.

I'm sending throd in with a shotteh to sort everyone one out.

Infact, I have a plan - i'm going to post another relationship thread in the general forum as a decoy to this PISH. Oh... and after reading lec's IRC log, my opinion of Brooky is now in the toilet - and to have the gaul to bl33t in here after that barrage.

You English are all fannies tbh ;). (back me up here leggy)

Utini

Can't get enough of FH
You English are all fannies tbh
Cmon G, you wouldn't know a fanny if it hit you in the face. In fact you've been waiting for precisely that for years!

Throddy with a shotty after us...quick cover your eyes, if you can't see him, he'll think he cant see you! (or was that the bugblatterbeast of traal)

mank!

Part of the furniture
good lord. i wish i hadn't wasted my time reading this.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
rofl "you look like a peado". classic line.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
good lord. i wish i hadn't wasted my time reading this.

Then why compound the error by taking up even more of your precious time to post that ^^ ?

:p

Not convinced by the log to be fair - it doesnt make a difference either way what I think but since everyone else is in here doing it, I'll add my thoughts too:

While perhaps its true that brooky shouldnt have gone off like that, it could also be said that lecter was giving as good as he got in that log (de-opping, killing his irc connection, etc). All brooky did was push back - too hard maybe, but he was pushed first.

I dont see whats so upsetting about brookys "RL threats zomg", as everyone is going to great pains to say, IRC isnt FH, and its always seemed to me that on the FH irc channel the normal FH rules tend to get bent a little, while brookys rant might not have been acceptable, I dont see why people are reacting as if it was the textual equivelant of 9/11.

and now that he's g-lined, he cant be in the KEA public chat channel either - so brooky is now banned from places that have little to do with FH or lecter.

I just dont think this is as one sided as some are making out. Brooky may be in the wrong, but lecter aint exactly the messiah either(unless this is the second coming and no ones told me?).

raw

One of Freddy's beloved
I liked brooky, not that i ever talked to him much on irc but he always answered any questions i fired at the channel.

Not that im taking sides or anything however G-Lining him for the above mentioned log is way OTT.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Is this thread necroed because i am getting serious de ja vu.

And they say all the drama is in the DAoC forums...

Clown

Part of the furniture
No, they say all the dick heads are on the DAoC forums...

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
But appropriate when the oldest CS kiddie in town is acting like a 12 year old ...

Me? Acting like a 12 year old.... that's like... way cool!!! :england:

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
jupitus can you possibly block me from this instead of daoc ot?

Kryten

Old Cow.
My opinion on how any oper treats users on an IRC network is simple.
If it wasn't for them, the network wouldn't exist.
The opers either supply hardware and bandwidth, or supply a wealth of knowledge, diplomacy and rule-keeping.
Some are less strict than others, some are entirely idle, some are happy to sit in the background and provide whatever service they are to the network. At the end of the day, if you wan't to stay in the place they provide for you, don't upset them.
The same would apply here - as much as you might dislike a mod here, it's not entirely wise to pick a fight. For instance, if you want to call Deebs a ****, expect pain and bannage. It's his place.

Yeah theres rules and so on, but you can't just piss off the people that make them ;)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
My opinion on how any oper treats users on an IRC network is simple.
If it wasn't for them, the network wouldn't exist.
The opers either supply hardware and bandwidth, or supply a wealth of knowledge, diplomacy and rule-keeping.
Some are less strict than others, some are entirely idle, some are happy to sit in the background and provide whatever service they are to the network. At the end of the day, if you wan't to stay in the place they provide for you, don't upset them.
The same would apply here - as much as you might dislike a mod here, it's not entirely wise to pick a fight. For instance, if you want to call Deebs a ****, expect pain and bannage. It's his place.

Yeah theres rules and so on, but you can't just piss off the people that make them ;)

Which is why opers should probably keep their mouths shut and not get drawn into arguments in the first place. If you have power, it behoves you not to put yourself in a situation where you can be accused of abusing it. Brooky's overreaction was massive, and its understandable that he was g-lined, but, Lecter was winding him up in the first place, something he shouldn't have been doing when he's in a position of power.

This kind of thing is always the problem with networks run by volunteers. On FH, a balance seems to have been reached (after a looong time, going back to the BW days), where people know their limits and the mods have a light touch and generally most people have respect for each other; on IRC this ain't the case, and of course the pace of conversation on IRC will always mean things can explode and get out of control quite quickly. Hell, I've had to deal with problems in 'the real world' caused by IRC bullshit that had nothing to do with me.

Of course, some people might say things were a lot more exciting when the mods had wield their ban sticks more frequently; it used to be like the wild west around here, now its more like a country club ;)

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Which is why opers should probably keep their mouths shut and not get drawn into arguments in the first place. If you have power, it behoves you not to put yourself in a situation where you can be accused of abusing it. Brooky's overreaction was massive, and its understandable that he was g-lined, but, Lecter was winding him up in the first place, something he shouldn't have been doing when he's in a position of power.

This kind of thing is always the problem with networks run by volunteers. On FH, a balance seems to have been reached (after a looong time, going back to the BW days), where people know their limits and the mods have a light touch and generally most people have respect for each other; on IRC this ain't the case, and of course the pace of conversation on IRC will always mean things can explode and get out of control quite quickly. Hell, I've had to deal with problems in 'the real world' caused by IRC bullshit that had nothing to do with me.

Of course, some people might say things were a lot more exciting when the mods had wield their ban sticks more frequently; it used to be like the wild west around here, now its more like a country club ;)

haha well said indeed :)

The ol' shootin' irons have been packed away for far too long :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Brooky didn't cross the line though. There were no cockbadgers involved.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
To be honest, I've always thought brooky was a cock.

Nothing I've read tonight has disproved that.

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
i wanna know what he's spent the last 7 years doing

"i aint spent the last 7 years [doing an activity] just to be treated like this...."

for example

"i aint spent the last 7 years [planning a robbery] just to be treated like this...." [cut out of the deal]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom