Hydra Raid 8th April 17.00 gmt

Ceraniel

Loyal Freddie
As far as i am aware Hydra is one of the bosses people of excalibur have yet to get down. Hydra at the bottom of Fomor in Shrouded Isles so this will also be a great opportunity for players to get to see a new side of Hibernia. Hydra has been done with 7fg on an American server though i am confident we can manage with a few less groups. Dont take easy on it though as it hit my warden today for over 2400dmg in under 1 second. Hydra is the same level as the Dragon though appears alot worse.

Meet: Aalid Feie
Time: 8th April 16.30 gmt
BG will be on randomdotcom from 16.15
Loot: Regular lotto at the end

The road to the final Boss was pretested today by Evolution and can be done by a well led 6 man group. Though when attempting Hydra we got our asses kicked.

Please sign up and bump this post as forummods seem to be sleeping constantly, and for me to see how many people will show up

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
He has been killed at least twice on excal. But we never got any loot from it as the zone always crashed when he died.
However it's a nice encounter so I might show up to kill old 5 head.

Danita

Bertram

Fledgling Freddie
think this is a super duper Idea m8! Allways wantet to crack his sorry ass...

I will be there ;)

Cheers..

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
I might come along :) hopefully we are now uber enough to kill it without a zone crash zerg.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
nice one man, i was talking about the fact we should drop this thing.

would like to come alone, can bring like 2 ml10 animist, or ml10 fop druid+hero or bain or ranger.

whatever is needed.

perhaps post about tactics with screenies and stuff if you can get them.

Is this mob like shroomable???

tierk

Part of the furniture
Ok with me Ml10 ani or ml10 (covoker) Druid or a ml10 Bm whatever u need.

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Ah..I remember pling lowbie Black Scorpion guildies back in formor on the path to Hydra..we had never gone that deep before and we were a hero druid enchanter enchanter and random leechs ..we got down that far after man handling a load of purple mobs and snowslash felt confident this Hydra could be focus pulled ..we all /released within 30 seconds of attemtping it ;D great fun ..ill be there :D

Come on punishment :p we owe him one ..roleplay !!

Dreadclaw

Fledgling Freddie
For info about this mob: You must kill 1 head at time, and using catapults does more damage then anything else on this guy!, also using frost/cold shots on him seems to do more damage then normal shots do, Heads can ress themself after about 20-30 minutes, so if u want it the easy or the hard way is up to you..

Hard = kill 1 head after another!

Easy = Damage all heads down to 5%, then kill them 1 by 1

Ceraniel

Loyal Freddie
Censi, we`ll put the tactics up as soon as they are decided. As far as i know they fixxed the catapult line of sight on him, but if dread says that still works i`ll pop down and check

Ceraniel

Loyal Freddie
Ceraniel said:
Censi, we`ll put the tactics up as soon as they are decided. As far as i know they fixxed the catapult line of sight on him, but if dread says that still works i`ll pop down and check

KK went down again today with a group to check tactics, will post it all in the morning as i am tired and cba now

Anvar

Fledgling Freddie
Its at the weekend but ill see if I can make it, either with Anvar / Rache, hopefully cya there.

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
im up for this ! .. v good idea u roleplay gimpo shiv ! <3 :twak:

Elediel

Fledgling Freddie
Sure sounds fun..I'll bring Elediel ml10 convoker or Kneehigh 49 ranger..whichever u need ;) Should be fun to get revenge...he has kicked me outta town before :( but if u don't get beat..u can't have revenge ;)

Ceraniel

Loyal Freddie
Here is all you need to know(hopefully) about the raid

Basic Raid rules:
Most of you have been on raids before so i wont bother typing all of that a few things needs to be pointed out as this is a SI raid. First off all i dont want any complaints at the quality or utility of drops, as most elders know, we had to cope with much worse before SI and the items from fomor went for a fortune in the early days. Second of all, with all due respect to Mythic, but the coding in Fomor is terrible.... If you can`t find a bug down there you are most likely blind. The coding issue makes it extremely hard to /stick anyone as you will get stuck or draw massive amounts of aggro to the raid. The mobs on the way down aren`t all that hard, but please don`t stick as there is no point in making it harder than necessairy.

Raid Walkthrough
We start by entering Fomor and turning right from the entrance, we keep going this way clearing out all the mobs untill we get to Krankenschtein. Krankenschtein isnt all that hard but he does seem to port you around, so stay boxxed and dont run around unless you have to. After Kranken is down we climb to the second level. Some of the rooms we will run through and box the mobs at the end, so keep an eye out for any command the raidleaders give. Some of the rooms in the second level can be passed without fighting so if the raidleaders say south wall(or something like that) do as they say and hug that wall. There are some ledges on the second flor that you can fall down from so again beware of your step!! We move right after climbing up and move north all the way to Noguribando which shouldn`t be any problems at all. Then we climb the North wall and enter the third level. We move over a small brigde and start on the staircase down towards Anurigunda. Anurigunda is placed at a sort of Theatre-room with purp mobs that respawn fast, but get them down fast and move in on main mob. Anurigunda is a lvl 75 mob but can be easily taken down. When she is done, we move inte a hallway and Hydras Lair.

Fighting Hydra
Hydra is lvl 80(same as Dragon) but is indeed alot worse. She is imune to magic and must be meleed down(ranger arrows works afaik). She has 5 heads and if 1 head is not enganged they can ressurect a head thats allready down. Evolution will bring 2 catapults for this, Catapults dont do any dmg but keeps all the heads in combat so there is no worry for a head to respawn. Every character except the tanks will be standing at the hallway at all times of the fight.

Hydra Spams area DD and area disease+stun all the time so if the tanks get disease the healers in the group shall NOT remove the disease, this will only cause in major manadrainage and is unecessairy.

When the Catapults start hitting the mob the tanks run in, everyone needs to follow Dragonninja and litterally stand inside him to get to the tank spot. Since we have catapults on the main mob Dragonninja will be main assist and all tanks will assist the same head. Hydra unlike many mobs acctually follows the LOS rules, and if you stand in the hallway you wont get hit, healers though need to put your spreadheals on your quickbars and be ready to use em. Rangers will also fire from the hallway. With this setup and enough people Hydra should go down smoothly though tactics may slightly differ when we see how many people we get to come. We might need as many as 50-60 people as the catapults no longer dmg`es the mob. We tested this with all kinds off ammo.

Important Notes
- Dragonninja and Shiward will run the calls. If you wonder about anything ask your group before using /bg
- Keep resists maxxed at all times in order to limit the dmg and time on stun
- Though Hydra is magicresistant that does not mean we dont want magicians, they are handy on the way down and can use debuff and dmgaddbuffs
- Keep spirits up and make it a good revenge on Hydra
- Both oldies and new players are more than welcome with any class, if you havent seen Hydra before i strongly advice you to come....i think it`s the coolest mob ingame.
- If you think mlMobs are to easy this is the one you wanna get!!!

So there you are, those are the tactics....

PS: now gimme some rep points:)

Iwan

Fledgling Freddie
bah cant make it on that day :( would be fun to come along...

Ceraniel

Loyal Freddie
She is imune to magic

Wrong choice of words, she isnt imune, but has an insane amount off resist

bett

Fledgling Freddie
I'll try and show up with my druid. Never done si-raids in hib before, only in mid, so it will be fun to try.

Speedr

Fledgling Freddie
I'll be there like last time shiv, be on the chanter again for grp dmg add buffs and the like...at least we'll be able to do something about him this time :D

Ceraniel

Loyal Freddie
bump- Allowing myself to this cause a raid like this havent been done for very long. And the fact that some forummods needs to wake up

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
(free bump) hello sticky mods? are you still alive?

I should be able to come, got a few toons so will bring whatever we are missing on the day.

Teraka

Fledgling Freddie
Would love to be there as I also haven't seen it go down. Will decide nearer the time tho what char(s) to bring but 50 s/s champion is probably favourite atm.

Teraka

Elediel

Fledgling Freddie
It seems I may not be able to make it that day..will try but leading a Co5 raid at about 7.30 that day so may cause prob :( sry

Spyte

Loyal Freddie
Planning Co5 for 3 hours after Hydra raids shouldnt be a problem at all - shouldnt take much above 90 mins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom