Hunter spec ?

E

eragrim

When playing a hunter, like it or not, you will often end up fighting other stealthers. Specially Infils/Nightshades.

Some of the hunters in this thread has posted lvl 50 specs with low spear, take luin for example with his 30 points into spear.

This is a no no imo. Someone also mentioned that 45 spear was a waste since you only need the 44 style anyway.

When you face an infil/ns, you wont get the chance to even use your bow, and also, compared to the other archer classes the hunters strentgh is the melee damage.

Putting 45 in spear will increase your damage, and also reduce the chance of an infil evading. And you dont want that dragon fang at any cost.

Spear is the hunters strentgh, I wouldnt advice to turn it down for more points into bow.

S

Spix

Originally posted by luin
i am a hunter about to ding 50, and i was pre-1.62 planning to go 42ish bow 35spear, stealth 34 BC or sumthin....

now with PA and RF i have specced to 48 bow...... as a kobbie i rely heavily on my draw speed and with 30 in spear and 27 stealth (i think, once im 50) 34 BC i can hide, snipe, defend myself in melee in pve have good buffs + speed for get away.

Imo, speccing spear so high is usless for rvr(less so for a norse) cos in a fight with any melee class im fucked anyway, best to have distance between me and my enemy.

Also, i seem to be the only hunter i know to have LS+volley (soon to be TS aswell) these abilitys are sooo usfull for keep raid/defense (shooting down from lord room/up onto battlements)+ for farming rps from zergs....

Speccing high spear useless in rvr?
No offence but what do a rr2 lvl 49 hunter with low spear know about that? Offcourse you are fucked in melee if you take spear to only 30 no doubt about that.

Everyone I know of that have 39-50 spear say they are doing well in close combat. Bow attacks with 39 bow have when doing critshots 30 damage less on a greycon compared to 50 bow, normal shots no difference.
Only noticable thing when having 39 bow vs 50 was the damage against higher af classes (chain-plate) gets better, but not that good that you will take em down with bow only.

In most fights you will end up in melee sooner or later unless you fighting a caster, and with the high population of nightshades and infils you will be in melee without even pulling out your bow most of the time.
Some minstrels goes down in 2-3 swings with thrust spear, depending on crits.
If you engage a tank class you will not be able to kill him head to head with bow only, maybe make him use IP before he reach you if it is a stupid tank (if he have shield, no idea to even try)
Look at our RA again, we have access to IP and avoid pain, infils do not, ns got AP. Both are worth its weight in gold when fighting assassins and not have the chance to weaken them with bow and trust me it is not so rare fights :p , purge is a winner aswell.

Also you say you are a kobbie and rely on your drawspeed, note that your swing speed is also very fast with spear, and a spd 5.3. spear can easy go down to 2-3 sec swing rate with 200-600 damage/ hit.
And race doesnt matter much except kobold are outstanding in grace and coolness factor, and you get higher weaponskill :)

I got LS and Volley and agree on their value

Anyway, people are free to gimp their chars whatever way they like...

M

marczje

one thing is for sure.. spec high weapon, and use spear for thrustdmg i'd say.. anyways it's ur char :)

Users who are viewing this thread