39 stelth
39spear
34bc

any good ?

and race:

Kobbie or norse ?

10 str 10 con 10 dex as kobbie ?

10 str 10 dex 10 quick as norse ?

Ideas please, and i like norse more then kobbie but if kobbie is way better then norse i go as kobbie.

/cheer Aucard

K

knoll

40 Composite Bow
44 Spear
35 Stealth
32 BC

best allround specc imo.

both norseman and kobbie do well as hunter.

S

Shaurr

If you got BB, 50 bow, 45 spear, 35 stealth, rest to bc for interrupting pet. Speed rarely saves you anyways.

And Valkyns make excellent hunters too.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Valkyn Id suggest:

0 BC
50 Bow (max out Pbt burst 100% hit)
37 Stealth (easy to take to 50 with +items)
44 Spear (9 sec stun style plus good follow up style)

Either that or
32 BC (best self Pet)
45 Bow
44 Spear
28 Stealth (+ items will be essential)

seems a good all rounder.

Some great specs here, take youre pick:
http://daoc.catacombs.com/templates.cfm?classid=41

Originally posted by Shaurr
If you got BB, 50 bow, 45 spear, 35 stealth, rest to bc for interrupting pet. Speed rarely saves you anyways.

And Valkyns make excellent hunters too.
45 in spear is a waste m8, theres no 45 style, better off spending points on stealth or BC.

A

aucard

kk tnx for the info, i got a 50 bb moa3 etc.

about Valkyn, i do not like the looks of that race so i cant have that ;-) So i will go Norse then, but how about autotraining ?

i will pl my hunter from 20 - 50 and i wont spec untill i get him to 50. Is there anything to autotrain in as hunter ?

T

The Exile

Originally posted by gargultroll
they autotrain in stealth and bow

Since when? :p

And chars that have been /level don't autotrain at all anyway.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by gargultroll
they autotrain in stealth and bow

uhm they never did autotrain nor do they autotrain at the moment, unless you think 99% of the hunters out there are wrong ;).

E

evilknight

Originally posted by The Exile

And chars that have been /level don't autotrain at all anyway.

It's possible to autotrain with /leveled chars, but it will be changed in a later patch

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by evilknight
It's possible to autotrain with /leveled chars, but it will be changed in a later patch
How, my SB aint got a single auto point, still got 1 stealth at 21...

B

bouh

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD
How, my SB aint got a single auto point, still got 1 stealth at 21...

hint: after /level 20 put add 2 points to autotrained skill (e.g.stealth) and immidiatelly respec it. U should get 5 points in autotrained skill for 2 points.

R

raithian

asked goa about auto train its all buged to hell

example a lvl 50 wa with 50 in axe respect to 50 hammer yeet even tho axe was 50 when she respeced she waas unale to get 50 hammer goa says this is corect untill it was pointed out that if you respec 50 axe to 50 hammer you should get enought points back to make it 50 this thay agreed to yet you cant do it
the auto train deducts its points from the preveius training points leaving you some 300 points short same for sb stealth if you have 35 stealth and respec it you loes points

O

old.anubis

Originally posted by raithian
asked goa about auto train its all buged to hell

example a lvl 50 wa with 50 in axe respect to 50 hammer yeet even tho axe was 50 when she respeced she waas unale to get 50 hammer goa says this is corect untill it was pointed out that if you respec 50 axe to 50 hammer you should get enought points back to make it 50 this thay agreed to yet you cant do it
the auto train deducts its points from the preveius training points leaving you some 300 points short same for sb stealth if you have 35 stealth and respec it you loes points

50 hammer 50 shield 28 parry warrior successfully respecced to 50 axe 50 shield 28 parry warrior
there's no problem with warrior

the problem is with arms/merk/paladin if he will respec to crush (in the case of paladin thrust/crush)
and it's not a problem, it's the way it works

S

Spix

50 bow, 44 spear, 34 stealth, rest bc... my current spec

or get 32 bc, 40 bow, 44 spear, 33 or 34 stealth, my old spec Think I liked that one best...

Pet is good to have , its almost like a damage add that makes 100-200 extra damage and interupts casters/scouts/rangers. and track down assassins.

Hunters as said, do not autotrain in anything.

Kobold for the weaponskill and drawtime and uber good looking!
10 quick, 10 dex, 10 con

Z

zelur

33 stealth (will be stealth 49 with +items & rr5)
44 spear (for the 9sec stunn style. usefull imo :p)
42 bow (good enough)
32 Beastcraft (for the final pet ofc & speed)

Give comments please, because i might use this one on my hunter. :D

btw.. Im a BB user.

P

peder

40bow
39 stelth
39spear
34bc

not good enough... listen here amigo

42bow
37 stelth
39spear
34bc

pick dwarf for more health = good for ip
(or valkyn if you like beast look)

O

Olgark

I think the best all round hunter is the Dwarf. Good strength, dex and consitution. I have a level 50 one at the moment and he does very well in all fields of close combat and ranged.

BC 32
Spear 44
Bow 42 ( i think been a long time since i looked)
Stealth 37 ( see above on bow )

Anyway good luck in your venture of leveling up a hunter which ever class you choose. My advice is to not to listen to anyone here, but instead go with what you feel the most comfortable with playing.

D

Driwen

BC 32
Spear 44

^^ not possible, unless you somehow autotrain something which hunters wont do. I would drop either stealth to 33 if you want 42 bow or if you want 42+bow. Go 45 bow 39 spear 35 stealth 32 bc imo.

M

marczje

my spec atm is 45 bow -> rapid fire 2
39 spear -> for the backstyle stun, preventing ppl from running 35 stealth -> 50 stealth at rr5
32 bc -> in 1 vs 1 this helps a lot, can interrupt adding casters or just hit the enemy for lots of extra dmg..

my point of view ..

O

old.Atrox

Dont forget the fact that the pet counts as a second attacker, ei: Gives you higher to hit, lowers enemies chance to evade/block/parry

( thou Im not 100% how the parry/block fix alterned the way pets works, there is a chance this does apply anymore )

S

Spix

Originally posted by zelur
33 stealth (will be stealth 49 with +items & rr5)
44 spear (for the 9sec stunn style. usefull imo :p)
42 bow (good enough)
32 Beastcraft (for the final pet ofc & speed)

Give comments please, because i might use this one on my hunter. :D

btw.. Im a BB user.

44 spear does not give 9 sec stun style. 39 spear is a from behind medium (maybe 6 sec) stun, that realy works great with the 34+ speed shout, it is fun to hunt people :)
44 is follow up on that. 44 style do good damage , about 500-600 damage against lvl50 nightshades when using thrust spear (not optimal)

Anyway, If I would take bc so high, I would spec

40 bow for whatever you get at 40. 40 or 42 makes no difference, no style damage to worry about.
44 Spear for good melee damage
33 Stealth
34 Beastcraft for best pet and next best Speed Shout.

hmm I maybe should respec again...

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Spix
40 bow for whatever you get at 40. 40 or 42 makes no difference, no style damage to worry about.

cap damage seems to be higher with higher spec, so it does make difference also you gain weaponskill which means your bow will be less evaded/blocked/parried (allthough effects will be 1% diff. probably). Allthough you might wanna increase your stealth or bc 2 points instead of bow, but thats mostly matter of taste.

M

marczje

Originally posted by Spix
44 spear does not give 9 sec stun style. 39 spear is a from behind medium (maybe 6 sec) stun, that realy works great with the 34+ speed shout, it is fun to hunt people :)

doubt it lasts longer then 1/2 secs :(

L

luin

i am a hunter about to ding 50, and i was pre-1.62 planning to go 42ish bow 35spear, stealth 34 BC or sumthin....

now with PA and RF i have specced to 48 bow...... as a kobbie i rely heavily on my draw speed and with 30 in spear and 27 stealth (i think, once im 50) 34 BC i can hide, snipe, defend myself in melee in pve have good buffs + speed for get away.

Imo, speccing spear so high is usless for rvr(less so for a norse) cos in a fight with any melee class im fucked anyway, best to have distance between me and my enemy.

Also, i seem to be the only hunter i know to have LS+volley (soon to be TS aswell) these abilitys are sooo usfull for keep raid/defense (shooting down from lord room/up onto battlements)+ for farming rps from zergs....

O

Olgark

Originally posted by driwen
BC 32
Spear 44

^^ not possible, unless you somehow autotrain something which hunters wont do. I would drop either stealth to 33 if you want 42 bow or if you want 42+bow. Go 45 bow 39 spear 35 stealth 32 bc imo.

as stated I am not sure on what spec he is as i have not played him since May. But the numbers given are as close to the ones that I remember.

A

Armalite

50 Bow
50 Sword
20 bc
20 Stealth

You are the one, Neo...

Edit:
heck, im gonna try this spec, gimme a month or two.

Users who are viewing this thread