Humane Way To Kill A Paralysed Mouse?

Gray

FH is my second home
Looking back, earlier on this afternoon someone send me a video of something which is gonna be with me for a while... :(

Basically, it was a pup lying on the ground alive, and this fucking bitch in high heels was standing all over the pup crushing it, it was about 5mins long the video i think i managed about a minute of it. It was disgusting in more ways than one

Sick, evil, twisted :(... least you didn do that with the mouse!

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
Let the mouse read a few threads on this forum and perhaps it'll die of boredom.

Will

/bin/su
I had to go to my sisters house to deal with a mouse her cat had brought in, a couple of hours after I posted before. She said it was half dead, and I was ready to have to put it down, but it was just playing dead, only a tiny nick on it. After removing the cat, it ran up my trouser leg, and I eventually got it down to my sock and grabbed it by the base of the tail, and stuck it under her shed. It was tiny.

My cat couldn't catch a cold. He once brought in a fish finger. He growled when I took it off him. It was so cute.

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Cheese and rat poison would have been the most humane way I would have thought, it gets a last meal that way too!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I like the fireworks idea, quick, relatively painless and good fun.
I suggest a cluster of airbombs with tied fuses and the mouse in the middle.
Just make sure you use an umbrella.

K

Kharok Svark

Well, it sounds like it's over now anyway.

But, just to add my comments, I tend to follow one of 2 roads, if the thing looks semi ok and has any chance to live, I take it a distance from the house and give it it's chance of freedon (This has included Birds, Mice, Frog's and a Snake :had to call the RSPCA to check on that one: ).

If the thing is in pain (guts hanging out etc), then it best to stop the thing thinking as quickly as possible, the ideal way is breaking the neck (easier on a bird as the head sit's well between 2 fingers) or the slightly messier method of hitting it over the head with a hammer :(

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
hypoxia causes mild euphoria, so drowning proly aint a bad idea

best way would involve anything which provides a quick and sudden death

like chopping it's head off

you've got to remember this is vermin.

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
Bodhi said:
You got any fireworks left? Cos i'm pretty sure blowing it up would be a quick, painless and what's more deeply amusing way for it to go.

that gets my vote too

post pics, can anyone say www.explodingmouse.com ? :p

babs

Can't get enough of FH
*learns to never click links posted here*

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
nath said:
Does your cat have a bell? She'll become far less successful with her hunting with one, worth a thought.
then how is possibly one of the laziest species that does nothing but sleep supposed to get excersise when it cant hunt properly? :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
a bell never stopped my cat bringing back rabbits and mice, less birds though.

Vae

Resident Freddy
nath said:
Does your cat have a bell? She'll become far less successful with her hunting with one, worth a thought.

She'll be far less successful until she figures out that she can move the bell round so it ends up next to the magnet on her collar that lets her through the cat flap and the bell gets magnetised and stops ringing anymore. My parents cat is far too cunning :rolleyes:

Crossfire

Fledgling Freddie
I would have hurled the mouse as high as possible into the air and let it splat on a hard surface below. I think the sensation of being thrown that hard, to a mouse, might cause it to pass out.

Definitely wouldn't have drowned it, that's among the worst ways of dying in my opinion.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Cats are shit and pointless, I wouldn't harm one, likewise any animal, but come on what is the point of a cat? They just kill cute things like birds and mice and don't do much else. Their piss stinks as well, way more than mine does when I piss on the carpet.

Drown the cats and save the mice!!

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Id have to agree with Trem here (as usual :p) I may have said this before, but as a shooter Im encouraged to shoot magpies and Jays and crows as they severely diminish the songbird population of this country, yet cats do far more damage than they do.
Wierd really :(

phazey

One of Freddy's beloved
I'm suprised no one hass mentioned flushing it down the bog.

Alough i remember a neighbour doing that with kittens when i was about 5, and still sometimes have nightmares of the one that kept on coming back up.
for a mouse no problem, and pretty painless for both parties.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Should be reported to the RSPCA for flushing kittens down the toilet...

And I wouldnt say it was painless...how would you enjoy being flushed down the loo?

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
You should have got it to post on here, then it would CTFOADOA!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Trem said:
Cats are shit and pointless, I wouldn't harm one, likewise any animal, but come on what is the point of a cat? They just kill cute things like birds and mice and don't do much else. Their piss stinks as well, way more than mine does when I piss on the carpet.

Drown the cats and save the mice!!

Trem for PM.

Mazza

Fledgling Freddie
I’m deeply sickened and disturbed by some of the suggestions on here. Attaching one to a firework? ‘Amusing’ and ‘fun’? If you find any amusement in an animal dying in that way, there’s something wrong with you. My dog caught a mouse today and shook it, paralysing its back legs. It crept off where we couldn’t reach it before we could get it to take it to the vet - surely proper euthanasia is the only answer here? I’m still saddened now worrying about the pain it’s in :/

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I’m deeply sickened and disturbed by some of the suggestions on here. Attaching one to a firework? ‘Amusing’ and ‘fun’? If you find any amusement in an animal dying in that way, there’s something wrong with you. My dog caught a mouse today and shook it, paralysing its back legs. It crept off where we couldn’t reach it before we could get it to take it to the vet - surely proper euthanasia is the only answer here? I’m still saddened now worrying about the pain it’s in :/

I'm more disturbed as to why you would necro a 13 year old thread personally.

Also

You do realise no one was being serious, right? if you can't recognize when someone is joking, you must be fun to take to a standup comedy gig.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
The simpler days. I miss reading this shit as opposed to Brexit constantly.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hi,

Welcome to FH where pretty much nothing is taken as being serious most of the time. Everyone who replied in this thread has pretty much grown up with each other over the course of many many years and had gotten to know if they were joking or not.

Anyway, proper euthanasia which is quick and simple, stamp on it's head. :p (that was a joke btw)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
pls be a real vegan pls be a real vegan pls be a real vegan

it'll make this forum oh so much more fun.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I feel this bump is just a ploy to put the Trem for PM message back in everyone's thoughts

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom