Hulk

P

plightstar

Saw it last night, talk about Boring I had to keep finding ways of stopping myself falling to sleep. If u blink u miss the action parts.

I do not recommend seeing this film.

Rent out the original instead

O

old.ignus

It really does look shit, whe I saw the advert for the film I thought it was an advert for the game the CGI was that bad. I haven't seen it yet but I think it may knock daredevil of the top spot for worst movie conversion of a marvel comic of all time.

P

plightstar

Ignus you've hit the nail on the head there

D

darthshearer

It really is the biggest heap of shite Ive ever seen, its worse than Die another Day, only because its got Halle Berry in it to keep you occupied :)

W

WPKenny

:(

I thought Hulk was a near perfect comic book conversion. I loved it.

N

nath

The CGI was fantastic in the film, as Stu said somewhere else, they rushed out the trailers when the cgi wasn't finished. ILM were not amused. In the film it looks fantastic.

S

Scouse

Originally posted by WPKenny
:(

I thought Hulk was a near perfect comic book conversion. I loved it.

Fucking spot on there m8. It's the kids who've grown up watching films without plots and faaaarrrrrrrr too much MTV and craig david who don't like it ;)

L

leggy

Originally posted by Scouse
Fucking spot on there m8. It's the kids who've grown up watching films without plots and faaaarrrrrrrr too much MTV and craig david who don't like it ;)

When they should have been reading comics?

E

ECA

Originally posted by leggy

No, when they should have been rounded up and reprogrammed.

N

nath

Actually that vast generalisation is not true. The film was pretty boring and slow. Now I liked solaris, so I don't have a problem with slow paced films, it just wasn't that great.

Infact, I think the best thing was the action sequences. Not coming from a "wow, cool action man!" standpoint, but that Ang Lee really managed to display real rage quite well. Rather than it just being some green thing smashing things, I really felt the rage. It was gud. But tbh, the film as a whole wasn't that great. Just because it was mostly slow and dull, doesn't make it a great film.

S

Scouse

Slow and dull doesn't make a great film. Agree totally there.

I just disagree with ya m8 - slow and dull it wasn't for me :)

S

Scouse

Originally posted by leggy

Leggy m8 - have you ever read comics?

Admittedly - 90% of them are utter, utter pap. But, as with any medium, there are some absolute corkers in there with depth, humour, complex plots, proper characterisation and a breadth of vision that rivals anything seen in any other medium. (Books/films etc...).

Not as verbose, of course, but in the good ones the artwork furthers the story as much as the narrative. As a medium, comics certainly outstrip film in terms of intelligent discourse and thought-provoking argument.

So there :p

;)

L

leggy

heh :)

nice point well put.

I have read some older marvel comics. But nothing more. I was never big into them mainly due to the fact that I couldnt afford to buy them when I was young.

W

WPKenny

I was into comics in a big way when I was younger.

My favourite character was The Ray until they discontinued that. He keeps popping up every now and then so I hear.

I follwed a new character called Static for a while but that one got boring.

I have a load of X-men comics from the 80's and a smattering of Spiderman, Hulk, Thor, Batman etc etc.

I did collect a number of Superman comics. The ones around the time he died.

I like comics. Oooh and I have a few Dark Horse comics of Aliens and Predator type series.

S

Summo

Pfft. 2000AD > All.

At least it was several years ago. I dunno what it's like now. Dredd, Rogue Trooper, Johnny Alpha, Chopper, Judge Death, Kraken, Ace Trucking Co... the best.

The very few times I've read any Marvel and DC stuff they've always left me cold. I scorn and mock them.

S

Scouse

You can't beat a bit of Dreddy :)

Stopped collecting 2000AD's about 3/4 years ago as I simply didn't have time to read them (I was doing min. 16hour days, 6 days a week for about 2 years). They still ruled.

Problem for me with them was that between Dredd and one other "biggie" they'd fill with mostly shit and sometimes great.....but still mostly shit.

Got some DC. Mainly Batman - the "more adult" stuff rather than the monthly pap.

Lobo - funniest comic character ever created until, that is, the Yanks got their hands on him and started producing "family friendly" stuff. The one-off's are still kewl.

Spawn?? So-so - but I've still got issues 1-20 somewhere :)

Never much liked Marvel but got a m8 who worships them....

P

plightstar

I used to have Batman Vrs Predator it kicked ass, because Batman almost died, made it look really cool

W

WPKenny

Originally posted by plightstar
I used to have Batman Vrs Predator it kicked ass, because Batman almost died, made it look really cool

Go find Batman Vs Predator 2 then! It's out there and it's just as good.

T

The_Sheriff

Now this film was OK.
I wouldn't have shat myself from excitement over it, it was just...ok.

However can someone explain the stupid bit at the end when they stick Banner in that hangar with his dad?

I mean why?
If they knew what he was gonna do to Banner (annoy the shit out of him) and they knew the end result (big green Banner) and then what they'd have to do (fry Hulk with big electric things either side of the stage) why do it?

The whole premise of sticking Banner in solitary confinement is ridiculous (anyone remember the old text adventure of the Hulk where you were tied to a chair and had to make yourself angry by biting your lip?), why not just do what they were going to do at the start of the film and keep him sedated for the rest of his life?

I think they got stuck plot-wise and had to come up with something to get the hulk out of there.

Apart from the ending, it had an inovative use of comicbook style boxes to split scenes up (annoying to start with but you catch on with the tecnique quickly) etc and a fairly good plot.

W

WPKenny

Originally posted by The_Sheriff
Now this film was OK.
I wouldn't have shat myself from excitement over it, it was just...ok.

However can someone explain the stupid bit at the end when they stick Banner in that hangar with his dad?

I mean why?
If they knew what he was gonna do to Banner (annoy the shit out of him) and they knew the end result (big green Banner) and then what they'd have to do (fry Hulk with big electric things either side of the stage) why do it?

The whole premise of sticking Banner in solitary confinement is ridiculous (anyone remember the old text adventure of the Hulk where you were tied to a chair and had to make yourself angry by biting your lip?), why not just do what they were going to do at the start of the film and keep him sedated for the rest of his life?

I think they got stuck plot-wise and had to come up with something to get the hulk out of there.

Apart from the ending, it had an inovative use of comicbook style boxes to split scenes up (annoying to start with but you catch on with the tecnique quickly) etc and a fairly good plot.

The had him wired in and knew if there was any hint of him "going green" they'd fry him. They didn't count on his dad being able to eat electricity though.

The whole point was he didn't want to turn in to the Hulk. Which is why that other guy had such fun beating the crap out of him and he still didn't change.

He wasn't sedated cos he would never get angry if he was sedated. They thought they were prepared for him if he did turn green but it turns out they totally underestimated the invulnerability of the Hulk.

S

Sharma

Too be quite honest, it looks like an absolutely abysmal film and i will be taking joy in not watching it.

C

Ch3tan

Well then you would be wrong sharma, and you'd miss a perfectly good movie and probably the best comic book conversion to date because of some very mis-guided views here.

N

newborn

this film sucked a lot of dick a shame cos it could have been so good as it was i had to take a 10 minute long fag break halfway through to keep my eyes open apparently i didn't miss much.

tbh the people saying it was a perfect comic book translation arent reall endearing comics to me in the slightest cos it would appear that comics are long and dull with very little action worth talking about limp storylines and crap acting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom