How's it going pod pilots?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Personally I am going for heavy interdictors among the new t2 ships. Then train for carrier, which will take about 3 months for all the required and support skills.

lol, i just started with my T2 cruiser skills... :) man i wish i had more of a clue when i last played >.<

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Well you know, EVE is something that needs to grow on you. So most people didn't do it the "right" way at start. My main has pretty crappy attributes compared to the optimal ones you can choose nowdays. So eventually my alts will pass him.

And it's also about specialization and having a goal. Speccing one race really helps to keep the focus. And obviously going for the ships you think are fun.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Well you know, EVE is something that needs to grow on you.

oh it did grow on me. but you can't say its an easy game to understand :)

hell i still don't really know what the fuck i'm doing lol.

sure the few corps i was in (and the last in particular) helped loads.

mostly by saying "train this and that skill", but failing to explain WHY i needed this or that skill :)

and being away for well over a year sure as hell haven't helped the understanding bit hehe :)

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
I dunno I found that the hard bit was deciding on what to do.

Its gets easier from there.

Hopefully your not too gimped by the time you have decided....

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Hopefully your not too gimped by the time you have decided....

Best part about EVE is that you can't get gimped.

You can always train more, or other stuff, it just takes time and every skill is needed in something.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
sure but mining skills isn't all that bloody useful for someone that cant stand mining ;)

so if u never ever are gonna mine, training mining skills is kind of a way to gimp urself :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
sure but mining skills isn't all that bloody useful for someone that cant stand mining ;)

so if u never ever are gonna mine, training mining skills is kind of a way to gimp urself :)

But in other MMOs, gimping means "using your skills to train something useless", but since in EVE you can't "waste" skills, as in, "by training this you can't train this", gimping is almost impossible :D

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
But in other MMOs, gimping means "using your skills to train something useless", but since in EVE you can't "waste" skills, as in, "by training this you can't train this", gimping is almost impossible :D

no but you waste time. :)

and time is something u need to be careful with in EvE :)

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
what I like so far abotu eve.. is that you can train skills, while doing something else, don't have to sit infront of the comp all the time and bash buttons

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
what I like so far abotu eve.. is that you can train skills, while doing something else, don't have to sit infront of the comp all the time and bash buttons

yeah but it gets a tad boring when u have to train a skill that takes 30 - 40 days or so :)

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
another thing about eve is that within 3 days or more you can still be useful in PvP - no need to go mad with templates and getting to 50...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
another thing about eve is that within 3 days or more you can still be useful in PvP - no need to go mad with templates and getting to 50...

true, but that would require a pretty extensive knowledge of the game when ur making the toon tho. so you know what options to pick and why etc :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
thats what friends are for!

lol, theres no such thing as friends in EvE :)

neutral understandings mayhap. but certainly not friends :)

dont trust ANYONE that isnt your own flesh and blood in real life. :)

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
well, friends that play the game and show you the ropes

did not say friends ingame, can be enemies ingame, but still friends

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
well, friends that play the game and show you the ropes

did not say friends ingame, can be enemies ingame, but still friends

sure, that they can be good for. but like i said. dont trust ANYONE if you dont live in the same house hey do :)

its when you start to trust ppl in EvE and start to relax to much around them they turn around and bite ya in the neck ;)

thats been a standing rule in every corp i've been in and so far its been more or less just that. trust ppl in EvE to much and u'l regret it. i'm not saying this to deter you from anything or scare you off. but as theres so extreamly much to gain and lose in this game its more then wise not to trust anyone to much unless they are actual family.

if you manage to wade through the crime and punishment section of the EvE forums u'l find quite a few horror stories that explain why. not saying that all of those stories are true, but many enough is to warrant the cautioun.

/edit: right Sharkith? :p

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
don't worry, I'll do as I do irl then, I never trust anyone

taB

Part of the furniture
Hehe,

I'm a bit more relaxed about it than you mate. Isk is just currency, I can make more with a bit of effort. I'd rather be a bit more free with it and enjoy flying with people than paranoid the whole time.

That said, I don't run a corp - I am very happy being a cog in the machine. And a small machine it is too :) My so called "isk buffer" is non-existant, if i need something and can afford it I tend to just get it.

I keep a regular turnover of ships by getting drunk and losing them by attacking people who outnumber me :D

tbh until you've got something worth stealing I wouldn't worry about it.

Esz.

P.S.
/edit: right Sharkith?
- so what happened here then?

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
as I said before, trust and friends has nothing to do with each other

either that or I never have any friends

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
I watched a tonne (metric) of videos from FanFest... EVE TV -- The Weekly Show for EVE Online and I must say, the game looks incredible, the new Economist is amazing, the Ambulation project is stunning, the Interstellar Council is fantastic.

But as one guy in the audience said, "We're getting all this stuff and nothing is changing in the actual game" (or words to that effect). He got roundly ignored by the ultra-fanbois and devs, which is a shame, because my big question to them would have been...

What are you doing about gate camping gankers? Nothing? Well you can add all the free voicechat you like, I'm still not going to play.

taB

Part of the furniture
I've only ever been caught by gatecampers once when I was over the legal blood alcohol limit to be flying my ship - and then some. Gatecamps are easily avoidable. If you are transporting valuables and don't scout properly then you only have yourself to blame (or your scout :p).

How about heavy interdictors - suddenly resulting in a load of low-sec mothership pilots selling their ships? Or maybe the new covops battleship with it's own jump portal that has a specific purpose to move a covert gang past a gatecamp? Can't wait to take my pilgrim on covert gang operations!

I don't get involved in blob warfare and I think I'd hate it to be honest. I play the game in a way that suits me and that'll do me at the moment. I might not be able to take down the people who try and get me but at least I know that if I stay on my toes they won't be getting me either.

Anyways time to go home and fire up my scan probe launcher :ninja:

Esz.

edit: Oh and indeed voice chat is almost good now :)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Well you know, that's the brutal universe of EVE. Gate ganking is just one of the hundreds of things you can be doing to make your way and living in EVE. And yeah they are easily avoidable and with some friends you can easily give them back. Because the gate guns pack quite a punch.

In nullsec that's an everyday thing with skirmishes on the gate, they are protecting their home! Just like you have your door or dog protecting yours. Or countries have border patrols.

This patch they made it so POS modules can be unanchored by anyone when the tower is offline, marvellous opportunity for a bunch of new corp professions, like POS protection racketeering and it gives even more contracts for mercs from corps in empire that have no military force but this dread gurista large tower with 20 advanced research labs.

There's so much to do and see in EVE and I'd hate to see people give up this fantastic universe because one aspect of the game they didn't like.

And in any regard, those DAoC'ers coming to EVE to get "fair fights" and "1 on 1" can just go fuck themselves :p

taB

Part of the furniture
And in any regard, those DAoC'ers coming to EVE to get "fair fights" and "1 on 1" can just go fuck themselves :p

I've not played any other MMOs but I can happily say that in Eve if the fight is fair then we've definately made a mistake :eek7:

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
TBh Lordjox is right. Eve is not the same as DAOC. In Eve you get to loot the persons body when you kill them. So to argue for fair fights and balanced fights is never going to work. It is dog eat dog. If you don't like it don't play it. Simple.

Judging Eve by another games standards is just a form of gamecentrism.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
What are you doing about gate camping gankers? Nothing?

they have done plenty about it. its called "ships destroyed in the last 1 hour" and warp core stabilizers". 2 T2 stabilizers means theres NOTHING out there other then multiple scrambler ships that can prevent you from jumping.

and if ur scared of getting camped while jumping TO a gate then stop using the autopilot and use the "warp to gate within 0 Km" and u can happily jump the second u land.

theres plenty of counters to gate campers. you just have to get off ur lazy arse and use it :)

or just stay the fuck away from low sec space :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom