Howmany will go this year ?

Jareth Spellfire

Fledgling Freddie
I will probably not, but i think there are a lot of people who will switch MMORPG to games like WoW (worlds of warcraft) etc...

So these questions i ask of you:

1. Will you leave? (if no, then skip the other questions)
2. Why will you leave?
3. Will you play another MMORPG and if so which one?

For GOA :

I think if you wish to keep the people ingame. You will have to satisfy them with more then just items that everybody can get and new places to go. Put new features in the classes individually because let's face it, people just love to expand their characters and to , what do they call it? "wtfpwn" ? You can probably never get the whole game totally balanced BUT if you atleast NOT nerf those classes, you will lose a hell of a lot less people!

Think about it people of GOA. I respect you all a great deal for making such a wonderfull game, but i dont think you want to lose the people who will (or might) post under here.

Spesh

Fledgling Freddie
Goa do not create the game, merely run the game under license from mythic (i think :p)

will i leave? Probably, WoW looks massivly interesting to me. Doesnt mean i will close my accounts, just maybe become a "casual" player, but until wow hits i dont know

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Said all winter I quit at toa.

now I ordererd it.

I just wait til they say u gotta buy toa for buffbot also :puke:

I will stay to try 1.66 :fluffle:

Esoteric

Fledgling Freddie
I have already left for several reasons.

The main reason I left was due to the launch of TOA. I have invested enough personal time into my characters I do not want to have to endure much more pve just to be on par with everyone else.

If I only have 30 mins or an hour to play it can take that long or more to get a half decent rvr/group, then if I get one and it doesnt split then I feel the need to stay on and make excuses irl not to leave.

The community has changed for the worst. People are generally meaner and far more elitist than in the days of ye old. I expected the game and community to evolve of course but into what it has become, no.

I am currently playing planetside and having an absolute blast I can log on for 10 mins and have a blast or play for several hours and no one really cares how your character has specced (except you). Very different from an RPG being an FPS mind.

I will come back if the RvR patch is nothing short of exceptional. However with the new MMORPGs on the horizon this years competition is about to heat up in a massive way. Lineage2, Dragon Empires, WoW, Darkfall, Warhammer 40k, EQ2, Ryzom and ofc many folk are playing FFX mmo atm. These are just a few of the handpicked most wanted. SWG was a complete flop but I dont believe these others necessarily will be.

Perhaps Im just an old character who has tired of boredom of the game but when I read the yankee doodle toa posts and posts of other logical people about TOA I think perhaps not.

Take Care

Wicoa/Eso

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Yes i will leave when Everquest 2 comes out.

Ailil

Fledgling Freddie
Will probably leave this year, when my sub runs out (I resubbed for a long period - oops). Doubt I'll play another MMORPG for a while, but depends on WoW and how it is. Will buy and play TOA for a good few months to get the exploring out my system.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i will probably leave as soon as i can get my hands on WoW and there's a few reasons:

1. people arent as nice to each other as they used to be
2. im bored of logging on, either spending 30 mins finding a group only to have it split as soon as we run into an opted group in HW or odins or running along solo in case there's no groups and getting ganked by a bunch of stealthers that i cant see and cant fight back against
3. im just bored in general, DAoC lacks the spark of magic it had for me 2 years ago when i started :p

Brelakor

Fledgling Freddie
Im kinda leaving right now, for the reasons the others have said.

Being that the communty has changed alot the last few months, making this game seem more like CS :p

And ill just play singleplayer games till WoW comes out.

And rvr sucks, and thats what DAoC is all about :p

ElemenT

One of Freddy's beloved
1. Will you leave? Yes
2. Why will you leave? Trials of Atlantis
3. Will you play another MMORPG and if so which one? Doubt it

Drew

Fledgling Freddie
WoW will be most boring mmorpg i think, they say its gonna be simple so everyone can play it :/ and i saw some movies from the game and it looked cool then i tryed the alpha beta and it was so boring, graphic was not good at all as i tought it was gonna be, and the landscape looked like it was suppose to be a game for children, but thats just my opinion :D. i think toa is gonna be great or i hope so anyways, i will prolly stay.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
1. Will you leave? (if no, then skip the other questions)
I think so, yes.

2. Why will you leave?
Mythic made something great in this game, something other games didn't have, a great PvP system. I don't want more PvE, thats not what I like about this game.

Yes, WoW or maybe LineAge II.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
ToA will keep me going till WoW

Kinda looking forward to exploreing a new land meeting new People etc ...

Out of interst those who are going to WoW what class/race you gonna play

Undead priest for me i think .... nice change from Human Dual Weld mele charecters i normaly play DAOC BG2 IWD2 etc.. plus priest looks like a nice cross between Soc/Midhealer some damage output CC and heals..
And Undead main city looks pretty cool after exploreing it a bit in the Alpha Crack

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
1. Will you leave?
yes, would like to see ToA for 1 moment but cba to spend money on something im not gonna play anyway

2. Why will you leave?
Game started out nice, it had great potential, mythic screwed up over time, too bad, more luck @ daoc2 however it doesnt seem like they learned from their mistakes and its all about the $$$ anyway (i know it is for every company, but their greed has really surpassed the quality of their product)

WoW, although i should quit at mmorpgs, i have liked every game from blizzard and i still play Diablo 2 and warcraft 3 aswell.
I think WoW is worth the gamble after having played all of their other magnificent games, i dunno if the skill level will be any better then this game... but at least it will be fun for some time :p

btw its not a goa thing, they are kinda helpless, mythic decides what will happen with this game...

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
1. Yes if they dont balance the game....

2. See 1.

3. Maybe the new Ultima Online game...atleast there is no balance issues with skill tree's like in UO... All have the same options , the better player win's..not the favorite class/realm of the dev's.......

Tindel

Fledgling Freddie
1. Will you leave? Already did ;)
2. Why will you leave? Community screwed up the game, not Mythic tbh.
3. Will you play another MMORPG and if so which one? No, was thinking of WoW but the mmorpg obsession has to stop ;)

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
And c'mon people..don't complain about having to do "some" PvE...
You'll like it :m00:
I know someone that's gonna need to be unemployed or something like that when ToA arrives :twak:

unforgiving

Fledgling Freddie
1. dont think so, although been temptet to do it found new life in my cleric :D

2. if i would be leaving its cause the mythic screwed the game + people not as nice as they where in the start

3. if any other mmorpg game it would prolly we dragon empires currently waiting to become beta tester, WoW doesent attract me much never been so much into the warcraft world

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
1. Yes im off when WoW hits the street.

2. Ever since the Savage assist train days the game has been in decline, its become all about FoTM groups and RvR has become more of a rutine because of it, and dont get me started on BB they ruined all soloing for the 1 account player.

3. Im headed for WoW, first of all its Blizzard, secondly i read alot about it and cant wait, everything that was annoying in DaoC isnt in WoW :)

Azurat

Fledgling Freddie
1. yes i´m off before toa.
2. Can´t be arsed to do all the pve grinding again when toa comes to be able to compete in the one thing that keeps me in game.
3. Will prolly go dark and light or wow when they come out.

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
1. Don't think so, want to ding RR10l10 :p

3. Maybe going to play some game with good PvP when DAoC starts to bore or then I start playing some FPS.

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
1. Will I leave - already have.
2. with a 6 hour time lag (having been moved to the US for a while) RvR was 'very quiet. Autotraining my last character to 50 (pally - slash and chants) was fun but not the same.
3. For now back to EQ - much improved after 2 years, insta dungeons/raids very good (Wow will have them as well). Signed up for WoW beta as well. Later in th eyear - lots of exciting propects.

Oh yes - do read the posts on ToA if you haven't already and are thinking of getting it. I have never seen such widespread and almost universal condemnation. Mythic halting work on the next expansion (Mark Jacobs New Year letter) speaks volumes.

XeffoInfil

Fledgling Freddie
4 words sum up the future of daoc...

"the days are numbered"

and its starting, effective now...with the steadily dropping mid population, the upcoming patches which have made even albs leave. due to the upcoming stealther nerfs which makes us obsolete...that will defenitely make more people go. if i had a say in it (which of course i dont) ToA wouldnt have been invented, theurgists wouldnt be so overpowered, necros get nerfed slightly and radar users would be banned. that might encourage people to stay :)

ToA simply adds more imbalance to the game than already exists! fix the imbalances before adding more :(

PS: ToA GUI wtfpwns!, thats about it.

Hyuga Hinata

Fledgling Freddie
1. Will you leave? Long gone already. :p
2. Because Mythic and the community took a turn for the worst.
3. Playing FFXI and loving it, WoW doesn't interest me in the slightest. Getting to much hype just because it has a Blizzard tag on it.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Garok said:
Out of interst those who are going to WoW what class/race you gonna play

ill probably be trying out abit of everything :p

Bolo

Fledgling Freddie
1. Will you leave?
Yes

2. Why will you leave?
For almost 2 years now, I thought I was playing Dark Age of Camelot. Instead, Ive been playing 'Dark Age of Albion'

Yes. One thats been around for a while. its called 'Real Life'

For GOA :

You fucking people have NO CLUE how to satisfy and cater to your customers.

For Mythic:

hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Krakatau

Fledgling Freddie
Bolo said:
1. Will you leave?
Yes

2. Why will you leave?
For almost 2 years now, I thought I was playing Dark Age of Camelot. Instead, Ive been playing 'Dark Age of Albion'

Yes. One thats been around for a while. its called 'Real Life'

For GOA :

You fucking people have NO CLUE how to satisfy and cater to your customers.

For Mythic:

hahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Nice summary there ;)
Sure I suck at RvR, but tonight I noticed: lvl 42 necro can hand your ass on a plate... a lvl 50 necro doesn't care if he's dotted and getting arrows plunged into him at the same time...
Maybe it's time to skip this silly game or move albion or continue betatesting Ryzom and dig up some fleas to use for crafting ;)

d34k

Fledgling Freddie
The funny thing is... the WoW community is gonna be made up of the same people that made the DAoC community so "special".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom