Howmany will go this year ?

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
d34k said:
The funny thing is... the WoW community is gonna be made up of the same people that made the DAoC community so "special".

if the game is actually good there will be much less whining...

Kyra

Longtime Songbird
I've already canceled my renewal, so in April I'm done. I might change my mind, but I am thinking its time to just walk away. Thing is, I LOVE pve but it sounds like ToA will be like everything else in this game, having to put in tons of time to be at the same level as everyone else and too much stress.

When a game starts to keep you up late at night worrying (or worse), when you start ignoring your family for a game, and when that game starts to feel like a job and not fun, you know its time to walk away.

Probably... I am thinking maybe WoW, but who knows what will be coming out soon. I still have my SWG subs, so I won't be too deprived. But for me, playing on an American server does really work best. People are wanting to do raids when my kids are in bed instead of at lunch time or when I have to go get my kids from school. Will be more time for me to relax and enjoy and will lessen the guilt factor of whether or not I'm neglecting my kids.

Sandariel

Fledgling Freddie
1. I'm like... 99.99% sure I'll leave this year, I even deleted all my lvl 50 chars on Pryd/Alb to keep me from coming back.

2. The 3 main reasons why I'm leaving is
- The lack of balance. Unless you rolled a fotm-omg-r0x-w00t-w00t char your RvR experiences will be rather limited, after rolling your fotm char tho, you'll need fotm equpiment and a fotm guild group just to come even close to having fun out there. But actually RvR is like xping, you RvR more and more to get more rps to get more RAs to make it easier to get more RPs :)

- ToA is incoming, which is a bad thing imo, it will create an even bigger gap between casual and non-casual players. So actually if you want to RvR you'll have to 1) get to 50, 2) get epic, 3) afford loads of money to get an SC suite, 4) get into an opted group, 5) do loads of ML quests, 6) then level your uber artifacts you farmed for for ages, 7) get a bot to 50 if you're a stealther. And as for me, I don't want to waste that much RL time on it anymore.

- The actual players have changed a lot. 2 years ago you'd see people chatting in PvE groups! I remember loads of times where we were just chatting about this and that and people actually forgot to pull meanwhile.

Nowadays it's more like
<Silence>
"FFS, pull faster xD"
<Silence>
That's if you get a group at all, most of the times everyone just PLs their own chars. And the massive amount of lvl 45+ chars who have no clue at all about their class scares me. Saw lvl 45+ tanks who didn't know what a taunt style is o_O, well guess that's because most ppl have to solo to 40 nowadays...

3. Guess I won't be playing any other MMORPG, especially not WoW, since I expect it to be full of l33t r0x0r people ;)

Anyway, my subs will run out in about a month and till then I'll try hib/pryd a bit with my lvl 30 chars, it's fun, and it's even more fun not to see necros everywhere ;)

Cmos

Fledgling Freddie
Not leaving, but going from almost full time player to casual player

This due to the "balanced realms" :kissit:

Albs : 14 classes
Hibs : 13 classes
Mid : 12 classes

nice realm balance... (wont go into the overpowered classes, not enough space on the forum (did someone say a stealth class with skald songs, healer stuns/mezzes and CM, bonedancer dmg absorb as a grp buff, can climb walls and on top of it....wear chain))
its better odds than a kinder egg !!

The only thing that keeps me in game is my RL friends, we have so much fun in PvE and really enjoy that part in the game

Macceh^

Fledgling Freddie
I have played for about two years now, silently of course and endless stream of alts and the odd high leveller here and there, generally dodging the limelight and becoming more of a forum surfer than a poster.

In this time I have become fed up with DAoC several times and have tried to find other games to fill the void, but none seem to satisfy in the way Camelot does. Horizons looked promising however from what i've heard off friends it is still very much in a beta stage with lots of things still missing and lots of bugs still to iron out despite being released.

WoW, well i've waited so long for that the anticipation has left me and after recently returning back to DAoC after over a year I think its safe to say my future for the time being is with ToA, despite the moaning about it the majority of people will end up purchasing this game. Lets face it the allure of DAoC is too grand a chance to pass up, and alot of you would prefer to begin ToA from the beginning than wait a few months and get behind, when you would ultimatley return anyway.

I dont want to pick on people but its comments like:

I even deleted all my lvl 50 chars on Pryd/Alb to keep me from coming back.

That prove the effect Camelot has on some people, im no different though, or I wouldnt keep returning. I'm sure there is such thing as a casual DAoC player but unfortunatly I dont personally know one.

Just my opinions though I would loved to be proved wrong, or maybe I wouldnt who knows.

Macceh

Cerbie

One of Freddy's beloved
I am not leaving. I still like PVE a lot, and I think it will be even getting better with TOA.

I still think the graphics are great, if you take time to look around you and not pl your char all the time.

I agree that the game has changed because of the elite players in it, but I really don't care what level or rr, or sc suits the others are wearing. I like my char. and as long as that is the case I will stay. I still find people who think the same to group with.

As for RVR, that indeed has lost its attraction to me. And I decided to go only on RVR to defend the frontier, take keeps back or defend it. And some organized raids I will go too.

I forget to mention the quests, allthough I sometimes hatet it to run around a lot, there are still some real good ones, with nice effects, which makes it worth to do them.

As long as you aren't able to play all the time, which I think its the case for most of us, it will be hard to get your char. to the elite group in any game.

When WOW comes I will certainly take a look at it, I saw the screenies and it looks great, but I am not sure I can leave my char. which I played for such a long time.

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
1. Will you leave? (if no, then skip the other questions)
Yes
2. Why will you leave?
TOA, But will probably buy it and play some more for boredom. Will leave when DE comes out
3. Will you play another MMORPG and if so which one?
Yes, Dragonempires.

Esoteric

Fledgling Freddie
http://pc.ign.com/articles/449/449158p1.html

The closing statements and certain aspects of this review summed up for me part of why I have quit.

Mind you when TOA is 4.99 or about that I may well get it cause it comes with a free month of play apparently. So save cash on the sub and I can wander about for a bit. Plus even if I was an eager beaver like the whine bashers I'd wait to buy for 1.68D+ patch so that epic hours won't be wasted on bugged quests/items ^^.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Cmos said:
This due to the "balanced realms" :kissit:

Albs : 14 classes
Hibs : 13 classes
Mid : 12 classes

nice realm balance... (wont go into the overpowered classes, not enough space on the forum (did someone say a stealth class with skald songs, healer stuns/mezzes and CM, bonedancer dmg absorb as a grp buff, can climb walls and on top of it....wear chain))

if you think the minstrel unbalances the realms cuz he can do lots of different stuff and having more classes then another realm is actually a ADVANTAGE you might aswell quit now :puke:

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
75% of people posting on this thread will be back within 3 months.

Eroda

Fledgling Freddie
Would like to leave but nothing else worth playing atm tbh.

The game has become more of a stress than actual fun these days (much closer to a FPS than an RPG). Spend ages trying to get groups together only to be killed in a few seconds if enemy mezzes first (and purges are down). Random rvr is dead now too, if your group isn't optimised u may as well not even bother leaving the portal\border keep.

Hopefully ToA and Frontiers will revitalise things.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
hmmm if so many of you in this thread have quit etc why you still read the forums ?

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Moriath said:
hmmm if so many of you in this thread have quit etc why you still read the forums ?

maybe because FH is much funnier then daoc ^^

Cmos

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
if you think the minstrel unbalances the realms cuz he can do lots of different stuff and having more classes then another realm is actually a ADVANTAGE you might aswell quit now :puke:

Erhmmm i wonder where i said all that ??
The mincer part was just me whining abit for the first time on a forum (omg... it felt so good)

AND you forgot to quote the part i said about PvE, never said i´d quit the game... read it all, not just the parts you like :kissit:

Shinlu

Fledgling Freddie
Leaving @ 28 of april for Lineage2.
Fed up with the fact that you hardly can enjoy
daoc without a fg opted setup, and clerics will always
have low usetility.

Kahland

One of Freddy's beloved
I think DAoC will be played, much longer than people think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom