How to tweak graphic settings

Granpa

Fledgling Freddie
This is mine...with the settings advertised

SnotgutsM_008.jpg

ViRnik

Fledgling Freddie
Thank You all for help. Still i dont know whats goin on... cant run it on Xp and Vista32. Im pasting my settings and driver info. Maybe im doin something wrong.
windows XP ati 4850@700/1100:
AA x8 filter: box
adaptive AA: off
AF x16
catalist AI: standard
mipmap detail: max
direct3D: support DXT
driver: 8.522
catalyst: 8.8

I will add Vista when I reboot.
The funniest thing about that is that i can see changes on character login screen (soft edges) but it isnt working IN GAME :((( ....

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
Thank You all for help. Still i dont know whats goin on... cant run it on Xp and Vista32. Im pasting my settings and driver info. Maybe im doin something wrong.
windows XP ati 4850@700/1100:
AA x8 filter: box
adaptive AA: off
AF x16
catalist AI: standard
mipmap detail: max
direct3D: support DXT
driver: 8.522
catalyst: 8.8

I will add Vista when I reboot.
The funniest thing about that is that i can see changes on character login screen (soft edges) but it isnt working IN GAME :((( ....

Should work ingame as well, if you disable specular lightning.

Take a look at this: ATI anti-aliasing support - Warhammer Forums

ViRnik

Fledgling Freddie
OMGOMGOMG its working ;)))) check the link above, page 7, Candymancan post :)

Cirventhor!! beer, wodka and chinks on me ;)

ViRnik

Fledgling Freddie
You dont need too. You are setting low when u exiting the game. Force AA8, AF16 in ccc. Then start a game, login and You see AA working. Now set high quality in game settings and game looks very good :)

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
I wonder if there will be more options once it went live, as I recall seeing screenshots with better shadows at least. The blobs that try to resemble shadows right now are very 90ies. :D

Havent read trough the 2 other pages, so ignore if this was said.
I was swimming in the ocean and was wondering how nice the shadows are i can see with the sun from above, my shadow on the water. So shadows you can change in the settings of the game.

Faya

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Yeah my shadows are good as well, not blobs, but human-shaped.

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
this is what i know i got;

Geforce 7600GS
Amd Athlon 64 3200+ 2.19ghz
1g RAM

dunno which bits of this information is helpful.
Yeah the lag you mentioned is basically your computer having you use your hard drive to store data that really should be stored in ram. Get more ram and you should run the game much better.

Dev Team said:
Improved Graphics Options
We've got some great plans for improved graphics options as we continue through launch. Our number one priority is player performance. It's important in an RvR game for performance to be smooth and allow the game to be accessible to as many people as possible. In order to achieve our goals, we had to ensure a certain level of compatibility between devices. With all of the combinations and options available, we wanted to keep things simple and accessible to everyone.

With that in mind, we have a fix that may improve the ability of higher end machines to load textures, and we will continue to smooth out the process of the way textures load on your screen. In addition to this, we are exploring other options to add which will further enhance the graphics for mid to high range computers. For now, many users are able to turn on features such as anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering using their cards drivers.

So you will get in-game options for shadows, HDR and AA/AF at retail and beyond. :)

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Can't seem to get AA + AF working on my 4870, even when I put them on via the control Centre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom