How to tweak graphic settings

Joor

Can't get enough of FH
Since we cant set Anisotropic filtering or Antialiasing etc ingame , here is what to do ;
Use the Nvidia control panel - manage 3D settings - then add a new (warpatch.exe)

- Anisotropic filtering 16x
- Antialiasing 4x
- Antialiasing transparency - supersampling
- Force mipmaps - Trilinear
- Texture filtering - high quality
- Tribble buffering on

The game is looking 1000 times better now.

This is with a ASUS 280GTX and I have around 50-60 fps on my 24"

Poag

m00?
Ah ha, i was wondering why my textures looked a little 'washed out' even tho i had everything on max, will give this a go later :)

dee777

Loyal Freddie
I wonder if there will be more options once it went live, as I recall seeing screenshots with better shadows at least. The blobs that try to resemble shadows right now are very 90ies. :D

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Gonna try that.. I had really high fps, but i couldnt figure out how to make them show ingame.

The game was stuttering once in a while tho.. Anyone else got this problem? And maybe a fix?

ViRnik

Fledgling Freddie
hmm i cant get this working on my 8600gt and 4850 :( im using latest drivers. What OS you are using??

Poag

m00?
Be sure to do war.exe not warpatch...atleast warpatch didn't work for me but war.exe did :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
ha I was wondering where all the jaggies had suddenly come from o0

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Aye, i found out it was war.exe and not the patch exe.. Working well

Really boosts the grafics alot - looks awsome now :) Especially the main city.. Nice work Mythic, plus it allmoust felt like being back in Tir na nogg :p

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
- Tribble buffering on

Damn those pesky Tribbles

STTroubleTrib.jpg

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
Anyone got anti aliasing working with ATI cards? Specifically the 4870 card.

Tried to force it through the control panel, and it works in the character creation part of the game, but then somehow gets turned off again when entering the actual game.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Anyone got anti aliasing working with ATI cards? Specifically the 4870 card.

Tried to force it through the control panel, and it works in the character creation part of the game, but then somehow gets turned off again when entering the actual game.

Works fine with my 4850.
Sure you have changed the normal AA, not adaptive?
Lastest drivers etc?

Anyone get any problems with screenshots? Whatever one's I take, the contrast has been increased and the colours are all wrong.
I've tried both normal and "super-screenshot", whatever that means.

TdC

not me pikeh, I just mash the Print-Scrn button and all works just fine. I didn't even know there were other ways of making one as I don't have any kind of manual that I am aware of :)

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
A PDF manual downloaded with the patch i saw.

Didn't bother to check it though and im back in work so can't atm :)

TdC

A PDF manual downloaded with the patch i saw.

Didn't bother to check it though and im back in work so can't atm :)
hey thanks, I'll have a look tonight when I get home!

Screenshot i turn out last night with the new settings, after playing for 6 or so hours with it on the new settings.

http://www.witb.eu/gallery/1_09_09_08_4_22_35.jpg

looks pretty spiffy Poag :) how about my Shadow Warrior and your Dark Elf get together on some friday night for some girly talk ;)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Can find everything except the Antialiasing and Antialiasing transparency in the menu, downloaded the latest drivers and still they wont show up in the menu.
Am I doing something wrong or are they in a different window?

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
I was planing on testing this when I got home during my lunch today, but somehow I ended up just playing the game insted

BurgerBoy

Fledgling Freddie
Any Ideas?

My game runs like shit, choppy animation being the worst offender. Tried to alter graphics in-game and on NVidia settings.Been to Can You Run It? Passed with flying colours. Tried running at lowest and hightest settings , niether makes any difference. It's so bad its almost unplayable with enemies bouncing round all over , no way of knowing if my hit's are connecting and collision detection with other players/npc's non-existent.

Anyone still here to offer any words of advice?:(

pikeh

Resident Freddy
My game runs like shit, choppy animation being the worst offender. Tried to alter graphics in-game and on NVidia settings.Been to Can You Run It? Passed with flying colours. Tried running at lowest and hightest settings , niether makes any difference. It's so bad its almost unplayable with enemies bouncing round all over , no way of knowing if my hit's are connecting and collision detection with other players/npc's non-existent.

Anyone still here to offer any words of advice?:(

Care to post your system specs?

Can You Run It? Is not the most reliable source.

BurgerBoy

Fledgling Freddie
When it comes to P.C's im as dumb as a bag of hammers

this is what i know i got;

Geforce 7600GS
Amd Athlon 64 3200+ 2.19ghz
1g RAM

dunno which bits of this information is helpful.

ViRnik

Fledgling Freddie
I tryed both exe files. Still isnt working on 4850 and 8600gt... can u post screenshots?? and what windows you are using?? maybe im using wrong settings! im goin to work now, see You later! Hope when im back case will be solved:p

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I tryed both exe files. Still isnt working on 4850... can u post screenshots?? and what windows you are using??

I'm using Vista64x
But now you mention it, there are still some jagged edges. Like my DoK's swords etc. Even with full AA it seems it dosent cut out all of it.
Ill post a screenie when I figure out why it seems to up the saturation on every one I take.

Joor

Can't get enough of FH
When it comes to P.C's im as dumb as a bag of hammers

this is what i know i got;

Geforce 7600GS
Amd Athlon 64 3200+ 2.19ghz
1g RAM

dunno which bits of this information is helpful.

You really need 2 GB RAM .
WAR.exe uses about 800 mb - and even more after some hours playtime.
Anything above a 1024x768 resolution with your graphic card will not be playable..

You can get 2GB ram for nothing and I would also get a ATI 3850 or a 8800 gs for your PC

BurgerBoy

Fledgling Freddie
Thx for advice, going to get some more ram right this second, after fighting for 3 days to get into beta, i think i owe it to myself.In fact i deserve it goddamnit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom