How to start up on Camlann for dummies.

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Just a little guide, since we expect alot of people moving to Camlann from the frustrations of the RvR servers. If you see anything wrong, or want something to be added please contact me.

1) So you want to play Camlann? If you want to relieve some stress, camlann could be the place to be! However somedays you might get even more stress, in which case don't take it out on your friends or computer. If you are easily pissed off, Camlann isn't the place for you. It'll save you time and effort not coming here if you can't stand being killed again and again.

2) Pick a reasonable class and name. Trust me, we are all tired of the names Wtfpwnedya, Iamtehbdthatowns, Lolyoudied etc. Plus unless you want to get chained by level 50s as well, don't roll a bonedancer. In fact, NEVER roll a bonedancer. And even if you do, spec darkness or bone army. It would be best if you just started camlann to roll a class that can get groups, but can also solo. These can include tanks, light tanks and casters.

3) Get to know your class. This can be by pve'ing the first 5.0, reading online guides, or even playing a class that you know from your home server. This'll help you alot, and give you an advantage to the other /level people who honestly have no clue how to play their char (not all the time true). Also be sure to spec it properly. If you go wrong, at level 20 you can use the single line /respec, or just reroll. You can use Daoc Catacombs to help you with this.

4) Roll a necro! A necro is really useful. You can farm with it, for cash/seals to buy armour for your 'main char' on camlann. Almost everyone at higher level (unless they can farm themselves) have a necro. If you don't like necro, perhaps roll another farming class. It'll help you alot, and you won't need to beg for cash in the capitals everyday. Also armour gives you a mega advantage over the /level people with their non-bonus'd armour. Unless you are using the /invincible cheat, you will still not to be able to take on a fg of them though, not intil your higher (for someone in my guild, no names mentioned).

5) After rolling your necro, go farm with it. Sometimes its best to farm offpeak times, such as early weekday mornings (7am-2pm) or early weekends (7am-12pm). Might not be neccesary if your are just starting, but it'll help you avoid pk's in your exp zones. There are a variety of places where your necro can exp. Up to level 30 they are as below:

19-22: Faint Grim (Snowdonia)
21-23: Undead Apple Trees, Seedsman (Isle of Glass Border, Seedsman plant the trees)
24-29: Grey Ghosts (Isle of Glass border)
27-30: Undead Monks (Llyn Barfog)
27-28: Legionaires (Cornwall)
28-35: Catacombs of Cordova (most monsters)
29-36: Dunters (Lyonesse)

After around level 35, higher levels will be pk'ing your necro now. Because you don't have much chance against them (no cc's except a snare which is pretty much crap), and because your pet dies fast, it is best to exp in private places. Lyonesse is okay, but only offpeak. You can try and find some places level 36-50ish on your homeserver before coming to Camlann, so you avoid pk'ing. Now with nf, I'm sure if you explore the frontiers, there'll be alot of mobs where you can hunt around your level, and you can avoid a lot of pk'ers (except guards, damn them).

6) After your necro is high enough, and you have some decent cash, you can check housing zone for some armour, or even get sc'ed. Sc af60 (level 30) armour costs no more then 120g. To sc it, you can pm me (Cavel/aka Gwoap), or another crafter, no more than senior, online. If you ask me, I'll charge no more than 100g. I don't do oc yet though :D. After that go pwn people, get rpts, pve a bit, then get to level 50. It is advised to work on a sc for levels 36-50 though, and around level 36-40 (while you are green to 50 and have virtually no chance killing them) to pve, or group with other levels around yours. This'll help you avoid alot of const loss, which does add up overtime.

7) Final point: Be persistant. If you die, /release and seek revenge (if you can). If you aren't persistant, you won't get far in Camlann. Its a tough server, and its like the RvR servers on Hard mode. Also try and have fun on Camlann ;). If your not having fun, is it really worth it?

Hope this guide helps you. Not all of it may apply to you, it is what I did to try and get started on this server. Another point that might help, is to start it with a friend, and you can duo together.

Have fun. Ask me in game, or over pm if you need any more help.

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Natswoo said:
Btw Cavel me > you in the miss universe contest
Shame you didn't enter though? :m00:

And bah at me spelling dummys wrong.

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Overdriven said:
Warn them about green cons..

"GREY KILLER!"
Okie.

8) Before spamming the hell out of a purple for killing you, saying that he grey killed you, think again. Just because he is purple, doesn't mean you are grey. The way the colour tables work, are as follows:

Colour he is to you ----------------- Colour he sees you
Grey -------------------------------- Purple
Green ------------------------------- Purple or red
Blue --------------------------------- Red
Yellow ------------------------------- Yellow (if same level) or orange
Orange ------------------------------ Yellow
Red --------------------------------- Blue
Purple ------------------------------- Green or Grey

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Make #8 a seperate post and make it sticky please :p Then post it everywhere.

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
there is a golden rule to see if you were grey killed.

if you lost con, you were NOT grey to him.

Sulphur

Fledgling Freddie
Or he just grouped his level 20 bb and is one-shotting you for money

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
Sulphur
Banned from FreddysHouse!

pwned
anyway nice guide, shame it wasnt a year ago :)

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
# Dont whine if you get chained in MM instead change spot? Add that imo....

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Ame said:
Okie.

8) Before spamming the hell out of a purple for killing you, saying that he grey killed you, think again. Just because he is purple, doesn't mean you are grey. The way the colour tables work, are as follows:

Colour he is to you ----------------- Colour he sees you
Grey -------------------------------- Purple
Green ------------------------------- Purple or red
Blue --------------------------------- Red
Yellow ------------------------------- Yellow (if same level) or orange
Orange ------------------------------ Yellow
Red --------------------------------- Blue
Purple ------------------------------- Green or Grey

nice consistency there on the red-green part.

oh and Wirey, how can you be retired while active?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
ooohh he is on a roll. fl3a should be the mayor of london imo

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Amuse said:
there is a golden rule to see if you were grey killed.

if you lost con, you were NOT grey to him.
I've killed greens sometimes where they loose no cash, and I just get exp. Think its around level 40 when that happens.

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
yeah there's a few "dodgy" levels where these things can happen

a) You con green to someone but don't lose con from dying to them
b) You con blue to someone but they con purple to you

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Nedo said:
# Dont whine if you get chained in MM instead change spot? Add that imo....
Who are you as well.. why can't people have their names in siggies?

And I didn't whine, I tried to sort it out.

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Actually, camlann is not "rvr servers on hardmode"

Only part that is "hard" is lvling up(this has NOTHING to do with rvr servers), from that point, it's a lot easier to kill people as there are more soloers than on rvr servers, I find a lot of 1on1 fights daily, just have to be careful, and of course, having 33+13 stealth helps me pick fights too ;p

To think of it, leveling up on camlann has the bonus of you being able to kill other players for xp/ roll the best pl characters and pl yourself up. Whereas the rvr servers (good example: pryd/hib) can easily get you stalled on any level unless you have access to powerleveling.

So it's not so hard after all, only "different".

Try leveling in my home server (pryd/hib) where I came from, then come back after you tried and say if camlann is such a hardmode :p.

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:

Only part that is "hard" is lvling up(this has NOTHING to do with rvr servers), from that point, it's a lot easier to kill people as there are more soloers than on rvr servers, I find a lot of 1on1 fights daily, just have to be careful, and of course, having 33+13 stealth helps me pick fights too ;p

To think of it, leveling up on camlann has the bonus of you being able to kill other players for xp/ roll the best pl characters and pl yourself up. Whereas the rvr servers (good example: pryd/hib) can easily get you stalled on any level unless you have access to powerleveling.

Try leveling in my home server (pryd/hib) where I came from, then come back after you tried and say if camlann is such a hardmode :p.
Ahem.. <points to siggy at the enchanter from prydwen>. But I did go to fin4 for some of it :D.

And Camlann exp is just a bit harder than on Hibernia/Prydwen. You can't solo, unless you find a nice spot in the middle of nowhere, or you'll just get ganked. You hardly get groups (unless guild groups), around levels 30-40. And when you do get 40+ and try to get an exp group, level 50 groups can find you and gank you yet again.

Exp is usually restricted on Camlann to the spots that noone quite know much, and they might not know this because the exp actually sucks. Whereas, on the RvR servers you can go anywhere freely without the risk of dying (except in NF), unless they are camped.

And I didn't just mean on the exp region that its harder than on RvR. Toa is way much harder than on the RvR servers, getting groups is harder unless you are guilded, or have the right classes.

Now lets play a nice game of spot the contradictions in this post :D

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:

Agree 100% the only "harder" thing is to get ml's and artis sorted as its constant "war" about it...more ganksetups on regular server and less soloers/duoers so you dont have options there like you have on Cam.

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
Ame said:

Cause listing names in siggies dont mean anything?

I played Nedovia a healer in <Fear> and a bunch of non 50 pk chars also have buncha 50s on Hib/Pryd. Atm not playing Cam but on a other RvR server....im not gonna quote youre pm's on our board but that was whine, so cant really take this thread serious no matter how hard I try.

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
very important to ignore the "uber l33t" PKers that spam you with shit if you ever happen to kill their alt ^^
(i dont speak german so its generally rambling supposed to look german :p)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
(scenario)
random german: das grozze kadang das was kleine dassvasser do bist toten grosskopf!!!!111

random player: err what?

random german: der gimp kleine das ordnung gekillen mich krasser fasser crauch do bist assloch!!!!

random player: i dont speak german ^^

random german: you spam killed want yes? du bist toten!!!

random player: ..

random german: ich will come to dich unt spamgekillen dich mit my level 50 infil HAHAHAHAHAH!!! jaaa helga ich will!!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Camlann brings out the worst in ppl (not only germans, it was just ive had so many funny confrontations like this)
ppl will spam you with shit just becos they feel it's their right to do so and some will even log on their lvl50 main chars and harass you if there's any thruth behind the threats.
90% of the cases "i will come spam you with my level 50 <insert class>!!!!" is pure bullshit tho.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Ame said:

nedo is uber

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom