how to quench the most imbue into an item

O

old.Hellskor

Since the new Lelaidas SC Calculator is out, you see even the 0.5imbue increases.
So let's gather the SC Temps to quench in the most value possible into an item, or in numbers : 5.5pts OC

What I can recall on short notice :

lvl51 99%

19 Stat
3 Skill
7% Resist
9% Resist

33,5 of 28

lvl51 100%

22 Stat
22 Stat
4 Skill
4 Skill

37.5 of 32

25 Stat
52 Hits
7% Resist
9% Resist

37.5 of 32

feel free to add more "How-to-get-more" Temps :)
Maybe it helps the SC-n00bs with planning their temps too ;)

S

spathi

you probably want to include the UVs of those combinations - most efficient way to SC (get the max from your stuff) is to use 4 gems, all of the same/similar prices, and preferably as many different stats/types as poss... i cant be bothered to fiddle but e.g.

lvl51 mp

Resist 9 -8g 92s
Resist 9 -8g 92s
Resist 9 -8g 92s
Hits 44 -8g 89s

UV 65

M

medowind

+ power is apprently almost useless too

K

kryin

Highest utility possible i guess to bad so few classes can use it ;p

+4 skill
+4 skill
+4 skill
+4 skill

UV=80
Imbue = 37,5 of 32

G

Goryk

Don't go by UV value, as it's based towards certain stats...

a 4x 22 stat OC has the same imbue points per gem as a 4x4 skill OC but the stat piece has 58.7UV and the skills one has 80.0 UV, despite the gems being interchangable without changing the total cap. In reality the UV modifier for +skills should be 3.675UV per +1 skill and not 5.00UV. The whole UV method is a little messed up as it was originally created to be easily calculated in your ehad so they approximated all the UV modifiers. As a result, items with + skill on have an inflated UV rating compared to the imbue points on them...

The highest imbue point gem on an item is doubled in cost, so to get the the best out of your gear, you want the highest point gem to be as low as possible. As you have 3 gems(normal) + 1 gem(x2 cost), you should make all gems = (ItemMaxUV/5) for the best fit.

100% level 51: 37.5/5 = 7.5 per gem

This can be any combination of +22 stat, +4 skill, +60 hits. However, as resist step up from 6.0 imbue - 8.0 imbue they won't fit in as easy. As a result you just need to balance a resist or two which go over the cap with a resist or two which are just under the cap. For instance, 9%,9%,7% resist/power + any of the 7.5 imbue point gems above. It jsut takes a little bit of messing around to get it right. Keep as many items in these formats and you'll get most out of your armour. This isn't always possible, especially when trying to total +11 skills and the like, or adding focus gems, it it's the best way to get most out of your armour.

For 99% level 51, you have 33.5 IP/5 = 6.7 imbue points per gem average. Obviously, no gems will fit exactly but balance it around this to best effect.

Combo's:

100%:

4xskill / 22 stat / 60 hits 15.0
4xskill / 22 stat / 60 hits 7.5
37.5 IP
Efficiency = (15/15) x 100 = 100%

9% resist / 9 Power 16.0
9% resist / 9 Power 8.0
7% resist / 7 Power 6.0
37.5 IP
Efficiency = (15/16) x 100 = 93.75%

3xskill 5.0
9% resist / 9 Power 8.0
25 stat / 68 hits 17.0
37.5 IP
Efficiency = (15/17) x 100 = 88.24%

99%:

3x Skill 5.0
7% resist / 7 Power 6.0
4xskill / 22 stat / 60 hits 15.0
33.5 IP
Efficiency = (13.4/15) x 100 = 89.33%

3x Skill 5.0
7% resist / 7 Power 6.0
9% resist / 9 Power 16.0
19 stat / 52 hits 6.5
33.5 IP
Efficiency = (13.4/16) x 100 = 83.75%

9% resist / 9 Power 16.0
7% resist / 7 Power 6.0
7% resist / 7 Power 6.0
16 stat / 44 hits 5.5
33.5 IP
Efficiency = (13.4/16) x 100 = 83.75%

There are plenty of others which come to the exact amount. However, the higher the imbue point value of the highest gem, the worse you are getting out of it. The closer that high gem value is to the Maximum imbue value of the gem/2.5 the better it is basically. Thats the efficiency rating I gave the itmes above. Don't read too much into it, as the numbers don't mean anything really except as a comparison against other combinations. Was just an easy way to work out how efficient the combinations were. The ones I listed are all reasonable. However if you take this combination someone posted, you can see why it is wise to keep as average as possible :)

13% resist
9% power
2% resist
1% resist
33.5 IP
Efficiency = (13.4/24) x 100 = 55.83%

S

Skrad

Hmmm, I was understanding it until Goryk posted ;)

O

old.Hardbein

Thanx Goryk....eureka !!11 :p

Finaly some1 who made me understand the "secrets" of SCing :) /cheer

Well u learn something every day :)

S

SoulFly Amarok

7%
7%

9%
5%

37 imbue :E

G

Goryk

Hihi sorry if that confused you.. what started off as a tiny post kept get edited and edited into that lot so it's probably a little convoluted :> Should have kept it short and sweet like it originally was :)

K

krill-nyd

Actually, that made sense Goryk. Lots of sense.

O

old.windforce

As an LM SC i try to explain what Goryk says to my customers sometimes

from now on ill just post the link to this thread

TY

O

old.Mu.

Erm, wow. Those tips made my SC template much more efficient. Much, much, much more efficient. So much so that the last few items I planned now go as low as 14/28 imbue points, simply because there is nothing left for me to cap.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing, from a spellcrafting point of view? On one hand, everything is capped; on the other, it's kind of a waste..

I mean, should I try squeezing useless stuff like str and qui in there? Or maybe try spacing out the imbues over more items?

Heh.. Never thought I'd be asking that.

O

old.Hellskor

+Strength never hurts

in the worst case you can always add some +charisma/empathy if you like ;)

... or add other +skills in case you respec one day

O

old.Vae

Remember the next patch enables you to overcap your stats so feel free to go over the +75 now.

C

Cami

Originally posted by old.Vae
Remember the next patch enables you to overcap your stats so feel free to go over the +75 now.

Nah, they put that "feature" on hold afaik ?

O

old.Hellskor

Stat cap from items will still be +75

Buffs won't cap at +125 anymore tho, so Full Aug/Enhance with Mastery of the Arcane V could be around +150-175ish (not sure about exact numbers)

Y

Yussef

Think it's 64/94 for base/spec buffs next patch.

C

Cap

Big thanks for the ppl posting the tips, spent some time in the sc program trying to get efficient combos without figureing out the patterns.

S

Solid

if you want the most efficient item possible, imbue it with 4 gems of value 7.5 Imbue each, aka 4x skill, 4x 22stat etc.

I found this combo to be one of my favourite for gloves and boots and 1H Weap and Shields MP Lev 51:

+4 skill
+3 Skill
+25 Stat
+9% Resist

and for Hauberk and Legs this is a nice one:

+22 Stat
+22 Stat
+52 hits
+9% Resist

For people who like to plan for a TG 2H weapon this can often be a useful combo:

2H Weap slot: MP Lev 51

+5 Weapon
+3 Parry
7% Resist
7% Resist

2H Weap slot: 99% Lev 51

+5 Weapon
+3 Parry
5% Resist
5% Resist

Thsi works great for a later swap to one of the TG weaps that usually have stat allocation of:

+5 Weapon
+3 Parry
6% Resist
6% Resist

O

old.Emma

Currently designed my Savages template to accomodate the TG sword.

Dragon Shadow Great Sword is

5 sword
3 parry
16 str
6% heat

the one i did using a 99% weapon

5 sword
3 parry
19 str
3% heat

slightly over on the str, ad heat slightly lower, but i can literally swap them over and retain my capped stats.

O

oldtimer

This thread should be made a sticky. The information in it is really good for those that struggle with the sc templates.

C

Cap

Just thought I'd add a guidline for people choseing jewlery for their sc, go with resists (if possible) so that you either cap the resist or are 5% or more from capping it. 1-3% resists jewels takes up what usually is valuable space on a item. Same should go with stats/hits/etc but haven't thought out a general pointer on that yet.

Users who are viewing this thread