How to kill a Boney?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
As usual everyone one has a theory,
'Oh it's easy they say, just take out his healer'
Hmmmmm
Saw a Troll hold off six Albs , I mean all reasonable players, few caster, scout ,merc.
He lasted for about 20 seconds...with 6 people on his ass.

He killed 2 before we got him.

That's not good play, just totally, utterly, mind boggleingly overpowered.

Darkmack

One of Freddy's beloved
Mezz him + pets gank him... and i don't understand how there were 6 unable to kill him in under 10 seconds reasonable players they must suck the most a bonedancer can keep busy is 2 ?? what were the other 4 doing /dance? reasonable players as in what i really do not see what the FUCK they were doing lifetap healer cant outperform 4 people shooting,nuking,meleeing on him...

in bg ive had a scout kill BDs, PA > them most of the time, Mezz again + gank, 2 bolts off fire wizzy/eld can kill one or very nearly kill, battlebard told me he killed one ? got jump though...

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
was prolly aldorans, the albs were scared to attack because he might use his 'summoin zerg' ability

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Job said:
Hmmmmm
Saw a Troll hold off six Albs , I mean all reasonable players, few caster, scout ,merc.

I mean all reasonable players

these two statements appear to be mutually exclusive

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm?
Its simple, can you 6 people do more than 120 damage every 4 seconds?

If you can't, you gotta hope he gets bad resists/gos OOM.

My firewizzy used to be able to 2 shot them with bolts, merc can kill 2 of them on him (Stun > bonedancers he normaly 3 shots them)

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
I think bds are more overpowered in bgs than they are in real RvR too, in bgs they are ridiculous tried one the other day and was just laughing at how OP they were when noone had resists.

Still possible to kill them tho, either some sort of instakill or stun them (healerpet alone will not be able to keep him alive for long, its the lifetap that keeps him alive) or mess the pets (preferably followed up by a stun on the bd ;))

pikeh

Resident Freddy
the most effective way, i have found is to hit the commander pet a couple of times the switch to BD. this is a good tactic if you can deal a lot of dmg in a couple of hits, as the healer pets concentrate on the commanders at first, so give them something to do while you beat down the caster. but having said that, it dosent often work, bd's are overpowered in the extreme.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
6 people prolly werent buffed, the bd was simple
Same way at least one of you will die taking out most fully buffed classes.
Personally i just laugh at the fact they "need" buffs to kill anything :)

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
An inf can drop them quite well. Just gotta consider the problems. Never face your opponent. There you go a clue to infs on how to kill a bd.

krall

Fledgling Freddie
U have 2 mezz BD and pets. Then kill the comander then the healer dieds aswell, since the comander is ...yes well the comander of the pets :D

That will leave the bd whit his LT..and what ever skill he have. Heh then u "just" kill him off.

HenningPrimdahl(Maybe ill be 50) :puke:

Jacilja

Fledgling Freddie
Drop bunch shrooms watch dumb arse bd run through them honestly beliving he/she has god mode, only to see them go boom about 2 secs after mushys insta kill commander or them, seems work fine for me in leirvik :p

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Job said:

Could only be in a BG and the players that died have gimped resists and the bd was buffed and higher level or half those ppl were afk or on wrong quickbar or something else ridiculous.

1 vs 1 BD are difficult (depending on class) but in a group of six unless there are many many things in the bd favour he should be toast very fast.

Bhalage

Fledgling Freddie
krall said:
U have 2 mezz BD and pets. Then kill the comander then the healer dieds aswell, since the comander is ...yes well the comander of the pets :D

That will leave the bd whit his LT..and what ever skill he have. Heh then u "just" kill him off.

HenningPrimdahl(Maybe ill be 50) :puke:

vs a caster it is almost impossible i wrote down for u once and here it comes again why dont u understand it?????

what is this shit : "That will leave the bd whit his LT..and what ever skill he have. Heh then u "just" kill him off."
????????????????????

after the 1st insta lifetap u are INTERRUPTED
what class are u talking about????
1st mezz him. ok so bard sorc theur cleric +sorry what hib class got mezz i forgot (note: bard wont mezz BD unless its afk)

and then what????

then sit down and watch yourself pwned....

seriously u are either clueless or i dont know what are u talking about, but if u dont understand what am i saying i can show u come to excalibur i make lvl20 BD and u come and mezz me and ill show you hows it going if u break your own mezz on me....

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
As a sorc you can kill a bd 1v1 in bgs, it requires some luck but it is possible.

AE-mess -> Run to his back so he has to face you to get his lifetap off (This gives you 2-3 seconds extra on a nuke since you cant LT right away after facing, you will only get the "not visible" text) also dont forget to put pet on him as you need all the extra damage you can get, this should give you 2 nukes on the bd. -> Quickcast 3rd nuke if he manages to get his LT off, this should kill him unless he has SCd suit with high bodyresists.

Ive done it a few times on camlann and it works, just not every time. BDs are very op in the bgs mostly since noone has resists or buffs, get both and you will kill him once in a while.

Or you can mess the bd, set pet on him while pets are messed and kite him around a bit, he has no choice but to engage your pet or die to it, then you sprint back and nuke him, if he turns on you kite again forving him to go on pet again.

(EDIT: Oh and spec your thid Sorc 15 Mind 18 Body so you do more damage, I know ppl say dont splitspec early, I think it actually works on a sorc)

When I tried a bd in Thid another class that was causing me trouble was a LW specced Champion actually.
Str/Con debuff -> DD -> Hit with LW = me almost dead, like 10% hps left and that champ was a lurikeen, had he been a firby Im sure I would have died, hehe

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
I should also add that with such a stupidly powerful class if you meet someone who can play it well you probably wont win no matter what you do but in bg there arent many that have experience in the class they are playing in there.

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Job said:

BD isnt more overpowerd then an inf or a sorc.

even less in bg1 seeing almost any scout, inf, ranger or NS can 1 shot them if they are unbuffed.. 2/3shot if buffed.

done it plenty on excal :D

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Job said:
Hmmmmm

Hmm so how do six people manage to lose 2 of there number to a solo bd?

no mindboggleing tactics for a 6 man group to kill a solo bd if what you say is true I think your looking at a few things here.
1 he was fully buffed and sc'd and the 6 man group wasnt (had gimp resists etc)
2 he was at the higest level alowed in the bg and the 6 man group wasnt
3 your meaning of reasonable players is ppl that are afk or spamming a button on the wrong quickbar for half the fight
4 a combination of the previous 3

poisono

Fledgling Freddie
Ive had times with my BG BD where I have had 3/4 people on me and killed the lot of them.... They are a nice class as long as u dont come up against a team of archers....

boppas

Fledgling Freddie
Ive just capped in Molv (over on exc) wit my BD.. & they can be taken down pretty easily if the enemy has a clue on how to play there char.

My biggest prob was stealthers (mainly infils) getting the jump, but if they missed there PA, they lost.

Im not one of these players who goes & gets an SC'd template for BG's (spoils the fun tbh) & i dont run a BB in BG, Yes they are a tough class to meet in BG (especially solo) but they aren't "un-beatable" as alot of ppl seem to think.

A chanter can probably solo one nps if he knws how to play his char.

Stun the BD using QC if hes onto u wit LT & nuke BD, send caster pet on Commander = dead BD

Theres many ways to gank a BD, all it takes is for you to know how to play yur char ;)

durng my time in molv i did meet some pretty clueless albs (especially casters) \o/

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
boppas said:
Ive just capped in Molv (over on exc) wit my BD.. & they can be taken down pretty easily if the enemy has a clue on how to play there char.

My biggest prob was stealthers (mainly infils) getting the jump, but if they missed there PA, they lost.

Im not one of these players who goes & gets an SC'd template for BG's (spoils the fun tbh) & i dont run a BB in BG, Yes they are a tough class to meet in BG (especially solo) but they aren't "un-beatable" as alot of ppl seem to think.

Stun the BD using QC if hes onto u wit LT & nuke BD, send caster pet on Commander = dead BD

Theres many ways to gank a BD, all it takes is for you to know how to play yur char ;)

durng my time in molv i did meet some pretty clueless albs (especially casters) \o/

Think you could do it with a solo hero then... ^^ nope not really, I know this to be imposs.. if the hero wins, the one playing the BD have to be stoopid...I wonder if it even matters how stoopid of a player you would be really :p

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Elrandhir said:
Think you could do it with a solo hero then... ^^ nope not really, I know this to be imposs.. if the hero wins, the one playing the BD have to be stoopid...I wonder if it even matters how stoopid of a player you would be really :p

Could say the same about any main tank vs any caster solo especially in the BG's.

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
boppas said:

Yeah I could see how that would work... if the BD did bugger all back.
Sadly you will find that if the BD knows what hes doing and doesn't JUST spam LT then no ... the enchanter would loose.
Given that the LT is gonna interupt, the comander is gonna interupt and you have already used your stun, all the BD has to do is spam LT and DD for teh win :)

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Yeke said:
Could say the same about any main tank vs any caster solo especially in the BG's.

Not really mate sure a caster probably kills a tank, still you have a chance.. against a BD there really is none as solo tank...

boppas

Fledgling Freddie
Ive played a chanter in RvR (as well as BG's) & it isnt hard to kill a BD wit an enchanter ;)

As soon u stun the BD (using QC) u can easily stun the commander, providing your @ range.. then 3-4 nukes (as well as your pet nuking) the BD drops.

Any tank @ distance has a tough time against any casters if its 1v1, not just BD's ...fire wizz/RM/chanter/BD are just a few... close range is where BD's come into there own as a caster.. whereas most other casters once in melee range, are screwed ;)

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
same old story :)
there has been this same question time after time, some people kill bone easily, some not.
how those few make it? its correct class, played how it ment and voila.

Zede

Part of the furniture
didnt we have a how to kill a bd thread a short while back ?

anyway, Air Theurgs make it easy, mezz, stun pets, nuke.

Matter Cabbie good chance too, NS, 2 x Dot, lifetap nuke

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Elrandhir said:
Not really mate sure a caster probably kills a tank, still you have a chance.. against a BD there really is none as solo tank...

Sorry but I fail to see how any caster (unless gimped spec wise) could lose to any main tank, every caster has some form of CC and QC at bg levels main tanks dont have a stun style that can be used vs casters or anything to interupt them with.

Only way a main tank will kill a caster is if he gets too the caster without the knowledge of the caster and then qc <insert cc name here> fails and they have no pet that can stun/slow/heal/whatever to save them.

<edit* Only other way is relying on spells being chain resisted not something that happens every day and hardly something you would rely on.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
OKy Chanter sees BD 99/100 you are insta life tapped, so you qc stun
2 secs
then you stun commander
4secs
then you start light cast on BD
1 hit
you recast
he insta life taps you..hes back to full health, your on 30%
The commander is on it's way, you have no QC and the BD is closing in, being healed by his healer,

BYE BYE

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
well from playing camlann I was surrounded by bds and I know u wont believe this but here it goes ...

my shade specced crit and poisons often 1 hitted bds same lvl ..

my runemaster and void eld both nuke spec usually 2 hitted same cons or occasionsally I stunned the healer then hit him with last base line ..

my thane ( fully scd hammer troll ) could 2 hit them if bt was down ..when bt wasnt down and i played the swing and miss game I still usually won and with the thane I could take red bds if I got lucky ..then again I was wearing sc..

krall

Fledgling Freddie
Dear Bhalage....

Maybe it would be an idear to read the post befor u call me clueless :D....The dude is/was asking howcome 6 ppl lost to a BD. I could have called them clueless, but I dont call other ppl that in public(u nerver know when it turns back on ya self). Never the less....this is not a qustion of one vs. one as it seems u have mistaken it to be :confused:, but more like 6 vs. one. Hope this make it more clear for u.

Krall/Olm/HenningPrimdahl/atm BetteKrall:flame:

Still aktive :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom