How to get the 3rd English server...

L

longshot

Originally posted by Cyradix
I don't think we want to see anything like :
Je valt de boskabouter aan met uw bijl en raakt voor 97 levenspunten

LOL or something like "Du angriber bobbing boobrie med dit spyd og rammer for 164 (+15) skade!" :)

S

Sabu

3rd english server? you want a 500 peeps server and kill Prydwen?

3rd english server is just stupid with the actual population of englilsh servers.

S

StormriderX

Why give 3rd english server when pryd isn't full?

E

etaew

chars on each realm would be nice.. on an english not foreign server.. prehaps :)

L

-Lonewolf-

At peak time we have over 4000 people on Excalibur and Prydwen

On the american servers on the lowest server u have 800 people and it is perfectly fine. I play ohn Galahad if anyone doubts my evidence

As I have stated so many fooking times and for the record I will do it in bold

-GIVE US A THIRD SERVER.
-REVIEW THE POPULATION SHIFT OVER A 3 MONTH PERIOD.
-IF THE FIGURES SHOW IT IS IMPACTING OTHER SERVER OR ITS POPULATION IS TO LOW DISBAND IT.
-VOILA

Its that fooking simple it ain't rocket and it gives people that chance

And before someone goes

YES BUT WHAT ABOUT IF THE SERVER DIES IN THREE
MONTHS AND I MADE A LVL 50 ON THERE AND I LOSE IT

Well then it would be communicated to users before they joined and if that would impact the users wanting to join then there is no reason that people cannot have their 3 months subs reimbursed or even port characters onto other servers

And if that is not agreed the server will slowly die off anyhow if its that unpopular

The evidence I provide for that is Camlann which was HUGE then died off and is now quite popular

And when stressed why don't they disband it GOA said that people were entitled to a different style of play

Why then am I prevented from playing all 3 realms??

But I personally believe it would be a success and allow greater possibilities for marketing in England about DAoC

I ideally would see it like this

Excalibur 1500-1700
Prydwen 1500-1700
Lothian 800-1000

Of course I stress the word IDEALLY

Let me know what you think

N

ning

Originally posted by -Lonewolf-

Lothian 800-1000

Don't dream, during the last summer, there were 150 players at peak time on Lothian.

R

Repent Reloaded

Originally posted by longshot
What about we -all- pick some French server and a specific realm... like peaceful hippiehappy Hibernia... on that server... then pop in and make a huge mess speaking ->English<- all over the place and generally being a big pain in the arse. When asked what we're doing there, we'll just say that we felt like trying out the 3rd realm. That should give 'em some of their own medicine ;)
we dont need a 3rd english server imo.

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Je selecteert de boskabouter.
Je gaat in vecht mode
Je bereid de plaag bijl stijl voor.
Je voert de plaag bijl stijl perfect uit (+21)
De boskabouter beweegt langzamer

;)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

That would make me rofl all the way from 20 to 50.

O

old.Ramas

-GIVE US A THIRD SERVER.
-IF THE FIGURES SHOW IT IS IMPACTING OTHER SERVER OR ITS POPULATION IS TO LOW DISBAND IT.
-VOILA

This would be a fantastic way to piss absolutely everyone off. It must logically either have far too few people or affect the populations of excal/prydwen as it stands, because there are not enough players for 3 servers today and the number of servers would make no difference to the number of players we have in the short or medium term.

1) People who move to the new server will moan that no-one else has come because GOA said it's probably tmeporary.

2) People who move will be pissed when it shuts down.

3) People who don't move will be pissed that they lose their population.

4) They will then continue to be pissed when the population does not return because all the 3rd server people quit permanently when their new server got killed.

Thankfully GOA are smarter than this.

Hence no 3rd server.

O

old.Ramas

Also note that both ToA and Frontiers are likely to increase the ideal population total of a DAoC server.

U

uglymug

Je gaat in vecht mode
:clap:

oppassen voor die boskabouters ... die BEVen (brengen een vriend) soms een heks

L

-Lonewolf-

Originally posted by old.Ramas
This would be a fantastic way to piss absolutely everyone off. It must logically either have far too few people or affect the populations of excal/prydwen as it stands, because there are not enough players for 3 servers today and the number of servers would make no difference to the number of players we have in the short or medium term.

1) People who move to the new server will moan that no-one else has come because GOA said it's probably tmeporary.

2) People who move will be pissed when it shuts down.

3) People who don't move will be pissed that they lose their population.

4) They will then continue to be pissed when the population does not return because all the 3rd server people quit permanently when their new server got killed.

Thankfully GOA are smarter than this.

Hence no 3rd server.

I think you have a very low opinion of DAoC Europe population and if you were ever here when Camlann opened then you would know that all of the above never happened and that server is still up

At the end of the day your never gonna really know the population shift until they open a third server

And as for TOA and frontiers if anything that will INCREASE the population on servers as GOA will have to probably stock them in stores in england and as I am led to believe there are hardly any DAoC copies in stores in England at the moment

Such a shame that the minority people are gonna stop england from being able to play all 3 realms just for their own selfish reasons

Christ the last two french servers only hold 800-1000 people each and they are doing fine

How did they know that adding a 4th server would help the population balance

Answer they didn't till they created it

In conclusion the population argument is kinda wet and no one can really provide enough evidence to show that excalibur or prydwen would be dramatically affected

Until GOA take a risk and try the third server which I believe this latest promotion is aiming to promote, you and i will just have half a service while the germans and french enjoy a large and enjoyable server option

C

Cavex ElSaviour

Je gaat in vecht mode

;)

:clap: :clap: Boskabouters voor de win :clap: :clap:

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by -Lonewolf-
-GIVE US A THIRD SERVER.
-VOILA

With all due respec this would suck majorly ;)

incidentally the biggest whines I hear about on the US servers are about underpopulated servers....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom