How to get a reply from RightNow? GOA fix your webserver clocks part 2!

GReaper

Part of the furniture
After the suggestion of using RightNow first from [thread=52795]this thread[/thread] ages ago, I did!

Code:
Please forward this to your webserver admins, sorry if this is in the wrong category (yet again):

Two of the webservers answering requests for camelot-europe.goa.com have out of date clocks:

tomkins@gentoo ~ $ telnet camelot-europe.goa.com 80
Trying 193.252.123.35...
Connected to camelot-europe.goa.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
HEAD /herald/nb_connected2.xml HTTP/1.0

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 22:34:09 GMT
Server: Apache
Last-Modified: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 22:33:37 GMT
ETag: "30800c-47e-3b7eed41"
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Content-Length: 1150
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/xml

Connection closed by foreign host.

tomkins@gentoo ~ $ telnet camelot-europe.goa.com 80
Trying 193.252.123.35...
Connected to camelot-europe.goa.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
HEAD /herald/nb_connected2.xml HTTP/1.0

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 00:34:19 GMT
Server: Apache
Last-Modified: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 00:33:44 GMT
ETag: "17f7d-47e-3b7f0968"
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Content-Length: 1150
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/xml

Connection closed by foreign host.

I can currently see 3 different replies:

- Saturday, 18 August 2001
- Sunday, 19 August 2001
- Thursday, 23 June 2005 (correct clock)

Websites which rely on the webservers date for XML downloads tend to break rather badly with bad clocks: <http://daoc.darkzone.net/region/eu/>.

Thanks.

I submitted this request on the 23rd June at 06:57PM CEST, so about 9 days ago.

Yet again, this is breaking the daoc.darkzone.net graphs. How is a player supposed to give feedback regarding such technical issues? FreddysHouse isn't supposed to be a RightNow replacement, however I got a reply within 12 hours here - compared to days on RightNow! :(

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
I've got to agree GReaper. Having been sending RN back and forth today about the crashes to desktop (fair play to them, they work saturdays) they seem to have a variety of competencies at the other end. Sometimes its very good, sometimes the response could just be a robot.

I'd like to say a big thankyou to you though GR - you do a lot for the community in terms of stats/graphs/help on the forums - it is appreciated (by me at least ;) ) :cheers:

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Eventually got a reply:

Hello,

Thank you for the information you have provided us. I have just received word from the webserver admins that all the clocks have been synchronised once again. In future for faster responses, select the "Life on your Server" category in your RightNow interface when you send your message. The message will get to the relevant people much quicker this way.

We are sorry for any inonvenience caused and should you have any further queries feel free to ask.

I did put the rightnow request in a category possibly more suitable to server/accounts stuff. :p Thanks to GOA for fixing it anyway!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
GReaper said:
Eventually got a reply:

I did put the rightnow request in a category possibly more suitable to server/accounts stuff. :p Thanks to GOA for fixing it anyway!

the technical (graphics card fun) and billing lot go to different teams - life on your server gets to a GM ;)

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Main problem is that theres no description about who your RightNow request goes to for each category. I mostly assumed that a non-game issue shouldn't go in the "Life on your server" category (that does seem logical, doesn't it? :p).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom