How to deal with bad news - advice

Outlander

Part of the furniture
ewwo babehs.

can you people suggest the best ways to deal with evul news that makes life sux, like eating alot of cake n stuff I dunno. need some ideas whats a good way to deal with things!

thnx :(

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Complaining about it to friends and lots of hugs.

Outlander

Part of the furniture
where I am atm I am lacking both of those! :(

(cant remember the last time I had a hug think it was about 4-5 years ago :()

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
step 1) get some huggles :fluffle: - everyone send some fluffle wub to out
step 2) whatever floats ur boat -sex/chocolate/hot bubble bath/watch a fav film or summit that holds positive/good memories for ya...

also a m8, a chat, some laughs an a cuppa tea - works wonders in eastenders if they could only get the world leaders to do it we would be living in a startrek style utopia by now:D

Outlander

Part of the furniture
found I have a tumor in my stomach and another one in my chest. tis fun.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I feel sorry for you m8 :( I really hope for that it's benign (that's the correct word?) and can be removed without too much hassle for you :(

Talking to friends makes things feel better, if you have friends who can feel with you. Try to cheer you up with things you always wanted to do and if it'S eating a really good cake, then do so, just don't destroy yourself. I for myself find that a problem not actually stop eating too much sweat stuff. I'm very slim (too slim) so that's not the problem, but sometimes I'm feeling really bad =)

C'mon =) You'll get over it =)

Himse

FH is my second home
Outlander :< omg mate, hope it all goes well for you <sends lots of Himse Huggles>

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Outlander said:

Oh shit, I feel so stupid now.

I feel really sorry for you and I wish you all the best in your recovery.

I've had a similair thing when I was young and the thing you can look forward to is a nice scar to show the ladies.

Stay strong, keep those who are close to you closer and chill out to some music that makes you appreciate life - it always works for me :)

Goodluck.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
nm should read all replies first before posting :( gonna go an write that 100 in a notepad now :(

Yshynsin

Fledgling Freddie
Outlander said:

Your a great bloke and once again, it's hit a bloke that is not deserving, all the best and i hope you recover mate :(

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
aww i hope all goes well for you, most of these things are treatable nowadays so try to stay positive. :fluffle:
if you need folks to talk to im sure you got many folks on this forum that would like you to consider em as your friends

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
talking to a loved one about it is probably the best solution mate, but cornish icecream is a good alternative ;)

Fingers crossed for ya matey.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
What i do, is just...well..."f*ck it".

It's gotten me through some tough times. Just go "f*ck it" and hit a club, watch a vid, do stuff.

You can either let this get to you or you can go into "denial", as the anal people would call it, and enjoy life regardless.

Tilda

Outlander, i'd stay positive and keep your life busy.

My sister had a hodkins lymphoma for over a year a bit back, she stayed more postivite than the rest of the family tbh.
Somehow she got through it by being phenomenally busy.

its important to realise that most people who get cancer of some sort live to tell the tale.
I hope that everything turns out ok, and if you want someone to chat to, you're welcome to pm me for my msn.

Tild

Ezteq

Queen of OT
aw outie babe, i hope your feeling a bit better now after seeing all the nice messages from the posters here.
When i have something thats worrying going on i try and remember the thing that i've heard a lot of folks on here say in the past "worrying can't help" and tbh it really cant, it can only make it worse but making you feel worse (although sometimes this on its own isnt enough to stop you having a little sneaky worry on the side).
but if you want to do something positive speak to your doctor as much as possible (its his job to help, dont worry that he might think your a pain, its your well being thats the most important thing here) find out as much as you can about whats going on (information is like a weapon with this kind of thing) if you need someone to talk about it out of hours with try maybe calling NHS Direct (call directory inquiries for the number) and they will either be able to give you info or point you in the right direction, and ofc you got the net, best sourse of info about.

the more you understand something the less afriad your likely to be about it.... unless its a shark

Outie your a little darling and i really do hope for the best for you
lots of squishy love and kissieys
Ez
xxxxx

Laddey

FH is my second home
Outlander said:

Holy fucking moly. Jesus mate sorry to hear that, get well soon for us all! :fluffle:

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Sorry to hear that mate :mad:

Few things as was said, talk to the Doctor, lock the bastard in the room and don't let him out till he's told you EVERYTHING, it's probably a good idea to find out everything about the treatment , but if you're like me you'd rather not know, sticking my fingers in my ears and shouting Lalalalala works for me.

Oh and keep posting :)

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Fucking hell man :(

Best of luck and i wish you a speedy recovery!

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i will give you the laid back approach. though people dont like it, so spoilers ahead

just accept it. if you get worked up, it wont heal the problems will it? getting worked up will make you feel worse. nothing you can do to your self will change what is happening. so if nothing will change it, where is the use in sadness? stay happy and just take shit as it comes. happy is better than being sad, always. i dont know how easy it will be to just accept it though, this is how ive grown up so thats all ive ever known.

i hope you do get better dude.

Outlander

Part of the furniture
Ezteq said:
lol conch, you cheery soul!
you misunderstand! the gun and bullet are to keep people away from your bottle of JD! aint it? :eek6:

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
also dude, if u need a laugh then maybe we can hook up on msn etc.

ask ez!

Yshynsin

Fledgling Freddie
also, i know about it, i been waiting for a scan for about 2 months now on certain bad aches and pains that have come up, and im 15 fs! all i do now is not think about it, enjoy life as it comes, get yourself involved in activities that take your mind of it, i do swimming and rugby :D

Rugby prolly isn't best though :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom