News How the fuck...

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Uhmm, that phrase "Wait till your parents get home" doesn't seem to work anymore mate, that's what they try and do at schools, get the parents in, sit them infront of the principal/headteacher - Parents couldn't give a shit from chav families tbh, just sit there probably laughing at the teacher...
( no disrespect to anyone here btw )

Parents are thinking; I don't care, My child doesn't need school - look at me, I've got a job as a so and so..

Kids are thinking; I don't care, The quicker I can get out here, the quicker I can join a gang and get myself put into prison

It's the way it happens, its a viscious cycle, the Kids will soon be THAT parent, there needs to be a kid who /ignores their parent and does well in their eductation to suceed, uhmm my girlfriend for instance :p

So, I agree, Teachers need to do something about it, it all starts in schools, teachers should be the people who can hit a child, and tell them that's wrong from a young age, otherwise, Kids think they can get away with murder!

:rolleyes:

:clap:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
but here's the point I'm trying to make Toht. "and no I'm not"

Bad and Negligent parenting is what creates brats, not the lack of coperal punishment.
would you smack an adult for stepping out of line ? if the answer to that is no, then you cannot advocate coperal punishment without "at least in my eyes" seem abit hypocritacal.

to alot of people tho unfortunatly, it's the easiest solution..thats not the same as the right one.

If an adult is acting like a spoiled brat, he most likely WILL get smacked for it. And without getting slapped as a kid, they'll be more likely to do so.

You need to be dropped down a bit, and harsh words go right out the other ear.

The point what many are saying is; lack of smacking IS lacking parenting IF the kid deserves it.

At some point, you can't say "no, hitting is wrong".

And by hitting we mean a branch of the tre to smack the arse.

And it's never, NEVER, easy to smack your own kid, but sometimes it has to be done.

The fact that bad parents exists, doesn't negate the fact that this generatio of kids is pampered and it shows.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Uhmm, that phrase "Wait till your parents get home" doesn't seem to work anymore mate, that's what they try and do at schools, get the parents in, sit them infront of the principal/headteacher - Parents couldn't give a shit from chav families tbh, just sit there probably laughing at the teacher...
( no disrespect to anyone here btw )

Parents are thinking; I don't care, My child doesn't need school - look at me, I've got a job as a so and so..

Kids are thinking; I don't care, The quicker I can get out here, the quicker I can join a gang and get myself put into prison

It's the way it happens, its a viscious cycle, the Kids will soon be THAT parent, there needs to be a kid who /ignores their parent and does well in their eductation to suceed, uhmm my girlfriend for instance :p

:clap:

up to this point I very much agree, again bad parenting is the foundation of bad kids, be it through negligence, incapability or other.

here's a question I'd put to anyone, wich would you prefer:

That a child abstains from doing something out of Fear of reprisal or because that child truelly belive it to be wrong and thus distances him or her self from it. it's all about morals and values.

sure you can use fear as a tool, and yes that is the basis for arguing corperal punishment, and if ever I had to advocate it the angle I'd put on it is that not all parents have the tools, capasity or even the capability to educate thier children through none violence, and here your left with one good easy option "coperal punishment aka beating" and sure it'll work "for a while at least" but what happens once the threat it removed ? what then, when they reach the size and age where they no longer have to take being slapped/beaten ect into concideration before acting ?

I'd much rather, and I know I'll sleep better knowing that i actually took the time and effort to give my child an set of values of wich to build on. and trust me no child of mine will be a cronical menece or repeatedly disrepct senior figures in his or her upbringing, and by god I'll achive it without ever laying a hand on any of my kids, so all i can really say is I feel bloody sorry for kids who have to grow up with the constant fear of physical reprisal, if they step out of bound.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I can see where you're coming from mate, but some people have to be treated like this... - Hard to put this - You can't exactly put a child of the age of 15 infront of a teacher when they've lived in a "Cba" household, and that teacher who that student has known for about a month or so ( total hours ) and trying to tell them a bunch of morals, There's a new term for all this behaivour - its called ADHD = The Government Needed to make up a word for bad behaviour.

I've been brought up with good morals mate, and I know what is right and wrong, but when you go to school, and you see people piss about and get away with it, you try and get to that line, before you'll get into shit, and yeah, I'm afraid I do it at times, ask your kids, I bet they did the same...

Teachers can't even touch a student, so if they're pissing about in lesson, then they can't do anything, ah a good example, - some lad in my History lesson has "ADHD" and we we're watching a DVD, and he climbed above some shelves that we're atleast 7/8 feet high, and the teacher told him to get down, and he didn't so this sparked off a frenzy with the students messing about, and then eventually the teacher had to send all the students to another class-room, to get about 6/7 teachers to get this student to calm down, and get down.

He was suspended for a week or so. - Pathetic. :twak:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Again i'd like to point out, slapping a kid, using a branch to smack his hiney(not to mention make him get it!), is NOT, NOT, NOT beating a kid.

It's clear you've never been slapped olga, because you have NO idea where the boundaries are.

A good arse smacking is good, a beating is not.

By the way, i'll pose a question to you:

What are you going to do to stop a teenager from leaving the house to go on a pisser(as not all parents are superparents like you) with his/her mates?

Say harshly "no"?

Stand in the doorway without laying a precious hand on your child while he pushes you aside?

And don't say "by teaching him/her respect i don't need to say so", because his/her mates will grow her more then you ever will. That's always been a fact, and kids ALWAYS disobey you at some point.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
So your saying Toht, you think the mother/father should hit the child because he wants to go out on the piss? Bear in mind this is a teenager; so a smack on the arse won't be happening and if anything, it'll end up being a struggle for dominance that could end much more badly.

Rightio then.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If all else fails, a smacking is sometimes in order.

And 2hitting a child", once more, isn't a good term.

It's not punching a kids lights out, it's grabbing his arm and telling him "no go", or spanking them with a branch of the old tree.

They do NO harm what-so-ever if you don't take it to extremes.

This is coming from a person who got his head beaten against a cabinet for being 5 minutes late from dinner and who got shaken because i coughed at night while having a cold.

My father took it to extremes, and that's wrong, but to a degree of humanity and sense, its as valid as a tactic as taking away the xbox.

One can raise their kid as they see fit, i'm saying you shouldn't judge someone for not raising a kid like you do.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Lol I did start a conversation didn't I? My dad stopped smacking me when I was 11 and it wasn't because I was too big for it or that I was a goody two shoes. it was simply becuase by that time I was old enough and mature enough to know the boundries of good and bad. He didn't smack me every time I was bad because there was no need, a good telling off worked most of the time. In my teenage years was, at times, a prick. I went out drinking and I smoked pot, I got into countless fights at school. I was being a teenager. My dad disapproved of my more audacious moves and by that time I knew exactly what respect was and I didn't push it too far because I didn't want to lose his respect.

My point is this: Young children haven't got the frist clue what respect is. They want things and they want them now. Say no to them and you're denying them for no good reason they can think of. Just as they don't truly understand the concept of actions and consequences. My dad, in Olgalines view was a deficient parent because he resorted to the threat and actuality of violence. THis is a narrow view of things. He raised me with a fine balance of education, understanding and fear. In my opinion children need all these things, with an emphasis on fear at a young age. I'm not talking about absolute terror but that saying "Wait till your father gets home!" is a classic example. The child knows that if they continue to misbehave at the very least their father is going to shout at them.

So here's my summation. Young children don't understand actions and consequences. Fear, if dealt out responsibly when the child is young leads to respect and a true understanding of right and wrong when they're older.

Rambling litany, over! =P

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Just as an aside to the people saying that lack of smacking has led to teenage gangs and lack of respect. The kids who are running rampant are the ones who will have been more likely to have been physically pubnished by their parents so that argument completely falls down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom