How much should a SCer charge

T

Tesla Monkor

Leladia's 'estimated cost' is based on 6x gem cost. (It takes an average of 6 tries to get any given 99%Q Gem.)

D

Danya

Originally posted by -Nxs-
I dont see how people can only charge 1.5p for doing a full set and actualy make a proffit, its just not possible unless you are lucky and manage to make all the 99% gems within the 6 attempts it is suposed to take.
Cost on both my sets (9 items each) was below 1.5p each time (1.2p and 640g), so you can easily make a profit - focus staffs cost more but most people don't need them. :p

O

old.Elfslayer

One question.

In Lleana's SC calculator.... how is the EST total calculated ?

When making items for the guild, I set NO markups at all, and tell them the EST total, then proceed to make the gems and charge them how much money I have used to make the gems, effectivly a cost prince, but this price is ALWAYS more than the EST total when making 99% gems.

This is my reason for going mat+200% on overcharge items, as the EST figure often lies.

I tend to find its pretty accurate, sometimes its too low sometimes its too high but averaging it out, its pretty good for me, most gems I make do fall in the 6 tries although like any crafting you do ocasionaly get a complete bitch of a gem (my highest retries was 42) but on the flip side I also do make a fair few gems in 1 hit.

I

i-scream

... I know exactly what you mean tho, had a few customers that state what they need then... just as you have got the materials and are hitting the craft button they say "Ohh no wait, lets change the +10 str to +10 dex"

Or the people that expect a full 99% 5.5 o/c set to be completed within 30 mins :)
Welcome to the club. Now you know why there are always more and more Spellcrafters in the game, and always less and less to find any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom