How much has your Daoc addiction cost you?

Talsar

Albion Legend
Paying my subscriptions this month, the thought occured to me, "I wonder how much in total i have paid for this game" ... to say the least i was shocked.

For accounts, game, expansions and monthly fees

My total is around ... £736

Whats yours?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
£430-500 for accounts.
And then expansions I suppose.

Gamah

Banned
Cost me, a job, 3 girlfriends, good college grades, and my large pool of friends (Although I still have all the good ones)...more than money :p

Mybuddies

Fledgling Freddie
Probably saved me lots of money tbh. I was always buying the fotm games but now I only play 1, this!

And despite the constant whinings that go on its still pretty fantastic btw.

Gotrag

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Cost me, a job, 3 girlfriends, good college grades, and my large pool of friends (Although I still have all the good ones)...more than money :p

yeah i agree with that good grades :/ damn camelot

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
...and my large pool of friends (Although I still have all the good ones)...more than money :p

LOL, yeah I guess one finds out who your good friends are... The ones you care enough about to go out with once, maybe twice a month :D

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
daoc has cost me 2 acc's (3x to toa, and 1 cata) plus subscriptions, not at the same time tho - money i got from selling my first account. Not too bad i guess.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
The bloody cheating programs cost more than the rest of the game ffs. =/

No but seriously, I've had one account through all my DAoC years which is what, 4 years now? Apart from 1 account +2 months on US. so I guess thats around 400£-450£?

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Errmmm

I used to only have access to daoc from a lan centre

So it cost me about 1 grand from my bank account plus around another 250-500

Expensive since Ive only been play for about 6 months before i quit

Gamah

Banned
Cruhar said:
LOL, yeah I guess one finds out who your good friends are... The ones you care enough about to go out with once, maybe twice a month :D

Yea its not my fault its thiers <shakes fist manicly>

Sinnica

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:

have to agree here (sadly) :p money isnt the problem, its the other stuff that one has lost that pisses me off ah well, no need to QQ :p

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
4 x £29.99 the original game, 3 expansion packs for 3 accounts @ £19.99 each = £299.87

Usp account: coming up on 40 months active, think first 20 was @ £6, rest was @ £8 = £280
Neverending account: coming up on 32 months active, 12 @ £6, 20 @ £8 = £232
Culian account: coming up on 32 months active, 12 @ £6, 20 @ £8 = £232
??? ;) account: coming up on 19 months active @ £8 each: £152
Total accounts + subscription: £1195.87

Add on the fact I have an extra computer that I use solely for DAoC, and the electricity costs, the amount of overtime turned down... and you're talking over £3000.

Ofc, if you add up the amount of money I haven't spent by sitting in at the weekend playing DAoC, it can easily add up to well more than that :D

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
one job and one girlfriend ... not so much money as I only played for like 11 months ... :m00:

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Nothing.

Muwahahahahahhaahahahahaha was bf's game and he paid subs, got expansions, brought memory/graphics cards etc etc

quite sad considering i never used to let him on the pc "No <growl> i'm in a GROUP!!!"

howvere good point all those who mention the amount you actually save by not going out and getting bladdered, i just used to stay in play daoc and get bladdered \o/

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
EU
2 lots of game + all expansions = £180
1 set of game +si/toa = £30
subs = £288 for my account, £192 for my brother's. £20 for extra acc.

US
2 lots of game + all expansions = £105
subs = £40

total £855.
thats about 2 months wages for me total.

i think i've spent more on jeans in the past few years.
but it did cost me friendships and grades at A-level and last years exams.

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
VidX said:
Ofc, if you add up the amount of money I haven't spent by sitting in at the weekend playing DAoC, it can easily add up to well more than that :D

Hell Yeah

I went travelling for 11 months on the money I saved in the first 18 months playing Daoc :> I had to work a few months but the bulk came from daoc savings \o/

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Im in credit <cough> earned more from selling than ive ever spent, some people have more money than sense.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Mmmm. Funny thing even though I have slagged DAOC creators off for being downright 'money grabbing b*******' the game has actually helped me over a particularly difficult time. Had a breakdown after attempting to run a computer shop with a not very helpful friend. Became overloaded with work and a gasket finally blew. How come the game helped? I played the bloody thing non stop for every waking hour. Reason behind it I can see now but at the time I couldn't. It was to stop me thinking about life and my problems. Total immersion into a fighting game environment did the trick. Not over night admittedly but it provided the ingredients for me to get back to some sort of normality. Now? I hardly play at all. Just log in now and then to keep my hand in. Kind of a reversal of the bad things said about video gaming really but the intensity was marvellous for me. Was like a shot in the veins with an antidote to mental illness. They still 'money grabbing 'b*******' though for sure :twak: .

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Prolly quite alot. Started playing just after moving abroad, so didn't lose any friends, gf, etc as I didn't know anyone where I moved to anyhow - but there's all the friends, gf, etc I coulda met but didn't.

Never saved me any money as tend to play while working thru' a crate of beer and the cost of that builds up, as does ordering take-aways and stuff instead of cooking for yerself.

Prolly effected job at sometime also, as there's often stuff you need to do out of hours sometimes that doesn't get done cos of daoc.

I have mixed feelings about the time spent playing this, but water under the bridge, doing pretty good job of cutting down atm and enjoying summer :).

Niroth

One of Freddy's beloved
Not that much, considering I played diablo 2 before DAoC, haha. <locks himself into a closet>

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
VidX said:

Exactly.

On the girlfreind front DAoC has cost me 1.

and im fucking glad as she was a bitch!! :D

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Gamah said:

Guess u did some good trashing then ^^

Tosen

Part of the furniture
6 accounts, 3 x Catacomb 3 x ToA, 3½ year of my life, good college grades, alot of food and coffee :( And I still love it anyhow ! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom