[QUESTION] How many will pay to play this ? Curious.

Going to pay to play this ?

• Total voters

Ahlgard

Loyal Freddie
You might say the samething for WAR with the way things are going it is going to be an endless scenario grind for those that stay.

I'll be happy with WoW i have always had a blast every time i resubbed the classes are fun to play, the PVE is great and the PVP is a nice break from the PVE.

No. It will be alot of Open RvR and PvP that makes sense and is fun for those who stay in WAR. Its you ppl who go back to WoW that will suffer endless grinding and worthless scenarios for the rest of your lives.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Makes me laugh when I see people who are not on the dev team, have no real knowledge of what the impact of more or less dev time before launch would have been, but are still 100% sure the game was rushed out.

there is a failsafe method to discern the truth of this tho
quite simple really, look for one of these, its a dead give-away:
img-6824-ea-logo-2.jpg

No. It will be alot of Open RvR and PvP that makes sense and is fun for those who stay in WAR. Its you ppl who go back to WoW that will suffer endless grinding and worthless scenarios for the rest of your lives.

QFT

but each to their own, if you really dont like WAR, thats fine, but bugger off to a WoW board and moan about it there cos we dont care. if you aint playing, dont be posting moaning :)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I doubt it.

Disgusted with the service tbh. Even the fuckin GOA representative on the boards seems to be able to give no definite answers.

I could shit out better customer service.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
If I had as much time, money etc. as these guys, I would not be making the same mistakes.

I had to wait 4 fuckin days for a ticket regarding a broken quest. Then ofcourse I got auth. failure and the bastard logged.

A quest I spent 15 minutes finding the npc for - checked the internet Magnus says 'we've hotfixed it' (twice). No you fuckin haven't because 10 other people comment after that it is still broken.

The game itself is fuckin good but the people who run it are stupid beyond belief.

/GoA bashing end

Mabs

You do know there's a quote button rather than writing it out yourself? :lol:

you do know it doesnt maintain letter capitalisation on quoting? :lol:

and also, please, get a clue

your talking tosh, again :)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
If I had as much time, money etc. as these guys, I would not be making the same mistakes.

Hmm :d

You can believe what you like - you obviously have not played DAoC for long enough beforehand.

GoA are notoriously shit at customer service / listening to their customers / giving a fuck about their customers.

To say that is 'trash' just demonstrates a lack of awareness on your part.

Mabs

if i had as much time, money etc. As these guys, i would not be making the same mistakes.

I had to wait 4 fuckin days for a ticket regarding a broken quest. Then ofcourse i got auth. Failure and the bastard logged.

A quest i spent 15 minutes finding the npc for - checked the internet magnus says 'we've hotfixed it' (twice). No you fuckin haven't because 10 other people comment after that it is still broken.

The game itself is fuckin good but the people who run it are stupid beyond belief.

/goa bashing end

/edit
ok thats fucking ODD, it seems to be random

hit Quote, and then put in 10 chars, and Preview, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnt save it

Oo

i stand (well sit) partially corrected! sort of

Mabs

you obviously have not played DAoC for long enough beforehand.

dunno bout anyone else, but i played DAoC from pretty much first day of closed beta, almost non-stop till about 14 months ago

;)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Okey, okey - the quote system is fucked.

But at least agree with me that GoA are doing something fundamentally wrong customer-service wise! :)

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Okey, okey - the quote system is fucked.

But at least agree with me that GoA are doing something fundamentally wrong customer-service wise! :)

It's always easy to criticise when you don't have to deliver anything yourself. I hate poor customer service as much as anyone. Not noticed any in WAR, but then I've not had much call to use it. Posted 4 times to customer service (2 bugs, 2 suggestions) and everytime had an email within hours that could have been auto-generated (though I doubt it was, they probably just have a formulaic approach to composing them).

The challenge of customer service is to maintain set of people who are skilled enough to handle customers, motivated enough to want to do so, but willing to work in a shit job for probably comparatively low pay.

Why a shit job? Because sliced whatever way you like, you are either bored doing nothing or taking a call/email/ingame submission from someone who is likely to be some combination of confused, pissed off and demanding.

Why low pay? Because the customer service staffing level has to be high enough to handle something approaching peak volume on a 24/7 game with a large player base. Even if you don't GIVE 24/7 support, you still have to pick up all those generated overnight when your coverage period starts.

I don't know how many staff GOA have covering WAR. Prolly not many. But when I think of the hatred I had for DAoC customer service (via that god awful Right Now) I can't help thinking they have learned some lessons and improved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom