Question How many people do you love?

russell

FH is my second home
How many people do you REALLY love?

In terms of how many people would you put before your own life?

(take a bullet... undergo life threatening surgery to save, give all your money/ time if they needed it etc...)

I have 5 people that I would die for:)

eksdee

FH is my second home
My girlfriend, my mum, my two best friends who I've been in a band with since we were 14. The rest can gtfo!

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
Dunno about - take a bullet... undergo life threatening surgery to save,

But my Girlfriend only? Even though I cheat (men need variety in their diet) and what not, I do actually love .... shes been the first person ever I suppose apart from my old German Sheppard :(

Kinda a shitty question if you don't have kids or not close much to your family.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Can't say that i do "love", or maybe i do, who knows really what the bugger is and how much of people think they're in love. Think i've loved one person in a friend capacity, again, think.

I'd probably die for a lot of people though, give all my money too, lifethreatening surgery for a stranger? Sure. If that's love then i guess i love half the globe.

russell

FH is my second home
Dunno about - take a bullet... undergo life threatening surgery to save,

But my Girlfriend only? Even though I cheat (men need variety in their diet) and what not, I do actually love .... shes been the first person ever I suppose apart from my old German Sheppard :(

Kinda a shitty question if you don't have kids or not close much to your family.

Animals and friends and family are included.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Without hesitation, 4 (theyre the ones that popped instantly into my head when I read the question).

My wife, my son and daughter, and my sister.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Mother, and youngest sister are the one's that instantly comes to mind mostly because I live with them. I live with my father as well, but his alcoholism when I was younger has sort of permanently tainted him for me. My brother and other sister, ehh not so much but I'd probably lump them in as well.

Fuck our dogs though wouldn't bother me at all if they ran out into traffic tommorow, and knowing them this would actually be something they'd attempt if you let them because OMG CARS IM A DUMB DOG.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Fuck our dogs though wouldn't bother me at all if they ran out into traffic tommorow, and knowing them this would actually be something they'd attempt if you let them because OMG CARS IM A DUMB DOG.

Not saying you should be prepared to take a bullet for your dog(s) or anything, but I find it genuinely baffling how anyone could have such a callous approach to their own pets. Dogs especially are so loving and loyal and completely depend upon you for their safety and well-being.

Sentimental maybe, but it really makes me sad to read such stuff. :(

Helme

Resident Freddy
I'd agree with you if we were talking about our old dogs, but these one's are fucking retarded. It's like they are constantly hopped up on speed, yeah it's nice to have such energetic dogs for like a week after that it becomes a real chore.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Mum, Dad and Sister can have anything that's mine if they needed it.

I have 2 or 3 friends for whom I would happily enter into unhealthy debt to help out.

And there are two girls (1st and 2nd love) who even now I would struggle not to help if they needed me.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Difficult question - I don't really equate putting someone elses life in front of your own as love. If I could prevent a stranger from dying in front of me, I would, regardless of the risk.

As for how many people I love - I love my partner and a care a lot about family, but it is very difficult to quanitify really.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
My daughter, obviously. My parents and my friends Mel, Maria and Bo. Everyone else can suck my left one...

Everz

FH is my second home
I'm similar to ford. I don't think this actually can equate to love.

Everz

FH is my second home
Yea, but then that list just is massive? I highly doubt I love them.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Animals and friends and family are included.

don't really have any family that I know well enough to lay down my life for, I love them and my friends in that 'aww I love you guys!' kind of way but that only really means I just really like them and care about them, it's not actual love love.

So my list of 'people' that I really love is quite short; contains 2 g/pigs, because I truely do love those little guys...not sure I would say I love the frog (don't get me wrong he's great but love is a little too strong...though I did love my snails, but then I've only known Vlad Frogomir less than a year so we are still at the getting to know you stage) and one actual person who is my best friend and the closest thing I've had to actual family for the last 10 years.

...for someone of almost 32, that's a bit sad really :(

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Love doesn't come into this question IMHO.

Farcical nonsense of an arbitrary notion used by people that cannot accept reality or do not wish to.

So, removing the "love" element - lots. I value other people's lives much higher than my own.

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
Not saying you should be prepared to take a bullet for your dog(s) or anything, but I find it genuinely baffling how anyone could have such a callous approach to their own pets. Dogs especially are so loving and loyal and completely depend upon you for their safety and well-being.

Sentimental maybe, but it really makes me sad to read such stuff. :(
I agree, I had 2 german sheppards for 13 years, grew up with them. Cryed my eyes out for weeks when they died and I never cry, not even when my dad nearly died :D

Animals really are a mans best friend, loyal to the end :)

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
5. My Fiancee, Mum and Dad and my two best friends who I've known since I was about 2.

bainteor

Banned
I do not think you can make an association between love and being willing to sacrifice your life for someone else's. These are essentially two separate questions, if we are going to be philosophical about things.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I would put my mother's life before my own. She, on the other hand, would kick my arse for saying that, explaining that as she's a 75 yo, I should stufu when she speaks her mind :)

I have a couple of friends I would help unconditionally...but take a bullet for them? No.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
I would put my mother's life before my own. She, on the other hand, would kick my arse for saying that, explaining that as she's a 75 yo, I should stufu when she speaks her mind :)

I have a couple of friends I would help unconditionally...but take a bullet for them? No.

Same here. Same here.

Number 1 person would be my lil' sister Almu. Even tho I dont usualy have the chance to tell her how much I admire and respect her, but the fact is if I had to jump over a bridge right now for her, I'd do it w/o hesitation.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Same here. Same here.

Number 1 person would be my lil' sister Almu. Even tho I dont usualy have the chance to tell her how much I admire and respect her, but the fact is if I had to jump over a bridge right now for her, I'd do it w/o hesitation.
feel the same way about my brother (Hi Crispy!) - but he probably dont know it.

russell

FH is my second home
Difficult question - I don't really equate putting someone elses life in front of your own as love. If I could prevent a stranger from dying in front of me, I would, regardless of the risk.

As for how many people I love - I love my partner and a care a lot about family, but it is very difficult to quanitify really.

I know, I know. My post sounds a little dramatic... I was just trying to equate love with a serious consequence so that its not a flippant thing.

I would also like to think that I would always workto prevent the death of a stranger and have once actually (trampy man -stabbed, another story)

You cant really quantify it except in terms of yes I would die for them or no I would not. Im confusing myself now:(

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
I do not think you can make an association between love and being willing to sacrifice your life for someone else's. These are essentially two separate questions, if we are going to be philosophical about things.
I agree with this, I might love someone 100% possible, but I'm too selfish to give my life. Kids of course is always a different story :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom